Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 08:59 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Also a military man......who served his country and was held captive because of his country.

When has President Obama served his country??
The last eight years....

If you wanta go there, when did Mittens "serve" his country? When did raygun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 10:31 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Also a military man......who served his country and was held captive because of his country.

I'd say being president for four years qualifies as service to the country.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:42 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
How many people were under his command?

What was the annual budget?

Were the organization's books balanced?

Was it the sort of organization that could provide the deep experience needed to run the World's largest, most advanced military or the World's largest economy?
A majority of the electorate who voted determined Sen. Obama was qualified ... when they selected him to lead our nation. And during the past 3.5 years of his leadership the business of the nation has moved forward and he has demonstrated a strength in the area of national security which was unattained by his predecessor. So your questions are irrelevant.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Wouldn't this question have been more relevant in 2008?
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:48 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Cheap shot...someone wanted someone too say " Community Organizer". That he managed 5 laboring volunteers who were growing vegetables on a vacant lot in abandoned industrial Chicago...Better get a new thread and try again...at least make an effort if you are going to knock this guy about- good luck.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:52 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
A majority of the electorate who voted determined Sen. Obama was qualified ... when they selected him to lead our nation. And during the past 3.5 years of his leadership the business of the nation has moved forward and he has demonstrated a strength in the area of national security which was unattained by his predecessor. So your questions are irrelevant.
What color is the sky in your world?

Old 08-23-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Funny, I was just thinking how utterly childish your views on most things were. I ran a business most of my adult life, before that as I kid I caddied and delivered papers starting at ten. I knew a bit about real work.

Long hours lounging in the lap of luxury DOES NOT EQUAL work. The illusion you're trying to create for CEO's is what millions of small business people do EVERY DAY. Millions of shop owner, restaurant owners, trades people, craftsmen, artisans.... CEO's counting the stacks of money and deciding who they're going to lay off next and setting up that Indian call center??? Not so much.

Mittens claims he walked away from Bain Capital overnite to rescue (beg the federal gobernment for a bailout) the Olympics.... If he can abruptly walk away from being CEO and not be missed, not look back, WTF was he doing in the first place???

As if Oracle's little yacht is the only one out there...
You claim to be a long time business owner but you seem to have no idea what a CEO does...

Hmmm.

Do you think the men and women who take the risk of starting a business are just magically handed out yachts and country club memberships?

Are you serious?

Old 08-23-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Not, McCain was the last presidential candidate the GOP tried to sell America on, I bit more than a random senator.

The question is if a CEO's and his alleged expertise is so vital to running a gobernment, WHY DIDN'T the GOP put up a CEO in 2008 instead of Mr "Random Senator"? Why was McCain a bettwr choice than mittens in 2008?
I don't know...go ask a republican who voted for either of those guys in the 2008 primaries.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:

The president personally donates money each year to Kenyan charities so he's got that covered.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:11 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
George W. had great qualifications on paper, ran a large organization, how did that work out, the orginal question is a silly one you already know the answer. There are many paths to the presidency, just because you had a great record as governor or a large company doesn't mean you are fit to serve. I don't think voters realized how easy it was to serve as governor, look at Rick Perry and George W., obviously you can't screw up Texas if you tried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies