Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:31 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,155,624 times

Advertisements

Greetings. I am hoping I have found the proper location for discussion of this very important issue that it seems no one on either side of the political aisle wants to touch. I want to comply with all of CD's TOS and want to state from the outset that my "agenda" is to raise national awareness of a very costly, controversial and divisive issue that is affecting our children, our taxes and our national sovereignty.

Many Americans are aware that Ronald Reagan withdrew the U.S. from UNESCO in 1987. Unfortunately, George W. Bush rejoined UNESCO in 2003 primarily for the following purpose:

Quote:
"Education for All is consistent with our recent education legislation, the No Child Left Behind Act. Congress passed President Bush's reform proposal with support from both our political parties. Now I spend my days, along with thousands of educators throughout the United States, implementing these historic reforms." ~Sec. of Education Rod Paige
Most Americans realize the current President has a love affair with the UN and considers the UN's opinion more important than our Constitution. Getting rid of Obama will not stop the enormous global control of our pocketbooks and children's futures if Romney/Ryan continue with the misguided "good faith" deal Bush made with criminals and people who hate America.

Enter IB. What's IB, you ask? It is short for International Baccalaureate. This organization invaded my NY school district in 2004. I have been fighting to get rid of it ever since. The 2009 ARRA allocated over $10 Billion to Title I schools to implement "innovative programs". In 2010, IBO moved its "global centre" to Bethesda, MD. IB has taken over a large portion of Fairfax County, VA, most of Anne Arundel, MD and has a big stronghold in California and Florida.

IBO is an NGO of UNESCO. It's program(mes) are VERY expensive, eliminate choice entirely at the elementary level and reduce Advanced Placement options at the HS level. Over the past three years, I have met with and spoken with parents from around the country whose communities have been divided by controversy over this "educational program".

I have been recognized by Newsday and the Washington Post as "one of the best known IB critics nationally." I am sad to say that I know more about this organization than any sane person should want to know. But I am deeply committed to stopping its spread and ridding our schools of IB.

So please, ask me anything you like, but a warning in advance. I will not tolerate any name-calling. Please let's all be adults.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:44 PM

6,105 posts, read 5,972,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Greetings. I am hoping I have found the proper location for discussion of this very important issue that it seems no one on either side of the political aisle wants to touch. I want to comply with all of CD's TOS and want to state from the outset that my "agenda" is to raise national awareness of a very costly, controversial and divisive issue that is affecting our children, our taxes and our national sovereignty.

Many Americans are aware that Ronald Reagan withdrew the U.S. from UNESCO in 1987. Unfortunately, George W. Bush rejoined UNESCO in 2003 primarily for the following purpose:

Most Americans realize the current President has a love affair with the UN and considers the UN's opinion more important than our Constitution. Getting rid of Obama will not stop the enormous global control of our pocketbooks and children's futures if Romney/Ryan continue with the misguided "good faith" deal Bush made with criminals and people who hate America.

Enter IB. What's IB, you ask? It is short for International Baccalaureate. This organization invaded my NY school district in 2004. I have been fighting to get rid of it ever since. The 2009 ARRA allocated over $10 Billion to Title I schools to implement "innovative programs". In 2010, IBO moved its "global centre" to Bethesda, MD. IB has taken over a large portion of Fairfax County, VA, most of Anne Arundel, MD and has a big stronghold in California and Florida.

IBO is an NGO of UNESCO. It's program(mes) are VERY expensive, eliminate choice entirely at the elementary level and reduce Advanced Placement options at the HS level. Over the past three years, I have met with and spoken with parents from around the country whose communities have been divided by controversy over this "educational program".

I have been recognized by Newsday and the Washington Post as "one of the best known IB critics nationally." I am sad to say that I know more about this organization than any sane person should want to know. But I am deeply committed to stopping its spread and ridding our schools of IB.

So please, ask me anything you like, but a warning in advance. I will not tolerate any name-calling. Please let's all be adults.

You realize that American education abandonned learning decades ago and the whole world knows that American High School Dipolmas are aren't worth the paper they are printed on! So you need a real credential that is the same in advanced nations like Brazil, South Africa, China, Europe or Japan. Then some Americans can enter the real world.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:32 PM

9 posts, read 8,338 times
The biggest issue that I have seen, & have heard & researched, is the 'Programming' methods being used on our young children's minds.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to homeschool my children. I use a program that is considered public school in that it meets the standards & recv's tax payer money, BUT, exceeds (by far) the propoganda & brainwashing being done against our children. For one, REAL HISTORY! And they LOVE it! Done chronologically! This is my 2nd year homeschooling. And the constitution has been (being) taught BOTH yrs! But the best part is Critical Thinking. They aren't just learning to accept what a teacher tells her, but HOW to think for ones self! How to research for REAL information and know how to determine if something is accurate.

They are learning why govmt MUST be divided and not have power centralized. How to be good people and loving, but also understand that relativism is dangerous. That Truth matters more than political correctness, and, well, I can go on forever! In our public schools, becoming more and more centralized, children are dumbed down zombies being taught to believe the teachers morals/ ethics/ etc (which, since most are unionized, are the same as the Libs). Hitler public ally stated numerous times how badly he wanted a centrally ran public school system. Why? Because if one controls how the youth think, & WHAT they think, one can change an entire nation in one- two generations!

And as the UN & Fed govmt encroach into what should be locally ran schools, we see higher teenage pregnancy, abortions, welfare, drop outs, and unprepared youths that disrespect their parents and any who disagree w/ them in a violent way! Belief in God, family, hard work, morals, and integrity are also failing. And since the only change is that of the UN and Fed Govmt Libs, one can quickly realize the cause of our failing Soceity w/ a bunch of uneducated, know it all & lazy children! We, as parents, MUST take our children's minds back!

Old 08-24-2012, 01:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoKidz View Post
The biggest issue that I have seen, & have heard & researched, is the 'Programming' methods being used on our young children's minds.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to homeschool my children. I use a program that is considered public school in that it meets the standards & recv's tax payer money, BUT, exceeds (by far) the propoganda & brainwashing being done against our children. For one, REAL HISTORY! And they LOVE it! Done chronologically! This is my 2nd year homeschooling. And the constitution has been (being) taught BOTH yrs! But the best part is Critical Thinking. They aren't just learning to accept what a teacher tells her, but HOW to think for ones self! How to research for REAL information and know how to determine if something is accurate.

They are learning why govmt MUST be divided and not have power centralized. How to be good people and loving, but also understand that relativism is dangerous. That Truth matters more than political correctness, and, well, I can go on forever! In our public schools, becoming more and more centralized, children are dumbed down zombies being taught to believe the teachers morals/ ethics/ etc (which, since most are unionized, are the same as the Libs). Hitler public ally stated numerous times how badly he wanted a centrally ran public school system. Why? Because if one controls how the youth think, & WHAT they think, one can change an entire nation in one- two generations!

And as the UN & Fed govmt encroach into what should be locally ran schools, we see higher teenage pregnancy, abortions, welfare, drop outs, and unprepared youths that disrespect their parents and any who disagree w/ them in a violent way! Belief in God, family, hard work, morals, and integrity are also failing. And since the only change is that of the UN and Fed Govmt Libs, one can quickly realize the cause of our failing Soceity w/ a bunch of uneducated, know it all & lazy children! We, as parents, MUST take our children's minds back!
The "programming techniques" being used in Education today and especially within the IB programme are the same techniques and methods that were use In Germany beginning in 1933 under the Third Reich to "shape the thinking of the Youth" because "whoever controls the schools controls the State", and "whom ever controls the youth dominated the future". Both quotes from top advisers to Hitler.

The difference is the Themes that permeate the respective curriculum. In Hitler's Germany the theme was Racial superiority and purity and hatred of minorities. In the IB Global Citizen Curriculum the theme is Environmental servitude to the Earth, Social Justice (which was a Demoralization tactic employed by the Soviet Union agents to collapse target Nations from within), and pluralism as a vehicle to communitarianism.

However the purpose is the same ... to gain control and force changes to the State structure and functioning, through manipulation of the youth. Changes that the adult population would otherwise not permit.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:36 AM

197 posts, read 212,401 times
I've always wondered about the homeschool thing. How do you teach widely diverse subjects like physics, math, foreign language, literature, chemistry, etc? Does one person know enough about all subjects to teach them adequately? Or do you give your child a trig text book and say good luck?

Old 08-24-2012, 01:47 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,205,099 times
I like it's rival program AICE.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
You realize that American education abandonned learning decades ago and the whole world knows that American High School Dipolmas are aren't worth the paper they are printed on! So you need a real credential that is the same in advanced nations like Brazil, South Africa, China, Europe or Japan. Then some Americans can enter the real world.
Thank you for commenting.

I realize that the Progressive movement and the teacher's unions in the U.S. have been dumbing down what has been taught in our public schools for decades and that we spend more $$ per student than any other civilized country on the planet. As a large, diverse country, we also provide free education to untold millions of illegal immigrants, only to be told our system produces inferior results to countries like Finland. The comparisons are apples and oranges and a red herring in terms of this debate.

IB sells three "educational programmes for ages 3-19, the PYP, the MYP and the DP. Only the IB DP is considered a "real credential" by some, and I assure you, even UK universities like Oxford recognize an American HS diploma or the Advanced Placement International Diploma for admission while requiring a score of 38 or higher (on a scale of 24-45) for the IB Diploma, something rarely attained in the U.S. by a tiny minority of the tiny minority of full IB Diploma candidates.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:33 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,138,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khsoj View Post
I've always wondered about the homeschool thing. How do you teach widely diverse subjects like physics, math, foreign language, literature, chemistry, etc? Does one person know enough about all subjects to teach them adequately? Or do you give your child a trig text book and say good luck?
One well known homeschool program, Abeka, uses video recordings of class lectures combined with book work. It's like sitting in the actual classroom. Our children were so far ahead of public school students that they aced the GED after Grade 10 and entered college two years early. Both have now graduated from fully accredited Universities and our son has a Master's Degree. I recommend it highly.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoKidz View Post

Great comment and congratulations on taking charge of what your children are learning! It's funny that you should mention critical thinking. From IBO's marketing propaganda, you would think the company held the patent on it.

It is very refreshing to me to hear from a homeschooling parent who understands that the "global citizen-social justice" indoctrination being pushed by BOTH parties must be stopped! Our children are the future and it is unacceptable that we allow a global collective to not only make off with billions of U.S. taxdollars, but brainwash the youth into being willing Borg for one world government. Our freedoms and liberties as a sovereign Constitutional Republic are far too precious to allow them to be undermined and superseded by the UN.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A voice in the wilderness View Post
The "programming techniques" being used in Education today and especially within the IB programme are the same techniques and methods that were use In Germany beginning in 1933 under the Third Reich to "shape the thinking of the Youth" because "whoever controls the schools controls the State", and "whom ever controls the youth dominated the future". Both quotes from top advisers to Hitler.

The difference is the Themes that permeate the respective curriculum. In Hitler's Germany the theme was Racial superiority and purity and hatred of minorities. In the IB Global Citizen Curriculum the theme is Environmental servitude to the Earth, Social Justice (which was a Demoralization tactic employed by the Soviet Union agents to collapse target Nations from within), and pluralism as a vehicle to communitarianism.

However the purpose is the same ... to gain control and force changes to the State structure and functioning, through manipulation of the youth. Changes that the adult population would otherwise not permit.
Hey there Voice,

Great to see you here. I know you have so much to contribute and have yourself removed your child from an IB public school in order to homeschool.

Those of us opposed to IB and opposed to UNESCO's disingenuous efforts to "improve" our public schools are tired of being marginalized and deemed "fringe, paranoid extremists" by the mainstream media. We are but parents and taxpayers, but together, we can take back our schools and help open up the eyes of fellow Americans to this global scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies