Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2012, 12:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Really?

I don't see the GOP or your ilk actively supporting programs for the poor and homeless. In fact they are all about defunding such programs.

If you want to know what "cheapens" view on life, all one has to look at is how others treat the poor and homeless.
I'm not really interested in your opinion or your words intended to do nothing but inflame.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:58 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I consider myself pro-life and what did I say?

then how many babies have you adopted? Are you fostering 10 kids at least?

Old 08-25-2012, 12:59 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not really interested in your opinion or your words intended to do nothing but inflame.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Put your words to work. How many babies have you adopted recently? ARe you fostering at least 10 kids?

Are you going to adopt or foster at least 20 to make up for all the unwanted babies, you'd be forcing women to have?

Old 08-25-2012, 01:01 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Really?

I don't see the GOP or your ilk actively supporting programs for the poor and homeless. In fact they are all about defunding such programs.

If you want to know what "cheapens" view on life, all one has to look at is how others treat the poor and homeless.
You are assuming that government programs are the best way to help the poor and homeless. Your mischaracterization of that position ignores the fact that the issue is over the role of government - not whether the poor or homeless should be supported.

Democrats want to throw taxpayer money at the problem - whereas conservatives want to actively support faith -based and other charitable organizations that actually work.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:04 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I wasn't - I was pointing out how silly your argument was that a human life was equivalent to an insect. I am sorry that you misunderstood me. I thought that the use of the word "infant" made it clear that i was talking about a baby that had been born.
Yeah it was clear - but I misread it - as stated in my previous posts. Furthermore, you seem to be at it again - my comment on insects and human life was in regard to a poster that used aspects of human life that were similar to insects to justify the pro-life position. I was just showing how inconsistant they were in using such terminology. You then made the non-sequitur and assumption that I think Humans and insects are equivalent.

You seem to be engaged in useing strawmen, non-sequitur, and false dichotomies to make you oppositon look bad and you the victor.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Put your words to work. How many babies have you adopted recently? ARe you fostering at least 10 kids?

Are you going to adopt or foster at least 20 to make up for all the unwanted babies, you'd be forcing women to have?
I never said that I would force anything on anyone.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:13 PM

221 posts, read 282,929 times
Quote:
*Note* This thread is for pro-lifers who make exceptions for rape and incest, NOT pro-abortion people.
Maybe they don't call themselves anything, and they can make exceptions because they are capable of a higher level of thought and consideration for women who might be in that situation.

BTW, as multiple people have said, you don't get to dictate who gets to post in an open thread in a public forum.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:17 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Noticed how this question get ignored.

How does a woman getting abortion DIRECTLY affect you?
Check again. I answered you in post # 306:

How does a woman being battered DIRECTLY affect me?
How does racism DIRECTLY affect me?
How does child abuse DIRECTLY affect me?
How does famine and the crisis in Darfur DIRECTLY affect me?

Shall I continue? Anything else that I want to type would be mean spirited and I would feel bad about it afterwards, so I will refrain.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:17 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
then how many babies have you adopted? Are you fostering 10 kids at least?
As a proud member of the Loyal Order of Moose for the past 14 years - I am currently fostering close to 300 children - along with the other 1,000,000 or so Moose in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, and Bermuda - together we do actual work that helps children and strengthens our communities.

Moose International

Mooseheart, Illinois - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now that you know what I do - I expect you to do at least as much or stop using that silly tactic and think that it means anything.

Here is a link to the Moose International website. Moose International. You will find a search tool to find a Moose Center near you. Dues are inexpensive and you will be part of a family organization that cares for the young in our through our Child City, Mooseheart, our senior through the City of Contentment, Moosehaven, actively serves our local communities through various projects, and whose mission is to have fun while serving others

Old 08-25-2012, 01:18 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
People here die everyday because they can't afford healthcare.

If "pro lifers" (LOL) were really pro-life, they would be the biggest advocates for health care.
That doesn't even make sense. Do you have a link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies