U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 07:00 AM

15,202 posts, read 18,266,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I'm not surprised from your assessment. I have you pegged now.
You have me "pegged" as what, exactly?

Come on, Don. Let's talk about the movie. Pick a point made during the first half of the film and let's talk. That's why you're here, right? That's why you started a discussion thread on a discussion forum and insisted that people watch the film before they participated, right? Let's have it. Pick a single point and we'll go at it.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:12 AM

8,266 posts, read 10,715,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Oh really? I guess my industry is much different than yours then ... which I just completed 35 years at the same company and was a project manager for many of those years.
You are correct, your industry is different from mine. In mine success usually is not achieved by people too shallow to be able to support their own theories, nor by those so pig-headed they believe any opposing arguments should be simply ignored.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:56 AM

8,398 posts, read 9,895,955 times
If you watch mine, I'll watch yours.

It's a sad reality but most people just don't question anything anymore. I wouldn't doubt that some things in our skies aren't just puffs of pretty white condensed moisture. I'll look into it.

This is interesting if you wonder why most people act sheepish.
I'm looking into it, check it out. This was passed on to me via a friend, very interesting. Doing a bit of research on it's validity but so far it checks out pretty well. After watching it I'm back to questioning instead of assuming all is just fine and dandy.

ETHOS: The Movie - YouTube

Old 09-06-2012, 09:16 AM

8,398 posts, read 9,895,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Flight paths over the United States of America.

Just look at this, and this is one day.

How many trillions of gallons of chemicals have been dropped on American citizens over the past few decades and why isn't there anything happening to them other than some headaches and watery eyes and stuffed up noses?????

Geezus, if this chemtrail crap is real it sure is a waste of money.....

Too bad I'm on don9's ignore list, I'd sure like to hear his explanation....
Wow, regardless of chemtrails how much fuel exhaust are those puppies pumping out over us. I can't imagine how we get away with pumping that much crap into our atmosphere. And I'm just talking fuel here. That's a lot of air traffic. A lot of petroleum waist follows.

Think that's a no biggie? We really need to get over ourselves a bit and come up with some alternatives. IMO, of course. Hopefully we can come up with something a bit more digestible in the future and stop using the ignore button.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Wow, regardless of chemtrails how much fuel exhaust are those puppies pumping out over us.
Exhaust from an internal combustion engine is bad for you. In other news, what is being called "the first digital calculator" hit the market today, stunning abacus users everywhere.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:11 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,780,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead
Wow, regardless of chemtrails how much fuel exhaust are those puppies pumping out over us.
A tiny fraction of what cars, trucks and buses spew out every day...But their exhaust is not as visible as vapor trails...Remember leaded gasoline? I don't remember any conspiracy theories about chemical spraying from cars, and lead is a hell of a lot more harmful than anything these chem-trail nuts think is is being sprayed overhead.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:54 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,427,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Wow, regardless of chemtrails how much fuel exhaust are those puppies pumping out over us. I can't imagine how we get away with pumping that much crap into our atmosphere. And I'm just talking fuel here. That's a lot of air traffic. A lot of petroleum waist follows.
Ummm I think you should take your rant somewhere else..

"petroleum waist"? Is that eco-speak for potbelly?

Quote:
Think that's a no biggie? We really need to get over ourselves a bit and come up with some alternatives. IMO, of course. Hopefully we can come up with something a bit more digestible in the future and stop using the ignore button.
Absolutely clueless.....

Old 09-06-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
"petroleum waist"? Is that eco-speak for potbelly?

Old 09-06-2012, 05:57 PM

Here are a couple of photos I took yesterday.

This one is a persistent contrail ("chemtrail"), but note how it's only persisted in the same mass of air that's supporting a cloud. Pretty sneaky of those chemtrail-sprayer-dudes, wouldn't you say?

In this photo, which was taken at the same time but at a part of the sky that's further south than the first photo, we have a distrail, or "reverse contrail." A jet passed through the cloud and the tiny droplets that make up the cloud evaporated due to the heat from the engines. Pretty cool.

If Don, Claude or any other of the True Believers™ want to comment on these photos, feel free.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:43 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,427,770 times
EPA Contrail Factsheet (pdf file)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...s6obbgY37wiLng
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies