U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2012, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,051,582 times
Reputation: 8620

Advertisements

Mother risks becoming fugitive to protect her son - WSMV Channel 4

"SPRINGFIELD, TN (WSMV) -
A mother who was wanted by the law for a custody crime said she had a very good reason for being on the run - the protection and well-being of her child.
Georgia Dunn faces years in jail. She worries about that, but in the end she decided to risk it for a reason any mother would understand.
She believes that the system so failed her 9-year-old son that the only way she could protect him from being raped again was to become a felony fugitive."

But when Dunn went to court in front of Hicks, she not only didn't win her case, but she also lost primary custody of her son.
"Eleven people unanimously agreed," Dunn said. "A judge overruled their decision on that."
Then came new allegations this summer by the boy that led to an FBI investigation and federal search warrants. The FBI even accompanied Dunn to Robertson County earlier this month to again appear in front of Hicks to ask for an order of protection.
"They brought copies of warrants for search and seizure," Dunn said. "He said he wasn't granting it and that I would need to return my son to his father that day. I said, 'Are you telling me that I have to return my child to the man my son has told the FBI is raping him - not in those terms, but in child terms?' And he said, 'I won't discuss it to you in any way.'"

Evidence of a broken justice system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2012, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Texas
1,770 posts, read 2,019,829 times
Reputation: 618
.


I applaud the mother who protects her child above all else.

Maybe the judge has personal reasons to decree as he did.

Who knows... maybe the father has been pimping the boy out.

Homo-pedos do that sort of thing.


.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 08:09 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,051,582 times
Reputation: 8620
I should add that the "father" was arrested for sexual abuse today as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 08:17 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 32,081,824 times
Reputation: 14896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
\

Evidence of a broken justice system?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I should add that the "father" was arrested for sexual abuse today as well
Obviously not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 08:19 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,051,582 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Obviously not.
Only after the mother had to be a fugitive with her son for months, and the court demanded that she give her son to the abusive father.

So its not a broken justice system, if the boy had to be with a father abusing him for two months while they sorted things out?

Sounds pretty ****ed up to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 08:22 PM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
14,724 posts, read 10,616,557 times
Reputation: 19896
The judge should have to explain his actions - especially after he was told by both his 11 experts and the FBI that there were real concerns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 08:42 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,382 posts, read 21,932,788 times
Reputation: 23575
I would have just left the country. The judge should be flogged in the town square along with the rapist dad. Some things are just incorrigible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 09:02 PM
 
29,419 posts, read 18,719,582 times
Reputation: 5437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Only after the mother had to be a fugitive with her son for months, and the court demanded that she give her son to the abusive father.

So its not a broken justice system, if the boy had to be with a father abusing him for two months while they sorted things out?

Sounds pretty ****ed up to me.
Not excusing the judge or the "system" but many make up false claims in situations like this too. Looks like the woman did the right thing by her child and this pig is in jail now. Good riddance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 09:31 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,998,929 times
Reputation: 5905
That "father" better be in solitary for his own protection. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 PM
 
637 posts, read 465,258 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Mother risks becoming fugitive to protect her son - WSMV Channel 4

"SPRINGFIELD, TN (WSMV) -
A mother who was wanted by the law for a custody crime said she had a very good reason for being on the run - the protection and well-being of her child.
Georgia Dunn faces years in jail. She worries about that, but in the end she decided to risk it for a reason any mother would understand.
She believes that the system so failed her 9-year-old son that the only way she could protect him from being raped again was to become a felony fugitive."

But when Dunn went to court in front of Hicks, she not only didn't win her case, but she also lost primary custody of her son.
"Eleven people unanimously agreed," Dunn said. "A judge overruled their decision on that."
Then came new allegations this summer by the boy that led to an FBI investigation and federal search warrants. The FBI even accompanied Dunn to Robertson County earlier this month to again appear in front of Hicks to ask for an order of protection.
"They brought copies of warrants for search and seizure," Dunn said. "He said he wasn't granting it and that I would need to return my son to his father that day. I said, 'Are you telling me that I have to return my child to the man my son has told the FBI is raping him - not in those terms, but in child terms?' And he said, 'I won't discuss it to you in any way.'"

Evidence of a broken justice system?
I'd be curious as to the judge's reasoning - I would suspect it had more to do with procedure than substance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top