U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Are govt employees rude in your opinion?
Yes 68 45.95%
No 80 54.05%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 06:29 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,776,067 times
Default Are government employees rude to you?

We have a large pool of govt employees in America that deserve to have there jobs cut from the sole reason of being overly-rude. I understand the job gets tough but there's no reason to be rude to the citizens; and I truly believe the govt looks for people to be rude. Why? I don't know. So in your experience do you say the govt employees are rude as well?

SN: of course all of them aren't rude, but most are for some reason.

I didn't know what forum to put this in, so I just put it in here. A moderator can put it in the appropriate section if this isn't the right forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Status: "Ya gotta come back to remember why you left." (set 12 days ago)

31,311 posts, read 17,343,825 times
I find as a rule that if you are polite and courteous to "government employees" the respond in kind. Frankly, I can't remember the last time that I had a problem with dealing with a city, state or federal employee (police excepted).

Old 08-24-2012, 06:34 PM

25,251 posts, read 14,688,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I truly believe the govt looks for people to be rude.
You've got to be kidding.

From what I've seen, levels of rudeness vary from city to city, but in general, rudeness and politeness are generally consistent throughout any one given city.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:37 PM

15,065 posts, read 8,679,235 times
You are polite to them, they are polite to you, people usually find rudeness in other people because they are rude to begin with and always have a chip on their shoulder.

Sounds like the OP fits into that category....

Old 08-24-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You've got to be kidding.

From what I've seen, levels of rudeness vary from city to city, but in general, rudeness and politeness are generally consistent throughout any one given city.
I'm not kidding, why are so many of them rude for no apparent reason then? I'm always politie to any govt employee (really anybody for that matter) yet they give me B.S. back for anything I say whichis uncalled for, especially in the DC area. But this isn't limited to DC, in my experience in NC they were rude there as well. There pay is pretty well, they deal with about the same amount of people as I do a day and yet they act like there jobs are the worst on the world. I just don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
You are polite to them, they are polite to you, people usually find rudeness in other people because they are rude to begin with and always have a chip on their shoulder.

Sounds like the OP fits into that category....
I'm not a rude person, I try to my best to respect others yet they show no respect back. I can ask a govt employee a simple question in a polite way and they'll give me a rude response. Maybe it's just a East Coast thing, but I know I'm not the only one who thinks govt employees are rude.

8,356 posts, read 3,393,552 times
I can't remember the last time I had to deal with a government employee. I suppose it was a year ago, when I had to renew my driver's license. I don't recall the person being particularly rude.

9,342 posts, read 15,993,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
We have a large pool of govt employees in America that deserve to have there jobs cut from the sole reason of being overly-rude. I understand the job gets tough but there's no reason to be rude to the citizens; and I truly believe the govt looks for people to be rude. Why? I don't know. So in your experience do you say the govt employees are rude as well?

SN: of course all of them aren't rude, but most are for some reason.

I didn't know what forum to put this in, so I just put it in here. A moderator can put it in the appropriate section if this isn't the right forum.
I don't know how you can say that most are rude. In my experience with government employees, most were helpful. Is there a particular government agency or department that you have contact with?

Old 08-24-2012, 06:42 PM

13,745 posts, read 5,054,155 times
we need to eliminate as many of them as we can to turn this economy around (along with the sea of regs they administer), rudeness is good enough reason for me

Old 08-24-2012, 06:46 PM

15,065 posts, read 8,679,235 times
I've had more private sector employees rude and discourteous to me than government employees by far..

It will be interesting to see what sector of the government the OP says is rude....

Old 08-24-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
we need to eliminate as many of them as we can to turn this economy around (along with the sea of regs they administer), rudeness is good enough reason for me
Sarcasm. I'm not saying that, I'm saying get the ones out who don't want to be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies