Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 12:14 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Then she can't be a devout Christian. The Bible says that we are to "do everything we do for the glory of God", there's no exception for the voting booth, workplace, etc. it says everything. How can you glorify God by voting for someone who's policies are in direct contradiction to Gods word?
Wait, are you actually saying that you can't be a good Christian and vote for a Democrat? I guess a lot of black folks aren't good christians then. Well praise the Lord That we have good white evangelical republicans to show black people how to properly follow Jesus.

Oh, and I'll be sure to flash my republican party ID card when I see St. Peter since that's apparently required to get in these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 12:21 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Here you go Janelle.

Welcome back to reality.

Blacks as a whole maybe backwards when it comes gay rights, but they aren't stupid enough to vote for a party that despises them.

New Poll Shows Romney Gets Zero Support From Black Voters | News | BET
Sorry, there already is a post on this bogus poll.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:31 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy
Barack Obama and Romney BOTH believe that DIVORCE should be and remain legal too for anyone who want to get one. Who you gonna vote for, Sophiasmommy? Divorce (unlike gay marriage) is SPECIFICALLY spoken out against by the Bible.

::crickets::

Old 08-24-2012, 01:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Black ministers were very disappointed when Obama came out for gay marriage. We all know that. Blacks are very Christian. Who do you think Rev. Martin Luther King was? It was the Christian churches where the blacks found their strength during the civil rights movement.
Blacks pay Christianity the same lip service that whites do. We're no more Christian than any other race.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:41 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think the point is -- black Americans should not be bound by chains to a political party that is working for everything opposite to what they believe.

Why do other Americans have a choice when they vote but blacks cannot make a free choice?
LOL, black Americans are not "bound by chains" to any political party. If you as a conservative would stop the slavery references maybe they would be willing to listen to other ideas you may have. I'm not a Democrat. I'm also not a Republican. All Americans have a choice of who they vote for. You think Dems are standing at polls holding us blacks at gun point telling us we better vote for them lol!

Just because you don't like who most are voting for doesn't mean they are bound by chains or they are forced to do anything. This whole post is proof of that since a black bishop is bashing democrats. Are they now going to plot to assassinate him in order to keep the blacks in line? LOL! Like I said, I swear many of you have never met or spoken to a black person in your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Then she can't be a devout Christian. The Bible says that we are to "do everything we do for the glory of God", there's no exception for the voting booth, workplace, etc. it says everything. How can you glorify God by voting for someone who's policies are in direct contradiction to Gods word?
For one thing, my mom wouldn't vote for a Mormon as she considers them a cult and blasphemers of scripture. Also she doesn't feel that any politician is believable, basically they are all liars, which is something I believe as well. What makes you think that just because someone SAYS they agree with what you believe that they will actually do what they say? I don't believe any of them, neither does she. I get that from her.

Also, anyone can find a sentence or passage in the Bible that tells them what they want to hear. I also am pretty well versed in the Bible and will share Romans 13:1-7.

From the NIV:

Quote:
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.
6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
But I am not going to get into a political/religious discussion. Especially since I, as a non-religious person do not put any weight into the authority of the Bible and just use the above reference as proof that you can find anything in the Bible that will prove your point (which is why I don't give it any authority as it is hypocritical). My mom does and so do many Americans and I respect that you do and would appreciate if you respect my own decision to be a non-believer but there are many Democrats in this country who are devout Christians and for you to judge them on their devotion to their faith is pretty anti-Christian since you aren't suppose to judge people.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:23 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Both Romney and Obama believe in freedom to worship any god you please. This is in DIRECT contravention of the Christian Bible, which commands only one Lord - Jesus - and rejection of him sends you straight to hell.
So you really believe God wants to force humans to workship Jesus Christ? Wow. That's some God for you.

Quote:
Plus, one is a Muslim and one is a Mormon - both are anti-Bible based Christianity.
Obama is not a Muslim, and Mormons are not anti-Bible. And you need to get your information from more accurate sources than you're using right now.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Looks like a extremist website, no thanks. Stopped reading.
And it bothers you when I say I won't read from kos, MM, and Stink Progress. Now we know why you have ll that trouble understanding so many things that don't come from the left lean.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Looks like a extremist website, no thanks. Stopped reading.
And it bothers you when I say I won't read from kos, MM, and Stink Progress. Now we know why you have ll that trouble understanding so many things that don't come from the left lean.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:29 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Blacks pay Christianity the same lip service that whites do. We're no more Christian than any other race.
Most black people are Easter Sunday...Mother's day...X-mas Christians just like most non-black Christians are. Some even practice other religions besides Christianity and some are agnostic or atheists. People like the op just want to believe they know so much about black people or history but the more they post the more they show how much they don't know. Like she's some kind of negro anthropologist.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:51 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Default Black History - A must see

[SIZE=3]I have never understood how the Democrats could ever get the black vote,except they don't really see the history.[/SIZE]
Quite frankly, this may be the best video on Youtube. You can't successfully argue against historic facts. Unbelievably well done. Make sure you watch to the end.

The creator of this Documentary will surprise you too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UObEdF_uhaw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies