U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:48 PM

833 posts, read 554,599 times

Advertisements

I'm kindda split on this one..

If women in the military are fighting to have the right to be alongside their male counterparts on the frontlines in the theatre of war, then fair game, for example. If an enemy soldier is in my scope which happens to be a female, do i?

a) ignore her and pop a male soldier, not knowing she was their #1 soldier and sniper.

b) pop her and treat her like any other soldier?

If women want no holds bar and want to be equal like their male counterparts then surely, they should not get prefertial treatment. Im not saying getting abused by authorities is acceptable whether they be male or female, im just saying equal treatment is what you will get.

And i will admit i dont believe hitting women neither should they be in the front lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 01:35 PM

13,266 posts, read 10,368,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Maybe if she had done what she was told to do, all this would never had happened. Looks like its all her fault for being a b**ch.
I'll use that in court next time I assault somebody.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:37 PM

13,266 posts, read 10,368,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Border line at best, she did not follow repeated orders and while he did try to push her up against the car it looks more like she stumbled, I doubt she has a case. Yes, there are officers that do abuse their power, I do not think that is the case here. Think of it this way, it is dark, you have a person pulled over who is not following directions, sex does not matter, women can also be dangerous, and she keeps refusing to follow the officers orders after he goes over to her. Try walking in their shoes some time and you might see this differently. Just so you know I agree there are good and bad cops out there, they are a cross-section of the citizens, weed the bad ones out and learn to live with it, it is still better than anywhere else you can go in the world.
No. He didn't have to slam her into the car. It doesn't take slamming someone into a car to turn them around and put cuffs on them.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:05 PM

414 posts, read 286,757 times
A Florida police officer was fired and arrested after a camera mounted in his car showed him slamming a hit-and-run suspect against her car multiple times.

The video appears to show officer Christopher Geraci grab suspect Abbi Bonds' arm and shove her after she refused to obey his command that she hang up her cellphone and reenter her car, WEAR-TV reported.

Geraci then appears to grab Bonds by the hair and force her against the side of the car as he attempts to handcuff her.

"I'm not fighting you," she is heard saying. "Why are you hitting me?"

Bonds, 29, is suspected of being the driver in a hit-and-run accident.

Based on the video, it seems Bonds did not resist Geraci as she stood outside her damaged vehicle around 2 a.m. on Aug. 2.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:08 PM

16,268 posts, read 9,085,922 times
Before we get into full on police bashing, the cop in question was fired and charged with battery and arrested.

The system worked. A bad guy will go to jail.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:31 PM

414 posts, read 286,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Maybe if she had done what she was told to do, all this would never had happened. Looks like its all her fault for being a b**ch.
If she was drunk she'll get out of these charges easy now. She can just argue in court that the hit on the head TWO times made her fail the field sobriety test.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:41 PM

8,266 posts, read 10,689,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
She can just argue in court that the hit on the head TWO times made her fail the field sobriety test.
and it made her breath/blood get the alcohol content...

Old 08-22-2012, 03:46 PM

14,095 posts, read 23,636,684 times
First off, she was the problem. She committed hit-&-run and DUI as well as other past crimes. Her intoxication lead her to lie to the officer and disobey the officer's orders. He was at fault for letting his temper get the better of him. I hope they don't throw out her conviction because of his actions.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:49 PM

14,095 posts, read 23,636,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I didn't see where the thug with a badge to be one, was disciplined??

The DUI is one thing. Physical harm is a totally different phase of crime, that includes rage and hate.
DUI and hit-&-run is much more violent and physically dangerous than what was shown on the video.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:05 PM

29,621 posts, read 16,361,775 times
her prior actions do not validate the officers actions. how many of you are wife/animal abusers I wonder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies