U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2012, 01:25 PM

881 posts, read 605,266 times

Advertisements

I've got to think about mine for a minute. Just wondering if there was a particular gem of a lie or broken promise that anyone else had a particular irritation from or that had a personal affect on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 01:36 PM

15,908 posts, read 10,083,215 times
The one where he said that he wouldn't enforce the federal ban on marijuana on the dispensaries in California that are operating legally under their state law.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:44 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,184,184 times
"I will not raise taxes on anyone making under $200,000 a year"

Old 08-22-2012, 01:59 PM

16,284 posts, read 9,121,777 times
there are so many.

Transparency
bringing America together
no lobbyists
no taxes on the middle class
fix the economy
get unemployment below 8%
The stimulus worked
Cut the deficit in half
Get out of GITMO
Get out of Iraq
Post bills online so everyone can read them before signing them.

There are so many. I could go on for days.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:59 PM

15,202 posts, read 18,266,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
"I will not raise taxes on anyone making under $200,000 a year"
I have to say, that's quite a peach. I was going to dig up one of the many quotes about being able to keep your existing insurance under Obamacare, but I think I'll go with yours. It's nice and simple, and undeniable, even for the most ardent of the True Believers™.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:00 PM

9,967 posts, read 14,626,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
I've got to think about mine for a minute. Just wondering if there was a particular gem of a lie or broken promise that anyone else had a particular irritation from or that had a personal affect on you.
He promised me a jetpack... Still waiting.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:05 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,283,014 times
My favorite would be where he promised Sarah Brady that he was working "under the radar" for gun control legislation. Oh wait, maybe he did keep that promise...maybe he really was 'in the loop' on Fast and Furious.

Any Dems out there have an alternate explanation for his promise to Sarah Brady???

Old 08-22-2012, 02:19 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,978,960 times
I think perhaps its the Housig plan that Obam promised usig the second half of TARP fundig left by bush which was its intenrded pusrpose. Obama annouced ti and geithner decribed it as coming soon i first eyar i office. Then they bilaed oyt GM>chrysler wit the money;bondholders i the bankrupsy took huge loses and no onewanted to be involved i a governqamtn 'private plan any more and most funds annouced they were not interested.Perhaps the last and only hope was gone for a plan that could have helped homeowners i saving their homes and stopped the downturn i housing cost to any degree.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:49 PM

881 posts, read 605,266 times
There are so many to choose from. I'm sure being the President of the United States is extremely hard and much harder than anyone knows before they get in. I'm sure there is information that you are unaware of before taking office and it can be tough to keep all your promises no matter how hard you try. But, I think the number one broken promise by obama for me is the one where he promised to cut the deficit in half. He sounded so sincere as he talked about Bush's "irresponsibility" to have raised the debt so much "for our children". But, the way he started out of the gate spending money shows me that he NEVER had any intention of keeping that promise. I think it was an out right lie. I have never even heard a die hard lib be able to back this one up. Except to say, "Uh, well Bush spent a lot too".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies