Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:12 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I sure hope they didn't sell their house in Chicago. They are going to need it again in January..
Another brilliant prediction, Kreskin!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 01:16 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Another brilliant prediction, Kreskin!!
That poster never mentioned a particular year.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Once again, SCOTUS called the individual mandate a tax. The individual mandate did not exist before Obamacare. New individual mandate=new tax=Obamacare causes a raise in taxes.

Is that simple enough? It seems pretty simple to me, and I'm neither "radical right" nor "radical left." Feel free to show me the error in the above equation.
There is no error.

Good math, brother!

Old 06-24-2013, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
And it doesn't mean it's a big deal.

Probably because just like my health care that I pay for, obamacare will need to be funded.
Funded with what?

Old 06-24-2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
As somebody is not going to vote for Obama this thread is absurd.
Well there is another liberal prediction gone wrong - or maybe you just posted innacurately - either way, Harrier is not surprised.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:08 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That will be a true revolution.

Here in California we have our own history of tax revolt - Proposition 13 in 1978 - and the recall of Gov. Davis in 2003.
First, thanks for bringing this 2012 thread back from the dead.
Second, Prop. 13 is largely responsible for destroying California's education system, once the best in the nation.

But on the matter of accusing President Obama of raising taxes on the middle class, it's a grasping for straws argument. Income taxes have not been raised on the middle class and since Mr. Obama won the election, the Bush tax cuts on top income levels has expired. The GOP was counting on Romney wining along with a sweep in the Senate, to renew those rates.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:43 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That poster never mentioned a particular year.
Well of course after two terms must have been the GOP plan all along, right?

Old 06-24-2013, 07:40 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,638,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
First, thanks for bringing this 2012 thread back from the dead.
Second, Prop. 13 is largely responsible for destroying California's education system, once the best in the nation.

But on the matter of accusing President Obama of raising taxes on the middle class, it's a grasping for straws argument. Income taxes have not been raised on the middle class and since Mr. Obama won the election, the Bush tax cuts on top income levels has expired. The GOP was counting on Romney wining along with a sweep in the Senate, to renew those rates.
I don't understand how any discussion of California Education and Prop 13 can overlook the Serrano Decision that forever changed how education in California is funded and was a huge factor the the grass roots support that made Prop 13 law?

Prior to Serrano, California was known for excellent public education... Serrano took local tax dollars going to local schools and sent them to the State to allocate...

It's one thing to pay high taxes for the local school and quite another when the money leaves the district.

Even so... California does have some outstanding public schools and school districts 35 years after Prop 13.

I know that I am paying more... just selling my home triggers a new tax the President introduced.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:13 PM

The Obama middle class tax hike begins in a week when Obamacare enrollments start.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I don't understand how any discussion of California Education and Prop 13 can overlook the Serrano Decision that forever changed how education in California is funded and was a huge factor the the grass roots support that made Prop 13 law?

Prior to Serrano, California was known for excellent public education... Serrano took local tax dollars going to local schools and sent them to the State to allocate...

It's one thing to pay high taxes for the local school and quite another when the money leaves the district.

Even so... California does have some outstanding public schools and school districts 35 years after Prop 13.

I know that I am paying more... just selling my home triggers a new tax the President introduced.
Democrats here justify the process by pretending that the money all goes back to the school districts and that Sacramento knows best how to spend the money.

Most of the money ends up funding special interest projects favored by the powerful liberal public sector unions that dominate the state government in this disaster zone of a state, or go into the general fund where they are spent on prisons, something that California spends more on each year than K-12 education, the overcrowding of which Democratic Gov. Brown is fighting federal court orders to alleviate.

It is outright theft - and perpetuated by the Democratic politicians and the robots who send them to Sacramento.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies