Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:35 AM

504 posts, read 456,746 times

Advertisements

Below are the items the GOP is running on.
How do you see these things benefiting you, your family and the country? Honest debate. I dont need the trolling I dont need this moderated back into the elections section---This is a policy related THREAD!!!

Deregulate Wall Street
Criminalize Abortion

Deregulate the banks
Wars with Iran in Israels name
Dump evolution in favor of Creationism
More money for the War on drugs
More money for Defense "Contracting"
God back in schools
Laws against Sharia Law
Tort reform
Destroy Class action Law suits
Abolish, ahem I mean privatize social security
Voucherize Medicare
Regulate the internet
Abolish the EPA
Abolish the FDA
Abolish Homeland security
Abolish the education department
No more Govt student Loans
No more pell Grants
Drill for more oil

Continue Oil subsidies
Dont enforce laws on clean ups post oil spills
Invest deeper in coal
Abolish Welfare
Abolish unemployment insurance
Lower Taxes?
Flat Taxes?
No Taxes?
Right to Work legislation nationwide.

This from what I understand is the agenda. How do you see these policies as cures for Americas problems right now? I may have left things out or I may have portrayed them in the wrong manner. I am all ears and looking to learn why Teddy and Franklin Roosevelt with the SQUARE and NEW deals were abject communist bent on the destruction of this country.

Looking to learn someting new... Thank you for your input in advance.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:41 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,237,393 times
What the political parties SAY they want is irrelevant. They BOTH want Big Government serving Big Business, and the working class taxpayer paying for the infinite imaginations of politicians.

In your list, the Dems support just as many stupid things as the Repubs--so much that they are often considered the same overall Party.

The question is, which group will hurt (rob) you more to pay for their pet projects? In my family's case, it's the Dems. We'll pay even MORE for the infinite needs of an ever-breeding underclass, along with the pointless overseas wars.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:49 AM

504 posts, read 456,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
What the political parties SAY they want is irrelevant. They BOTH want Big Government serving Big Business, and the working class taxpayer paying for the infinite imaginations of politicians.

In your list, the Dems support just as many stupid things as the Repubs--so much that they are often considered the same overall Party.

The question is, which group will hurt (rob) you more to pay for their pet projects? In my family's case, it's the Dems. We'll pay even MORE for the infinite needs of an ever-breeding underclass, along with the pointless overseas wars.

Pointless overseas Wars are the Hallmark of the Democrats?

I tend to think that the Repubs want that under-class to be real robust so that they can be paid as little as possible.

However I do believe you on the "They are one Party" part but for the sake of DEBATE I am coming down on the side of the dems as I see them as less of a threat.
Todays Dem policies mirror Reagan era Republican policies. I think we are in the middle of a shell game, But alas thats not the jist of this thread.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:52 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,283,892 times
When will people get their heads out of their backsides and realize that the parties are both the same. Policy is not dictated by the Republicans or Democrats; it is dictated by Goldman Sachs, Lockheed Martin, and JP Morgan Chase.
It does not matter whether Bush or Obama or Romney sits in the chair, they are all just puppets put there by big money to serve big money. The agenda stays the same regardless of who is elected.
The elite class that really runs things, perpetuates this giant hoax of a 2 party system in order to deceive the peasants into thinking they have some say in choosing their masters. You have no say. You are a working slave. Nothing you do will make any difference.
Get a grip on reality.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,752,338 times
From what I have seen, giving power to the GOP is like spreading pea nuts for rats. They'll multiply and come for more, with a few hundred more teeth to support their views. The tax cuts and corporate giveaways will just liberate more capital to buy more lobbyist, news networks, and Supreme Court justices. I very, very rarely see a sense of moderation and proportions from GOP zealots or from the corporate sectors. By definition, the latter can never be satisfied, it must constantly seek profit and to externalize the costs. Any advantage they receive must be used for growth. More propaganda, more political pawns, etc. Most people don't function like that. They understand limits. Corporations don't, nor do they ever accept limits on their power. The GOP has the ideology of the cancer cell-it can never be satisfied,even if it kills the host. It is completely unsustainable.

The liberals, at least, acknowledge that we need enterprise as part of the program, so they are not seeking to kill it, but they realize that it cannot run amok, nor is it the only source of valuable services and innovation, or culture. They seek to strike a balance somehow. Some of the far lefties have ideal views of entitlements that are too much, but those can be limited by rational discussion (as Clinton did with welfare reform). That is why it is a much more sustainable approach.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:02 PM

876 posts, read 708,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
How do you see these things benefiting you, your family and the country? Honest debate. I dont need the trolling I dont need this moderated back into the elections section---This is a policy related THREAD!!!

Deregulate Wall Street
Criminalize Abortion
Deregulate the banks
Wars with Iran in Israels name
Dump evolution in favor of Creationism
More money for the War on drugs
More money for Defense "Contracting"
God back in schools
Laws against Sharia Law
Tort reform
Destroy Class action Law suits
Abolish, ahem I mean privatize social security
Voucherize Medicare
Regulate the internet
Abolish the EPA
Abolish the FDA
Abolish Homeland security
Abolish the education department
No more Govt student Loans
No more pell Grants
Drill for more oil
Continue Oil subsidies
Dont enforce laws on clean ups post oil spills
Invest deeper in coal
Abolish Welfare
Abolish unemployment insurance
Lower Taxes?
Flat Taxes?
No Taxes?
Right to Work legislation nationwide.

This from what I understand is the agenda. How do you see these policies as cures for Americas problems right now? I may have left things out or I may have portrayed them in the wrong manner. I am all ears and looking to learn why Teddy and Franklin Roosevelt with the SQUARE and NEW deals were abject communist bent on the destruction of this country.

Looking to learn someting new... Thank you for your input in advance.
Your "understanding" is obviously what your President and his surrogates have vomitted up. Sad that you can't really educate yourself on what your enemies REAL platforms are.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:09 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,741,672 times
The Republican insistence on abolishing abortion and restricting contraception will reduce out female citizens to chattel without any effective individual rights what so ever.

This is sufficient reason to only VOTE FOR ALL DEMOCRATS on your ballots.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:13 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,925,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Your "understanding" is obviously what your President and his surrogates have vomitted up. Sad that you can't really educate yourself on what your enemies REAL platforms are.
Why not post them here and we can compare them and discuss.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:18 PM

23,804 posts, read 24,078,143 times
Quote:
And a whole lot of Democrat fear mongering.

Quote:
I dont need the trolling
Then you shouldn't have posted such a trollish thread, crammed with so much pure BS.

This is what it looks like when someone wants to start an "honest debate" on this site now? No wonder it's sliding down hill so damn fast.

Pathetic.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:29 PM

876 posts, read 708,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The Republican insistence on abolishing abortion and restricting contraception will reduce out female citizens to chattel without any effective individual rights what so eve

This is sufficient reason to only VOTE FOR ALL DEMOCRATS on your ballots.
What? Did you pull anything while making that stretch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why not post them here and we can compare them and discuss.
What difference does it make if I list them? Do your own research and look them up. Nothing I say is going to change you from loving obama. It's like asking an abused woman why she stays with her husband. The answer is...he provides for me and my kids and he says he will do better if I give him more time. Good luck with that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.