Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 04:25 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times

Advertisements

The NSA Is Building the Country's Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say) | Threat Level | Wired.com
“We Are This Far From A Turnkey Totalitarian State" - Big Brother Goes Live September 2013 | ZeroHedge

The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center

On the surface, you may think there is not much to worry about,
but I plead with you to read this article because it will effect all of us in the
not to distant future.

The largest data center ever concieved is being built in Utah at a cost of 2 billion dollars.

It will have the ability to gather and sift through everything everyone say's online, via cell phone, emails etc. There is no selection process on who gets recorded because they have enough storage space to record anyone and everyone. No warrants or permissions are needed thanks to the Warrant-less Wire Tapping Program and the illegal bypassing of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. Once it was caught on that they were being bypassed, Congress passed FISA Amendments Act of 2008, to make it legal.

Quote:
For the first time, a former NSA official has gone on the record to describe the program, codenamed Stellar Wind, in detail. William Binney was a senior NSA crypto-mathematician largely responsible for automating the agency’s worldwide eavesdropping network. A tall man with strands of black hair across the front of his scalp and dark, determined eyes behind thick-rimmed glasses, the 68-year-old spent nearly four decades breaking codes and finding new ways to channel billions of private phone calls and email messages from around the world into the NSA’s bulging databases. As chief and one of the two cofounders of the agency’s Signals Intelligence Automation Research Center, Binney and his team designed much of the infrastructure that’s still likely used to intercept international and foreign communications.

He explains that the agency could have installed its tapping gear at the nation’s cable landing stations—the more than two dozen sites on the periphery of the US where fiber-optic cables come ashore. If it had taken that route, the NSA would have been able to limit its eavesdropping to just international communications, which at the time was all that was allowed under US law. Instead it chose to put the wiretapping rooms at key junction points throughout the country—large, windowless buildings known as switches—thus gaining access to not just international communications but also to most of the domestic traffic flowing through the US.

The network of intercept stations goes far beyond the single room in an AT&T building in San Francisco exposed by a whistle-blower in 2006. “I think there’s 10 to 20 of them,” Binney says. “That’s not just San Francisco; they have them in the middle of the country and also on the East Coast.”

The eavesdropping on Americans doesn’t stop at the telecom switches. To capture satellite communications in and out of the US, the agency also monitors AT&T’s powerful earth stations, satellite receivers in locations that include Roaring Creek and Salt Creek. Tucked away on a back road in rural Catawissa, Pennsylvania, Roaring Creek’s three 105-foot dishes handle much of the country’s communications to and from Europe and the Middle East. And on an isolated stretch of land in remote Arbuckle, California, three similar dishes at the company’s Salt Creek station service the Pacific Rim and Asia.

The former NSA official held his thumb and forefinger close together: “We are that far from a turnkey totalitarian state.”

Binney left the NSA in late 2001, shortly after the agency launched its warrantless-wiretapping program. “They violated the Constitution setting it up,” he says bluntly. “But they didn’t care. They were going to do it anyway, and they were going to crucify anyone who stood in the way. When they started violating the Constitution, I couldn’t stay.” Binney says Stellar Wind was far larger than has been publicly disclosed and included not just eavesdropping on domestic phone calls but the inspection of domestic email. At the outset the program recorded 320 million calls a day, he says, which represented about 73 to 80 percent of the total volume of the agency’s worldwide intercepts.

This is not the USA I grew up in where Freedom was the phrase we constantly used to describe this country. Freedom of thought and expression is all but gone when you are not allowed to say something without big brother watching you.

If another country had as many labor camp prisoners as we do, where they are used for profit, and where the banker and corporate politicians create new laws to maximize their profits, extending sentences, creating the Patriotic Act, NDAA, and now this Chinese style big brother crap, I would say that is a country I would be behind to go attack and free the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 04:31 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Velcomen' to de Bridle States Of Amerika~

Old 03-19-2012, 04:38 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Velcomen' to de Bridle States Of Amerika~
How sad indeed.

I don't understand why many do not see what is taking place in this country?

It is like, they have this Amerocentrist mindset that does not allow them to place themselves outside of their country to see how the rest of the world see's it. The only thing I can think of to explain it away, is their identity and ego is so wrapped up in what they think America means, rather than what is actually is and has turned into, that they are not willing to drop the veil to see it for what it really now is.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:41 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
The NSA Is Building the Country's Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say) | Threat Level | Wired.com
“We Are This Far From A Turnkey Totalitarian State" - Big Brother Goes Live September 2013 | ZeroHedge

The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center

On the surface, you may think there is not much to worry about,
but I plead with you to read this article because it will effect all of us in the
not to distant future.

The largest data center ever concieved is being built in Utah at a cost of 2 billion dollars.

It will have the ability to gather and sift through everything everyone say's online, via cell phone, emails etc. There is no selection process on who gets recorded because they have enough storage space to record anyone and everyone. No warrants or permissions are needed thanks to the Warrant-less Wire Tapping Program and the illegal bypassing of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. Once it was caught on that they were being bypassed, Congress passed FISA Amendments Act of 2008, to make it legal.

This is not the USA I grew up in where Freedom was the phrase we constantly used to describe this country. Freedom of thought and expression is all but gone when you are not allowed to say something without big brother watching you.

If another country had as many labor camp prisoners as we do, where they are used for profit, and where the banker and corporate politicians create new laws to maximize their profits, extending sentences, creating the Patriotic Act, NDAA, and now this Chinese style big brother crap, I would say that is a country I would be behind to go attack and free the people.

Big Brother is watching you, listening to you, recording your key strokes, mining your data and befriending you on Face Book.

I wonder how long it will be until the new data collection center becomes self-aware.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:38 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Big Brother is watching you, listening to you, recording your key strokes, mining your data and befriending you on Face Book.

I wonder how long it will be until the new data collection center becomes self-aware.
It already is.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:57 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Default The Program (Stellar Wind)

Op-Doc: The Program (Stellar Wind) - YouTube

Quote:
By LAURA POITRAS
Published: August 22, 2012

It took me a few days to work up the nerve to phone William Binney. As someone already a “target” of the United States government, I found it difficult not to worry about the chain of unintended consequences I might unleash by calling Mr. Binney, a 32-year veteran of the National Security Agency turned whistle-blower. He picked up. I nervously explained I was a documentary filmmaker and wanted to speak to him. To my surprise he replied: “I’m tired of my government harassing me and violating the Constitution. Yes, I’ll talk to you.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/op...nt&tntemail0=y

"Still, if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." -Winston Churchill

Old 08-27-2012, 06:02 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times

Old 08-27-2012, 06:12 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
All that we do is being recorded. They can search pc's , wiretap phones , and can track what we eat , buy , our destinations , plus cameras everywhere.

NYC just announced a new monitoring system with cameras . It will progress till we have no privacy.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:00 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
All that we do is being recorded. They can search pc's , wiretap phones , and can track what we eat , buy , our destinations , plus cameras everywhere.
Listen to Laura Poitras’ (director of the video clip I posted previously) experiences in her own words.

Detained in the US: Filmmaker Laura Poitras Held, Questioned Some 40 Times at US Airports - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies