U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:47 AM

26,025 posts, read 18,812,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
Rush Limbaugh.
wrong.

here's what he said:
Quote:
ďIíll just tell you this, if this passes and itís five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented ó I am leaving the country. Iíll go to Costa Rica.Ē
has all of obamacare been implemented yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Can't name them, but the city-data poll on this showed eight people, presumably Republicans, who said they'd move out of the country if McCain/Palin lost.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...licans-if.html
i don't think an anonymous poll on C-D is a very good demonstration of anything at all.

how do we know liberals don't comprise some or all of those 'i will move' votes in an attempt to make the other side look bad?

Spoiler
we don't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 10:02 AM

3,113 posts, read 2,509,861 times
I'll chuckle when the Repubs go back into "respecting authority" mode.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:12 AM

4,433 posts, read 3,909,811 times
If the Dems lose it all they will start a gay commune in the Northwest.

Joe Biden will be going down on Harry Reid. And Debbie Wasserman-Schultz will be licking it up on Nancy Pelosi with Barbara Boxer watching.

2016 -- who's butt will Hillary be licking?

Old 08-23-2012, 10:28 AM

26,025 posts, read 18,812,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I don't now if conservatives are victims of a failed educational system, willful ignorance, mass psychosis, or just dissimulation with malice and forethought.
um, i think this is the phrase you meant to use.

Malice aforethought - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 AM

14,379 posts, read 7,905,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You are so absolutely and utterly clueless regarding what the people of Germany faced prior to the 1932 elections and it is an outrage that you would even try to make such a ludicrous comment!

This just lunacy! Compared to the transformative programs enacted by Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, Lyndon Baines Johnson and Richard Nixon, Obama's politics and and policies have been Hooverian by comparison.

I don't now if conservatives are victims of a failed educational system, willful ignorance, mass psychosis, or just dissimulation with malice and forethought.
The ignorant screaming ignorance. You only care about defending Obama, while I was talking about the entire political spectrum. Only one of us is narrow minded. You didn't bother to read the link, but you certainly made time for a personal attack. You simply can't tolerate a differing opinion, even when history bears out the similarity that I was pointing out.

Keep in mind that Galileo and Tesla were labeled lunatics.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:47 AM

9,033 posts, read 8,693,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Parallels to the Third Reich are not what is important in America right now. The ability to see what is possible in the long run is.

Don't be so dumb to think that if you're able to get an Obama Phone, that you have a good President.

You have a lot to learn.
And you have a lot to learn about the importance of not spouting bizarre, hysterical allegations.

Again: you said that what's going on in America now is similar to what happened in Germany in the 1930s, thus insinuating that Obama is Hitler redux and that the Democrats are similar to Nazis.

Please explain.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:56 AM

19,122 posts, read 22,119,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I appreciate the rare acknowledgment.

Most liberals hate seeing their hypocrisy. You can read how they know they're being hypocritical, yet continue on anyway. Conservatives hate being shown that their pushing grandiose agendas while basking in Reagan's shadow. Neither party has a prayer of fixing anything as long as they aspire to the status quo. Sad but true.

My take is that we should fire all the politicians and change everyone out with a vote. The problem is that we are only offered the candidates that have been approved by the masters.

We need to remove special interests and lobbyists, reset the Constitution to its basic premise, gut the FED, and maybe then we'll have a slight chance of pulling this out. Otherwise, it's going to be $30T in debt, $10 loaves of bread, .002% controlling all the wealth, the middle class decimated, and a free USA nothing more than a relic of history.

JMHO
I agree with that too.

You and a few others here are very gifted people. I can see these things but i can not gather the info to articulate it well.... This Govt going back so far as i can remember has been suffering corruption and special interests, and it is out of control.

I can only guess when the whole thing will implode on itself. There is no other outcome.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:57 AM

9,969 posts, read 14,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I am just curious what our Dem posters will do if they should lose the Senate, lose seats in the house and lose the oval office. Just a what if. Would you re-evaluate where you stand with the american electorate? Would you move to Canada? What exactly would you do?
What would I do? Get up, go to work. Come home to a drink, go for a walk, crawl into bed with my girlfriend... Same thing I always do.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:58 AM

14,379 posts, read 7,905,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So please tell us all about this "Obama terror" that's been going on since 2009, and be sure to draw exact historical parallels with the Third Reich.
Do any of you actually read the links before making absurd counter-posts? It's impossible to hold a rational debate when half of you simply post reactionary thoughts.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:57 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,020,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wrong.

here's what he said:

has all of obamacare been implemented yet?

i don't think an anonymous poll on C-D is a very good demonstration of anything at all.

how do we know liberals don't comprise some or all of those 'i will move' votes in an attempt to make the other side look bad?

Spoiler
we don't
You sure love semantics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies