U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2012, 02:05 PM
 
3,349 posts, read 2,650,195 times
Reputation: 1700

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The point is that some people can criticize others without resorting to childish insults. Demeaning people is not a legitimate way to disagree with someone or to criticize someone. When you descend into childish namecalling, you don't further your argument, you open yourself up to criticism. Which is what you've done here. And then, in defending yourself, you've strayed from the topic at hand. While Good Housekeeping might be the preferred outlet for First Lady Obama's creative writing in some people's minds, iVillage is inappropriate for what reason?
Someone from the left accusing someone else of childish namecalling..... thats rich

Someone in the position that Michelle is in should not be parading around proud of asking prostitutes for sex tips.... really? At least have a little respect for yourself and consult with an expert on the subject.

You have done nothing more than make yourself look bad defending her in the process of trying to demean me...... it is truly funny.

If women are actually taking a publication like that seriously, then I can honestly say they must be on some kind of narcotic drugs..... yeah, I know, I am just SOOOOO.... mean...

I do love your self righteous finger wagging.... I just feel like sitting in a corner and hiding

 
Old 08-22-2012, 02:10 PM
 
40,020 posts, read 24,286,353 times
Reputation: 12594
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Someone from the left accusing someone else of childish namecalling..... thats rich

Someone in the position that Michelle is in should not be parading around proud of asking prostitutes for sex tips.... really? At least have a little respect for yourself and consult with an expert on the subject.

You have done nothing more than make yourself look bad defending her in the process of trying to demean me...... it is truly funny.

If women are actually taking a publication like that seriously, then I can honestly say they must be on some kind of narcotic drugs..... yeah, I know, I am just SOOOOO.... mean...

I do love your self righteous finger wagging.... I just feel like sitting in a corner and hiding
Yes, you do yourself proud.

Dishonest and unclassy. First Lady Obama has not paraded around asking anyone for sex tips.

I didn't try to demean you in any way. You were the one who proudly asserted you weren't classy. I pointed out the reasons you might aspire to being more classy. Like actually lending your arguments credibility.

iVillage is a serious publication with a substantial audience.
 
Old 08-22-2012, 02:11 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 37,133,594 times
Reputation: 12760
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I just think it's a strange pick for someone of her status.
What, the soon to be evicted? She's networking for her next job when voters send her family on a stay-cation back to Chicago.

"We can re-write our history." - Michelle Obama

Undoubtedly polishing up her writing skills to embark on just that project.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 08-22-2012 at 02:19 PM..
 
Old 08-22-2012, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Montgomery Village
4,120 posts, read 3,827,026 times
Reputation: 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Someone from the left accusing someone else of childish namecalling..... thats rich

Someone in the position that Michelle is in should not be parading around proud of asking prostitutes for sex tips.... really? At least have a little respect for yourself and consult with an expert on the subject.

You have done nothing more than make yourself look bad defending her in the process of trying to demean me...... it is truly funny.

If women are actually taking a publication like that seriously, then I can honestly say they must be on some kind of narcotic drugs..... yeah, I know, I am just SOOOOO.... mean...

I do love your self righteous finger wagging.... I just feel like sitting in a corner and hiding
Dude, you just called The First Lady a ho for no good reason. Do you even know what the publication is about of are you just going to believe what they tell you on the Blaze?

You know what? It is actually sad that people on the right have to post stretching articles like this. It keeps giving ammo to those that say that they do not care about integrity and only wish to defame others at any cost.
 
Old 08-22-2012, 02:16 PM
 
3,349 posts, read 2,650,195 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes, you do yourself proud.

Dishonest and unclassy. First Lady Obama has not paraded around asking anyone for sex tips.

I didn't try to demean you in any way. You were the one who proudly asserted you weren't classy. I pointed out the reasons you might aspire to being more classy. Like actually lending your arguments credibility.

iVillage is a serious publication with a substantial audience.


I should clarify..... I am not classy ..... sometimes Here, however, I am and I am right on the money

That being said, ivillage is NOT a reputable source......

If you want to use the "they have a significant following" argument, then I could counter with "so do Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck"...... so I don't think you want to go there

There are many stupid people out there..... listening to Rush AND reading iVillage

Just quit while you are losing....... Michelle deserves criticism here..... I will give her credit when credit is due..... like being a decent mom and wife, so don't think I dislike her personally
 
Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 PM
 
40,020 posts, read 24,286,353 times
Reputation: 12594
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
I should clarify..... I am not classy ..... sometimes Here, however, I am and I am right on the money

That being said, ivillage is NOT a reputable source......

If you want to use the "they have a significant following" argument, then I could counter with "so do Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck"...... so I don't think you want to go there

There are many stupid people out there..... listening to Rush AND reading iVillage

Just quit while you are losing....... Michelle deserves criticism here..... I will give her credit when credit is due..... like being a decent mom and wife, so don't think I dislike her personally
iVillage is not my favorite reading material. But it is a women's site, featuring articles of interest to women. If a woman wants to contribute to the site, and the publishers and editors think their audience would be interested, I really don't see what problem you or anyone else would have with that.

And again, you are not right on the money by suggesting that First Lady Obama has sought out prostitutes for sex timps. That is a remark intended to denigrate her. It's unfounded criticism.
 
Old 08-22-2012, 02:51 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,611 posts, read 18,999,465 times
Reputation: 18918
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Hey, I didn't say I was always classy...... at least I don't act all self righteous like Mee-chelle and turn around and act like a idiot

Laura Bush had 1000x the class that Mee-chelle Obama has
And with that being said, I think that Laura Bush would be absolutely horrified at the treatment and name calling of the current First Lady. It serves no purpose. And it certainly does not make the Obamas look stupid. It does, however, add to the evidence of blind hatred toward the First Family based on something rather frivolous like their race.
 
Old 08-22-2012, 03:02 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,151 posts, read 5,600,770 times
Reputation: 1752
Calling the First Lady names is soooo classy As I have saidunprecedentedd hate for some reason
 
Old 08-22-2012, 03:06 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,151 posts, read 5,600,770 times
Reputation: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
When he gets sex tips from hoes like Michelle you can run your mouth...... until then he is more classy than any Demaclown I have seen on here.....
New one here calling her that name. You should be ashamed and your friends should too. This is a new low and these people want to control the world
 
Old 08-22-2012, 03:07 PM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,358 posts, read 7,729,971 times
Reputation: 7213
I can't believe ANYONE would characterize i-Village the way the OP and his linked Blaze smut article is doing! And the Republicans claim there is no war on women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:06 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top