Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
If any crazies decides to take a pop, it will be the smoking gun that those crazy white extremists have been waiting for. This will be the race war that will undoubtly tear america and destroy it. This is what the enemies of the US will want, an oppurtunity to strike back. I know this is what i'll do if i were an enemy.

The fact that you all seem to think this is ok (topic of discussion), makes me laugh no end, very entertaining indeed.

So, it is about race, and not the destruction and disregard for the US Constitution.
What a racist you turned out to be!

Old 08-22-2012, 12:19 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Good! The feeling is very mutual.
You don't deserve my respect.
And you don't deserve mine, I don't believe for a minute that you even spent a single day serving in the military.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:41 PM

272 posts, read 229,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Using that word, respected, doesn't make your use of idiot any less leaner writing.
Annnnnnnnndddd, what's your point?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:56 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
This is unprecedented for ex military at their levels to speak out.
You are tripping if you think that.

Quote:
It really wouldn't look too good if Obama publicly disrespected our military would it?

Wait, so on one hand these former members of the military have a right to say whatever they want to say in a very politically charged and partisan manner but Obama as a political candidate doesn't have a right to criticize or dismiss their unfounded charges? What kind of double speak bs is that?

And by the way, is the argument that these political hacks speak for the military to begin with? I think not.

Quote:
He gave an order.
Excuse me, but he gave the orders to begin the planning for the operation, approval of the plan submitted and the go ahead when the opportunity arose. That's what President's do, or perhaps Truman shouldn't get credit for ending WWII for making the decision to drop a bomb that he didn't build?

Quote:
And do you know what he was concerned with?
Besides your politically biased supposition, do you? NO!

Stop being a

Old 08-22-2012, 02:35 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Obama doesn't take the criticism from the seal team and retired seals seriously, he said?

These guys can take you out of the genepool @ 1500 yards, while you and I, won't even hear the ordinance discharged.

At the pace he is going, he is just begging and daring, for some crazy fool to try it.
I wouldn't want to be him, out on a golf coarse!
Coming up on 70 posts on the subject and theres still no link on Obama not taking the retired seals seriously.
If in fact a group of RWNJ's who are no longer seals were bashing Obama on his birth certificate i can well see him perhaps losing his respect for them,however to understand the op's point of view we need to know what they were saying and in what context, if we are down to just throwing out wild accusations based on personal emotional opinion i can come up with some imaginative scenarios to marginalize Mr Romney.....

Old 08-22-2012, 03:34 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Coming up on 70 posts on the subject and theres still no link on Obama not taking the retired seals seriously.
If in fact a group of RWNJ's who are no longer seals were bashing Obama on his birth certificate i can well see him perhaps losing his respect for them,however to understand the op's point of view we need to know what they were saying and in what context, if we are down to just throwing out wild accusations based on personal emotional opinion i can come up with some imaginative scenarios to marginalize Mr Romney.....
I agree. The OP made a huge mistake in expressing what sounded like their inner delight at the idea of someone taking that shot. I simply take this as another sign of what the right is all about, this is nothing new. As one poster said, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it, this Nation would erupt in violence and I would not blame them for thinking it was the first shot in a war.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:52 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
This blind faith is getting ridiculous. I don't care if you served in the military or saved 3000 orphans from a fire, if you're an idiot, you're an idiot. In this case, these military people are just respected idiots.
Everyone has an opinion and yours is no different............ theres a difference in blind faith and a President addressing military men. He should be the bigger man and show the people he tries to cross party lines. This President has shown none of this.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:02 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Does that include Lee Harvey Oswald (Marines) or Timothy McVeigh (Army)? Are service members deserving of respect NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO?

I spent nearly 15 years in the Army, and if I said the things that bunch of clowns is saying for partisan political motives, I'd expect the President to come down and kick my azz, not just ignore me. And, I'd have it coming.
These people have a beef and their calling him on it, he could address them. As for the names you mentioned they never tried to address the cause that made them mad, speaking out is freedom of speech, these men have not killed so why not at least respect them. After all the left respects Michael Moore and Sean Penn who never severed a day in their life.

Then why isn't Mr President trying to kick azzzz rather than speaking from a microphone??? Maybe, he should make a call and not make this a public matter for his benefit. I'm sure you won't see the connection as to why he's speaking out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies