Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,336 times

Advertisements

I've met many an 'atheist' that believes in things such as: ghosts, deja-vu, ESP, pagan spirituality, group consciousness, reincarnation, transcendentalism...

how does that add up , as all those things are supernatural to some degree

Old 08-23-2012, 10:37 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post

Yet plenty of Republicans have many platforms that they base off of God saying so.
And the people have the right and should challenge and question those politicians. None of those politicians are protected from having their implementing of Christianity into politics questioned. You say that as though they are automatically able to get away with things. And why do you mention Republicans? It's not just Republicans that use God in politics.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:38 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
I've met many an 'atheist' that believes in things such as: ghosts, deja-vu, ESP, pagan spirituality, group consciousness, reincarnation, transcendentalism...

Hmm, good point and I know what you mean.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:40 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,987,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post

Nope, not at all...we just don't have the science to expain it yet.

But we will. Just like it was proven the earth wasn't flat and that we were not the center of the universe...but I guess those 2 facts are horrible atheist lies.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:41 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Nobody can prove God exists.

Nobody can prove God does not exist.
Positive assertion means that the burden of proof is on the person who makes the positive assertion.
You're saying something exists, so prove it.

I don't need to prove anything.
Just like I don't need to prove that I don't have blue eyes.

What a ridiculous attempt at argument.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
I've also heard of christian pagans.

Spirituality is different than religion.

Your local library can assist you.
believing in an essence, force, pantheistic power, magic etc.. are all supernatural and thus are very much in the sphere of religion.

or do you think one can be an atheist magician, revelling in the Divine power of the Earth's essence?

Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Camp Quest is a summer camp for young children to reinforce their lack of belief.

What ever happened to just growing up in a family that wasn't religious?

Atheist Summer Camp Is Heaven on Earth for Nonbelievers - ABC News
Atheists are born into religious families as well as non-religious families. It is not a matter of indoctrination one way or the other. Either someone believes, or they do not. One of my earliest memories is of my grandmother, who was devoutly religious, asking me if I believed in God. I was between 5 and 6 years old and I responded immediately telling her "No."

I am not an anti-theist, I have no animosity toward anyone who does have a religious belief. There are a great many things that I do believe, but religious belief is not among them.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:44 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
You could probably cut the condescending attitude towards that user as you "recommend" the library. None of that is needed.
I'm sorry you found my suggestion condescending, it wasn't my intention. I may have been irked by his earlier post. I did figure it was the logical choice if he chose to educate himself on the issue. What troubles me is that so many people don't bother to do just that.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:44 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,513 times
It is not an argument, it is a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Positive assertion means that the burden of proof is on the person who makes the positive assertion.
You're saying something exists, so prove it.

I don't need to prove anything.
Just like I don't need to prove that I don't have blue eyes.

What a ridiculous attempt at argument.
Nobody can prove God exists.

Nobody can prove God does not exist.

[/quote]

Old 08-23-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type O Negative View Post
Nope, not at all...we just don't have the science to expain it yet.

But we will. Just like it was proven the earth wasn't flat and that we were not the center of the universe...but I guess those 2 facts are horrible atheist lies.

so do you have any current scientific theories on pagan spirituality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies