Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 04:58 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times

Advertisements

Abortion doctors make a profit by causing death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 04:59 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
No, that's conjecture.

Have any proof?
It's silly because we would have millions upon millions of death certificates for embryos that failed to make it to the next stage of development. Seriously, during a healthy sex life, a woman would have to undergo weekly tests for the hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) to indicate "conception". Then some people would have us proclaim person-hood on the fertilized egg.

Last edited by Wapasha; 08-23-2012 at 05:11 PM..

Old 08-23-2012, 05:01 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,735,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Routine medical care is a Dental exam or a pap. Abortions, like other pregnancy issues, is not a routine exam.

And there are already many places without clinics that perform this procedure. Many women and girls already have to drive hours away from home to get that care.
Yes, and it's ridiculous.

Quote:
More than 80 percent of U.S. counties have no abortion providers, and some whole states have only one or two.
Abortion in American History

So...knowing that access is already strained to near extinction, you would also impose further burdens on women by making them cross state lines?

Really???

Old 08-23-2012, 05:02 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Yes, and it's ridiculous.

Abortion in American History

So...knowing that access is already strained to near extinction, you would also impose further burdens on women by making them cross state lines?

Really???

Well you may think its ridiculous, but I think it should be up to the state, and even on the county/city levels.

Less federal intervention, is a good thing.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Abortion doctors make a profit by causing death.
That one just doesn't have the 'honk if you can read this' spark of your other slogan.

Any physician who stops CPR or mechanical ventilation, accidentally lacerates an intestine causing sepsis and asystole, or one who prescribes the wrong medication makes a profit by causing death.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Well you may think its ridiculous, but I think it should be up to the state, and even on the county/city levels.

Less federal intervention, is a good thing.
I respect your opinion, but as a female and a mother to a daughter in young adulthood, I cannot afford to entrust her reproductive freedom to the whims of state politics in this issue.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:11 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
I respect your opinion, but as a female and a mother to a daughter in young adulthood, I cannot afford to entrust her reproductive freedom to the whims of state politics in this issue.

But the problem is just abortion, its ALL of the other things that comes with federal laws and mandates.

I understand your position as well, and I don't want to see abortions outlawed. But I have to fight against all federal regulations like this, even the ones in which I may find make sense. There are needs for some federal regulations, and sometimes they should even be short lived regulations, but we are supposed to be a free country. A woman is free to get an abortion, where its legal. If the state in which you reside doesn't have things legal in which you agree with, then move, or visit a state in which it is legal.

For instance, medical marijuana. I think marijuana should be legal, period. But regardless of what my state does, the federal government still makes it illegal.

There in lies the problem, mandating anything, whether it limits or makes available, on the federal level is generally bad.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:14 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Well, in some states your daughter's school can offer her a free abortion without your knowledge or consent, which amounts to entrusting your minor child's "reproductive freedom to the whims of state politics."

Old 08-23-2012, 05:16 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
no, the abortion should be left to owner of the body

Old 08-23-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
But the problem is just abortion, its ALL of the other things that comes with federal laws and mandates.

I understand your position as well, and I don't want to see abortions outlawed. But I have to fight against all federal regulations like this, even the ones in which I may find make sense. There are needs for some federal regulations, and sometimes they should even be short lived regulations, but we are supposed to be a free country. A woman is free to get an abortion, where its legal. If the state in which you reside doesn't have things legal in which you agree with, then move, or visit a state in which it is legal.

For instance, medical marijuana. I think marijuana should be legal, period. But regardless of what my state does, the federal government still makes it illegal.

There in lies the problem, mandating anything, whether it limits or makes available, on the federal level is generally bad.
Well, Memphis, if the U.S. becomes a polka-dot map of states that do and don't allow abortion, we will indeed see an increase of infections and fatalities brought on by self-induced and assisted illegal abortions. It is a fact. Women have always found ways to rid themselves of unwanted pregnancies, although not all of them have survived the attempt.

That would be our future.

It is not one I ever fathomed could exist again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies