U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:15 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,202,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why don't you list the ones that will be applied to the middle-class and you can prove how they will, if you are so confident in the list I find it strange that you do not want to discuss them one by one.
Youse folks aren't about to discuss them one by one because then you couldn't attack the messenger and all your favorite Alinsky tricks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Why don't you list the ones that will be applied to the middle-class and you can prove how they will, if you are so confident in the list I find it strange that you do not want to discuss them one by one.
Youse folks aren't about to discuss them one by one because then you couldn't attack the messenger and all your favorite Alinsky tricks.

Maybe if you would look at the list you could see that middle class people will get hit hard by that bunch of taxes. Have you ever looked at what Dirty Harry and his bunch of union thugs dreamed up with those execs of some insurance companies and the Congress voted on with not one minute of debate or committee action?

Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 PM

6,967 posts, read 5,417,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
There are 40 hospitals in Tarrant County you are supporting with your taxes. "Indigent care" is a miniscule portion of this levy and you know it.

Which is why you should support the individual mandate so people pay their fair share.
I support the individual mandate, but I think there should be an opt out - with the caveat that opting out is permanent. If you cannot pay for your medical care, you don't get it, no matter how sick or injured you might be.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Same list and the same question: which ones are taxes on the middle-class, come on Roy let's hear you explain each of them and how they manage to validate your claim.
Stop trying to proclaim your stupidity about this list. You know you aren't stupid so why don't you tell me which of these taxes will not hit middle class people. Please try to remember that no matter what The One says middle class people will get to pay most of these taxes. I am ready to discuss them when you pick out the ones you want to discuss.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:19 PM

25,235 posts, read 14,038,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
LOL, your deflecting again Roy, isn't that what you claim others do

Old 08-21-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Property taxes AND sales tax....
You can never win with truth, Ray since many of these people don't want to know the truth. I feel sorry for you who try to uphold them so often getting called names by them.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Stop trying to proclaim your stupidity about this list. You know you aren't stupid so why don't you tell me which of these taxes will not hit middle class people. Please try to remember that no matter what The One says middle class people will get to pay most of these taxes. I am ready to discuss them when you pick out the ones you want to discuss.
None of them add taxes on the middle-class, You posted the list you tell me which ones you claim do.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Why don't you tell me, since you seem to think you know the answer.
There are 8 of them in effect right now and several more to go in 2013. REad the link and see if I am wrong.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
I'd read your own post fo grammar before referring to someone educated at Harvard as intellectually challenged.
What proof of his grades can you show? A piece of paper that is a statement he graduated? The words that aren't allowed on this forum? Hell, I can claim those words and without my diploma there is nothing there about my intelligence.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I support the individual mandate, but I think there should be an opt out - with the caveat that opting out is permanent. If you cannot pay for your medical care, you don't get it, no matter how sick or injured you might be.
I agree 100%, that is why I disagreed with Hillary on her idea for reform and the only thing I disagreed with on this plan. I have stated the same for those without coverage, either you pay cash upfront or no treatment. Thing is that is not what we got, and if Romney won he would not change a darn thing, after all it is his plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or