U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:01 AM

39,959 posts, read 24,197,286 times

Advertisements

I think the judge and the many others who share his fears are unaware that the UN doesn't have a standing army. The UN has no military force of its own. UN military forces are comprised of member countries' voluntarily sending forces to areas that have been deemed to be in crisis by the UN, and the Security Council has to approve any deployment of "blue helmets" to those areas.
It would be extremely unlikely for the UN to intercede in the United States if a civil war were to occur (very doubtful), since the Security Council would not authorize it. And moreover, the United States is the leading volunteer in supplying the UN with its "blue helmets", which it's not going to do during a civil war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 09:20 AM

3,113 posts, read 2,509,861 times
This is why I don't understand conservatives. Evidently, the good people of Lubbock are going to be so outraged over the election of that commie, tax-hikin' Obama the only solution will be to raise their taxes.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:33 AM

26,025 posts, read 18,812,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Well, of course Molly Ivins made a career out of reporting on 'Texas Crazy' politicians.

Several decades ago we had some guy running for state representative who thought it would improve his chances of winning if he fought off criminals and was harmed in the fight. Thus, he got a friend with a shotgun. The budding politician opened a car door, ducked down behind the open door, and stuck out his left arm (he was right handed) and had his friend give the exposed arm a load of buckshot. Said budding politician then called a press conference to report that he was injured while defending the good People of Texas.

Alas! The truth rapidly came out! I believe he underwent psychiatric treatment. I also believe he lost his race.

I would not worry about this Lubbock county judge. He got his fifteen minutes, and I'm sure the county commissioners are ignoring him.

I went to law school at Texas Tech. Lubbock was a nice enough place to live for a couple of years. However, I never saw any reason to return for a visit. Once you see Prairie Dog Town, you have pretty well exhausted the local sights.

A link for those who wish to visit the Prairie Dogs:

Lubbock - Parks & Recreation - Prairie Dog
you're forgetting buddy holly..

Lubbock - Buddy Holly Center

Old 08-23-2012, 09:41 AM

8,266 posts, read 10,670,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transatlantic View Post
It is frightening that this man who is obviously suffering from a mental illness-induced paranoia (well, mixed in with a heavy dose of Good Ole Country Boy racism) is in a position to raise anybody's taxes.
Yup. When we see these paranoid types posting on citydata it is interesting as a window into mental illness and how it manifests itself, but when you get one of 'em in a position of power it is somewhat alarming.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:46 AM

10,456 posts, read 6,151,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you're forgetting buddy holly..

Lubbock - Buddy Holly Center

Recall, Buddy did not die in that plane wreck. When the airplane was at 8,000 feet Mr. Holly parachuted out of the plane, which seconds later exploded into a fireball that could be seen for one thousand miles away. It is believed that Buddy's glasses were some type of nitroglycerin compound, and as he left the plane he through his glasses back in the plane.

You see, Buddy already knew that the Memphis Mafia was after him, headed by none other than Elvis Presley, who had already murdered his infant twin brother at birth. Buddy assumed a new identity, and waited his opportunity.

That opportunity came on August 17, 1977. It is believed that Buddy Holly had successfully infiltrated Mr. Presley's inner circle, and so when Elvis was alone in his restroom, Holly struck.

Some say that Buddy caught up with Waylon Jennings in 2002. I do not know the truth of that. Some also say that Gary Busey is Buddy Holly. I do believe that. He is obviously a dangerous man.

Anyway, only the ignorant believe that Mr. Buddy Holly died that fateful night. Don Mclean claims that it was the night 'the music died'. What he really mean was: it was the night that a deranged Buddy Holly decided to kill not only his bandmates, but the King of Music, Elvis Presley. Holly truly wants the music to die.

I saw where Tony Martin recently passed away. Coincidence? You tell me.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:46 AM

20,281 posts, read 9,787,642 times
from the judge:

“As emergency management director I have to think of the worst-case scenario, and I used that as an example,”

i think zombie babies riding rabid pitbulls would have been a more likely scenario to discuss.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 AM

41,505 posts, read 51,148,300 times
I think 'legalsea's post is a "worst case scenario".

BTW - that is some really creative writing but displays substantial ignorance of history, aerodynamics and explosives.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:06 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,820,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So now if any American voices their opinion on something they are labeled crackpots...

obama sure is changing America from:

Land of the free and home of the brave

to:

Land of the muzzled and home of the wimps

Don't take no genuis to figure this out does it? At least you have the foresight to know what is taking place.

Many many people feel this way, many. The muzzled, are those people who disagree with Obama, and his whacko administration.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:09 AM

20,281 posts, read 9,787,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The muzzled,.....
exactly who are being muzzled and how?

Old 08-23-2012, 10:11 AM

26,025 posts, read 18,812,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Recall, Buddy did not die in that plane wreck. When the airplane was at 8,000 feet Mr. Holly parachuted out of the plane, which seconds later exploded into a fireball that could be seen for one thousand miles away. It is believed that Buddy's glasses were some type of nitroglycerin compound, and as he left the plane he through his glasses back in the plane.

You see, Buddy already knew that the Memphis Mafia was after him, headed by none other than Elvis Presley, who had already murdered his infant twin brother at birth. Buddy assumed a new identity, and waited his opportunity.

That opportunity came on August 17, 1977. It is believed that Buddy Holly had successfully infiltrated Mr. Presley's inner circle, and so when Elvis was alone in his restroom, Holly struck.

Some say that Buddy caught up with Waylon Jennings in 2002. I do not know the truth of that. Some also say that Gary Busey is Buddy Holly. I do believe that. He is obviously a dangerous man.

Anyway, only the ignorant believe that Mr. Buddy Holly died that fateful night. Don Mclean claims that it was the night 'the music died'. What he really mean was: it was the night that a deranged Buddy Holly decided to kill not only his bandmates, but the King of Music, Elvis Presley. Holly truly wants the music to die.

I saw where Tony Martin recently passed away. Coincidence? You tell me.
cool story bro. but what does it have to do with the fact that you forgot to mention the buddy holly center as an interesting place to visit in lubbock?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies