U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 PM
 
Location: LawnGuyLind, NY / Sarasota, FL
1,426 posts, read 1,176,404 times
Reputation: 977

Advertisements

First of all, learn how to read. It is NOT an official function, and Not sponsored by the Obama Campaign.

Secondly, there are also sessions related to the Jewish Community, Veteran's, NASCAR, LGBT, Disabled, Youth, Native Americans, Hispanics, ItalianAmericans, Yoga, Dance Fitness, Asian-Americans, etc.

In Other Words: INCLUSION!!!!!!
A word that is banned from the RWNJ dictionary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2012, 10:55 PM
 
8,030 posts, read 4,331,272 times
Reputation: 3471
Most Catholics I know have better manners than to invite themselves to a function and demand a place of prominence. Very rude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2012, 12:04 AM
 
14,164 posts, read 5,541,659 times
Reputation: 3438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
First of all, learn how to read. It is NOT an official function, and Not sponsored by the Obama Campaign.

Secondly, there are also sessions related to the Jewish Community, Veteran's, NASCAR, LGBT, Disabled, Youth, Native Americans, Hispanics, ItalianAmericans, Yoga, Dance Fitness, Asian-Americans, etc.

In Other Words: INCLUSION!!!!!!
A word that is banned from the RWNJ dictionary.
Obama does not like Dolan, not since he objected to the HHS Mandate. Many Catholic entities have sued the Obama administration over it. Wait until Obama tells the Muslim businesses they are mandated to supply BC and abortions----oh wait, they already have an exemption or will have one very soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2012, 08:13 AM
 
16,171 posts, read 5,486,053 times
Reputation: 3951
Default DNC Proceeds With 2-Hour Islamic ‘Jumah’ Prayers After Rejecting Cardinal’s Blessing

Quote:
The Democratic National Committee is raising a number of eyebrows after choosing to proceed with hosting Islamic “Jumah” prayers for two hours on the Friday of its convention, though it denied a Catholic cardinal’s request to say a prayer at the same event.
Democratic National Convention to Host Islamic Jumah Prayers with Jibril Hough, Siraj Wahhaj | Video | TheBlaze.com

Nope, Obama's not a Muslim.... NOT! Who wants to try and defend this? Having radicals have a 2 hour prayer at their convention while they deny a Cardinal's prayer? Come on Lefties! Separation of church and state? Why a 2 hour Islamic prayer at a Political convention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2012, 08:17 AM
 
13,857 posts, read 5,455,778 times
Reputation: 6272
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Democratic National Convention to Host Islamic Jumah Prayers with Jibril Hough, Siraj Wahhaj | Video | TheBlaze.com

Nope, Obama's not a Muslim.... NOT! Who wants to try and defend this? Having radicals have a 2 hour prayer at their convention while they deny a Cardinal's prayer? Come on Lefties! Separation of church and state? Why a 2 hour Islamic prayer at a Political convention?


It is consistent, as least. Liberals oppose Christianity, as it has been identified as one of the three impediments to the spread of socialism/communism to west- the other two being the family and the middle class. Therefore liberal policy will be directed to remove these impediments- the church, the family, and the middle class.

As a foil to Christianity, liberalism has embraced thier awkward ally, Islam, in spite of the tenets of Islam which oppose basic human rights and personal freedoms. Liberals always contend that they are not bedfellows with Islam, yet always appear in bed with Islam. Actions speak louder than words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2012, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
33,592 posts, read 28,777,659 times
Reputation: 15516
If this is true, which I doubt, it is a good question. I object to any religious blessing of a secular event unless all the religions get a chance.

I suggest a simple blessing for both conventions. "Lord Mammon bless the wealth of all of us and let the looting resume."


FWIW - This Liberal Democrat is even more opposed to mixing Islam into government or society than I am to the rest of the delusions. A free society can live with the Jews and Christians but never with Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2012, 08:19 AM
 
16,171 posts, read 5,486,053 times
Reputation: 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It is consistent, as least. Liberals oppose Christianity, as it has been identified as one of the three impediments to the spread of socialism/communism to west- the other two being the family and the middle class. Therefore liberal policy will be directed to remove these impediments- the church, the family, and the middle class.

As a foil to Christianity, liberalism has embraced thier awkward ally, Islam, in spite of the tenets of Islam which oppose basic human rights and personal freedoms. Liberals always contend that they are not bedfellows with Islam, yet always appear in bed with Islam. Actions speak louder than words.
I believe you are correct, sadly enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Status: "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may" (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: Portland, OR
7,493 posts, read 3,263,558 times
Reputation: 3394
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It is consistent, as least. Liberals oppose Christianity, as it has been identified as one of the three impediments to the spread of socialism/communism to west- the other two being the family and the middle class. Therefore liberal policy will be directed to remove these impediments- the church, the family, and the middle class.

As a foil to Christianity, liberalism has embraced thier awkward ally, Islam, in spite of the tenets of Islam which oppose basic human rights and personal freedoms. Liberals always contend that they are not bedfellows with Islam, yet always appear in bed with Islam. Actions speak louder than words.
How is that awkward? Liberals oppose basic human rights and personal freedoms too. Sounds like a match to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Status: "The First Amendmen protects ALL speech, except sedition." (set 27 days ago)
 
Location: NE Ohio
14,973 posts, read 5,781,372 times
Reputation: 3991
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Democratic National Convention to Host Islamic Jumah Prayers with Jibril Hough, Siraj Wahhaj | Video | TheBlaze.com

Nope, Obama's not a Muslim.... NOT! Who wants to try and defend this? Having radicals have a 2 hour prayer at their convention while they deny a Cardinal's prayer? Come on Lefties! Separation of church and state? Why a 2 hour Islamic prayer at a Political convention?
I hope you have better luck with this thread than I did. I started a similar thread about this three days ago. Of course the leftists like to ignore the truth that the Democrats are in bed with radical Islamists.

Case in point, Huma Abedin's family ties to the terrorist Muslim Brotherhood, and also the "sisterhood." Even some Republicans got their panties in a wad when five U.S. Congressmen called for investigations of Muslims in high positions in government offices (John McCain, and John Boehner, to name two).

No one wants to face this. We are too damned politically correct for our own good. I suspect Abedin may be responsible for the security leaks of late. She has access to anything she wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2012, 08:34 AM
 
29,990 posts, read 20,624,673 times
Reputation: 12365
I can think of no more fitting reflection of the Obama administration and its affiliations with The Muslim Brotherhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top