Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 06:34 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Because they have to account for money, and where it goes, like most companies.
Have you ever seen a copy of the paperwork which details that accounting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 06:35 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
If the government should not be involved with medical decisions - shouldn't ObamaCare be repealed?

Simply put...........yes.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:47 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Obamacare should be repealed because the people didn't want it then, and they don't want it now. That's ALL the reason needed.

Our "representatives" need to be reminded that THEY work for US.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Repeal of Health Care Law: Favor/Oppose

Old 10-20-2012, 07:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Have you ever seen a copy of the paperwork which details that accounting?
Like all companies getting federal money, they are required, by law, to show where every dollar of that money is spent.

If you don't believe the numbers that they give the people and the government every year, prove it in a court of law.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:53 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Obamacare should be repealed because the people didn't want it then, and they don't want it now. That's ALL the reason needed.

Our "representatives" need to be reminded that THEY work for US.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Repeal of Health Care Law: Favor/Oppose
I know so many people who want Obamacare. Most can't get insurance because of predetermined conditions. Why should they be denied?? I am so glad that those opposed have great insurance

Old 10-21-2012, 12:17 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Medical decisions should be made by medical personal.
Insurance is not a medical decision. It is a payment system.

Obamacare has mandates on what MUST be covered, and therefore requires individuals to pay for more coverage than they might need and prefer; the Secretary of HHS a lot of rulemaking power to decide for us.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
How do you know that Planned Parenthood does not use the money that they get from the government to fund abortions? Do they have 12 different checking accounts that different organizations put money into and state that the money is only to be use for "this" procedure or "that" procedure? I have called Planned Parenthood and asked them about it. The woman on the phone said that based on your income, the government helped to pay for the extra cost. The Susan G. Komen Foundation stopped giving money to Planned Parenthood for a short time because they were using the money for abortions instead of completely on breast exams. They had to change their stance because the pro-choice people did not want them to have a choice as to where they sent their money(ironic isn't it). Seems to me it all gets thrown in a pot and they use it how they see fit. It would be a nightmare sorting that stuff out otherwise.
B#1. More or less. You may do a search. They have to account for their money to the govt. and to their donors.
B#2. Totally untrue. It was a political decision to de-fund PP because they are an abortion provider, not b/c they used Komen money to fund abortions.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:46 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
I demand that the government stay out of my bedroom and womb while simultaneously demand that they pay for my abortions and birth control. ~signed, typical liberal dumb arse.

Liberals want to use taxpayer money to fund birth control and abortions. And they expect everyone else to stay out of their sex lives. Ultimate in hypocrisy.

And of course, a man isn't allowed to offer his opinion on the matter, unless he agrees with the liberal. Maybe if liberal women stopped stealing money from men we wouldn't offer our opinion on the matter.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:53 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
I demand that the government stay out of my bedroom and womb while simultaneously demand that they pay for my abortions and birth control. ~signed, typical liberal dumb arse.

Liberals want to use taxpayer money to fund birth control and abortions. And they expect everyone else to stay out of their sex lives. Ultimate in hypocrisy.

And of course, a man isn't allowed to offer his opinion on the matter, unless he agrees with the liberal. Maybe if liberal women stopped stealing money from men we wouldn't offer our opinion on the matter.
NO FEDERAL MONEY IS BEING USED TO PAY FOR ELECTIVE ABORTIONS! Get that straight!

People who pay for insurance should get the drugs their doctors feel they need.

The rest doesn't even deserve a response.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
NO FEDERAL MONEY IS BEING USED TO PAY FOR ELECTIVE ABORTIONS! Get that straight!

People who pay for insurance should get the drugs their doctors feel they need.

The rest doesn't even deserve a response.
lols.

So naive, so naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies