Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 06:13 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Pressure in South Africa led to the elimination of Apartheid there and that may happen in Zionist-occupied Palestine as well. It is just a matter of time. I don't think Ms. Corrie's death was in vain, nor have the murders of other human rights activists been in vain. They are an inspiration. I think the international boycott can go a long way in bringing Zionofascism to its knees.
This is 2012. What occupation is there in Gaza? There are no Jews in Gaza. There is no Israeli military presence in Gaza. Hamas is the current leading government on Gaza. Gaza has its own armed Police force. They are open to create legal commerce with Egypt. The border area is guarded by Egyptians and not Israelis. So they have plenty of opportunity for growth dealing with Egypt. And what does the elected government decide to do? Steal from Egyptians and smuggle it in through tunnels. Shoot rockets at Israeli farmers just for the hell of it. And now thanks to their fellow smugglers on the Egyptian side of the border the Muslim Brotherhood has already seen the light after just a few months in power to bulldoze homes and tunnels on the Egyptian side.

And who has been bulldozing homes in Gaza over the past few years? HAMAS.
http://dailycaller.com/2010/05/28/hamas-bulldozing-gaza-homes/
http://www.examiner.com/article/shameless-hypocrisy-watch-hamas-bulldozes-palestinian-homes-without-permits

And read the following article and take notice of the town it happening in: Rafah, the exact same area Rachel was in.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/hamas-to-raze-180-gaza-houses-to-erect-islamic-religious-center-1.291347

And where were the American ISM activists to protect these people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 06:43 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
This is 2012. What occupation is there in Gaza? There are no Jews in Gaza. There is no Israeli military presence in Gaza. Hamas is the current leading government on Gaza. Gaza has its own armed Police force. They are open to create legal commerce with Egypt. The border area is guarded by Egyptians and not Israelis. So they have plenty of opportunity for growth dealing with Egypt. And what does the elected government decide to do? Steal from Egyptians and smuggle it in through tunnels. Shoot rockets at Israeli farmers just for the hell of it. And now thanks to their fellow smugglers on the Egyptian side of the border the Muslim Brotherhood has already seen the light after just a few months in power to bulldoze homes and tunnels on the Egyptian side.

http://www.examiner.com/article/shameless-hypocrisy-watch-hamas-bulldozes-palestinian-homes-without-permits

And read the following article and take notice of the town it happening in: Rafah, the exact same area Rachel was in.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/hamas-to-raze-180-gaza-houses-to-erect-islamic-religious-center-1.291347

But, but, but, this factual stuff doesn't suit our purpose of depicting nasty jooose as "evil"!

Old 08-30-2012, 08:47 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Israel could nuclear bomb every city in America and we'd still be sending them the world's highest foreign aid. Jews combined with Evangelical Christians seem to think this desert hole is a place that must be preserved no matter how ridiculously impractical.

Yet another example of why the human species won't evolve anymore until religious superstition has gone the way of the Olympian Gods.
Israel is important to the USA:
How Important is Israel to the U.S.? Check the Map - Defense/Security - News - Israel National News

Old 08-30-2012, 11:54 AM

4,729 posts, read 4,364,243 times
Quote:

Why no comments from our esteemed anti-simetic freinds here at C-D? Truth can be inconvenient to ideologies of hate at times, I suppose.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Why no comments from our esteemed anti-simetic freinds here at C-D? Truth can be inconvenient to ideologies of hate at times, I suppose.
School started this week in some states, so we'll have to wait for them to get out.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:29 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Its a Presidential election year, did you really expect him to say anything more definitive and still keep his cushy job? Be realistic.

As to your personal attack, well I don't see you typing anything in relation to the Americans who have been killed by Arabs and their parents getting back slivers of body parts. Where are you holding Arabs accountable for their murderous acts? I've even advised you to read Rachels journals and you pass it off as not important. She was not in Gaza as an American, she was there as a ISM activist. Then I bring up the Italian, another ISM activist, who was brutally beaten up and murdered by Palestinians and you write that off as not important. So as anyone can see, that you are a Arab or Muslim firster as seen by your dead silence on the Americans killed by Arab hands.

Rachel gave up her life to protect property and not people. As I said read her journals and open your mind just a little. And before you state where is my open mindedness to Arabs, I'll state again as in older posts: I was in Lebanon as an American Marine protecting Arabs from Arabs. My godsons who are currently American Marines were in Afganistan and Iraq protecting Arabs from Arabs. And we've all seen the atrocities done by Arabs to Arabs/Americans/Allied forces/UN/NATO. The Israelis don't even come close. Go through any of Israels court cases and find just one case where they have handed down a death sentence to an Arab who has been convicted of murder.
I was in the Marines. Hard to believe that you were in the Marines. I don't remember meeting any Jewish Marines. They may have existed. I just never met one of them. I lost three of my friends in the bombing of the Beirut Embassy. I have no love for Arab extremist either. Your problem is that you believe that one side is better than the other. I don't take sides in the tribal battle. I would rather no Marines be used to fight anywhere when the U.S. is not threatened or be the proxy military of Israel. The only side that I am on is the side of the U.S. and the U.S. troops that are sent to the middle east to die pointlessly.

Just so you can understand this...I will make it simple. Just because you criticize Israel does not mean that you support any other middle eastern countries. I don't support any of them. The murder of the American by Israel is just another reason that I put Israel in my I don't give a dam about column.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I was in the Marines. Hard to believe that you were in the Marines. I don't remember meeting any Jewish Marines. They may have existed. I just never met one of them. I lost three of my friends in the bombing of the Beirut Embassy. I have no love for Arab extremist either. Your problem is that you believe that one side is better than the other. I don't take sides in the tribal battle. I would rather no Marines be used to fight anywhere when the U.S. is not threatened or be the proxy military of Israel. The only side that I am on is the side of the U.S. and the U.S. troops that are sent to the middle east to die pointlessly.

Just so you can understand this...I will make it simple. Just because you criticize Israel does not mean that you support any other middle eastern countries. I don't support any of them. The murder of the American by Israel is just another reason that I put Israel in my I don't give a dam about column.
Well first Sempre Fi and I miss the gators at Camp Lejeune.

As a Marine we go where we are sent without question. As a Marine talking religion was the least of our problems at boot camp. We had to get North vs South out of our system and work as a team. The reason the US is in most major conflicts is because the leadership only has to deal with one country to authorize it - The US. Europe spends so much time arguing that nothing ever gets done. Look at the EU itself, they joined together to be one group but yet they do nothing except request the US take a lead in everything. There has been numerous articles talking to Europeans about the Arab Spring and most have said; "We're not worried, The Amercans will take care of it". And through history you know this to be true. And in the end the Americans are hated and the Europeans have all the spoils/gains. We finally have a President who as a boomer, states its time for Europe to take a leadership role and the US will back them up. Its like Libya, the US took it as chance to pay them back for Lockerbie past that the US gainedf nothing. The US already knows that one side is no better than the other and has not interceded in anything else is the ME without the UN making a resolution to do so and actually supplying troops. The same goes with NATO, we already learned how quickly our companions jumped ship in relation to Iraq & Afganistan.

As the Rachel Corrie case, order the book and read her journals and you'll see that even she questioned the ISM version vs the true reality. We have to remember that times were different then and they were in post Intifada war zone. She was naive. She was part of a generation that didn't really know any true war. Even the kids of today in their 20's are naive to the realities of the world.

As to the bulldozer driver; What would be your reaction if I told you his first name is Dave and he was born in the US, And that he moved to Israel after completing HS? And what would you say to that it haunts him the same way as any driver that hits a pedestrian while driving a motor vehicle? Realistically, how many American drivers are held accountable for pedestrians that Jaywalked in front of them? Is it really that easy to stop a car at a drop of as dime?

This was not a simple black and white issue. Just pull up Rafah and look at the Egytian side, you can see most of the homes were removed anywhere near the border and nearly none have been allowed to be built. Then look at the Rafah on the Gaza side, Israel had to do the same thing. Why? Most of the crime in Egypts Rafah was done by Palestinians. Now come to today within the past two years. HAMAS has bulldozed more homes then the Israelis ever did. Why? According to them they are all on government land and thus are the property of HAMAS and they give no more than a few hours notice before bulldozing an area. So with this; Why is it ok for HAMAS to bulldoze homes and shoot the residents if they don't move and no activists say anything? Yet if Israel bulldozes a few few homes and no Arabs die in relation to it everyone comes out against Israel? If you want to call it a tribal issue then treat it as such. Then there should be no reaction of Jew vs Arab as there is no reaction to Arab vs Arab. Then Israel should not be held to a higher standard than the Arabs.

For those of us who read international news, we read daily about Arabs killing Arabs for numerous reasons in numerous Arab countries and no one even bats an eye. Look at threads on C-D, nearly none of them make it past the the dozen comment mark. But if Israel kills just one, the sheeet hits the fan. Thats a double standard. Even if we look at capital punishment, there are near daily reports of Arab executions and yet there has never been even one Palestinian/Israeli executed for their crimes in Israel. And again another double standard.

Israel doesn't need the $3 Billion it gets from the US yearly. The US needs to redirect funds through Israel to supply money and jobs to its military sector. For this Israel only gets to spend $750 Million yearly on items it chooses. And the money isn't really aid, its part of the 1979 Egypt-Israel Treaty the US brokered. And in the 64 years Israel has existed, how many soldiers did we place onto their soil? None. How many have we placed onto Arab soils? 100,000s+.

Semper Fi

Old 08-31-2012, 07:48 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Well first Sempre Fi and I miss the gators at Camp Lejeune.

As a Marine we go where we are sent without question. As a Marine talking religion was the least of our problems at boot camp. We had to get North vs South out of our system and work as a team. The reason the US is in most major conflicts is because the leadership only has to deal with one country to authorize it - The US. Europe spends so much time arguing that nothing ever gets done. Look at the EU itself, they joined together to be one group but yet they do nothing except request the US take a lead in everything. There has been numerous articles talking to Europeans about the Arab Spring and most have said; "We're not worried, The Amercans will take care of it". And through history you know this to be true. And in the end the Americans are hated and the Europeans have all the spoils/gains. We finally have a President who as a boomer, states its time for Europe to take a leadership role and the US will back them up. Its like Libya, the US took it as chance to pay them back for Lockerbie past that the US gainedf nothing. The US already knows that one side is no better than the other and has not interceded in anything else is the ME without the UN making a resolution to do so and actually supplying troops. The same goes with NATO, we already learned how quickly our companions jumped ship in relation to Iraq & Afganistan.

As the Rachel Corrie case, order the book and read her journals and you'll see that even she questioned the ISM version vs the true reality. We have to remember that times were different then and they were in post Intifada war zone. She was naive. She was part of a generation that didn't really know any true war. Even the kids of today in their 20's are naive to the realities of the world.

As to the bulldozer driver; What would be your reaction if I told you his first name is Dave and he was born in the US, And that he moved to Israel after completing HS? And what would you say to that it haunts him the same way as any driver that hits a pedestrian while driving a motor vehicle? Realistically, how many American drivers are held accountable for pedestrians that Jaywalked in front of them? Is it really that easy to stop a car at a drop of as dime?

This was not a simple black and white issue. Just pull up Rafah and look at the Egytian side, you can see most of the homes were removed anywhere near the border and nearly none have been allowed to be built. Then look at the Rafah on the Gaza side, Israel had to do the same thing. Why? Most of the crime in Egypts Rafah was done by Palestinians. Now come to today within the past two years. HAMAS has bulldozed more homes then the Israelis ever did. Why? According to them they are all on government land and thus are the property of HAMAS and they give no more than a few hours notice before bulldozing an area. So with this; Why is it ok for HAMAS to bulldoze homes and shoot the residents if they don't move and no activists say anything? Yet if Israel bulldozes a few few homes and no Arabs die in relation to it everyone comes out against Israel? If you want to call it a tribal issue then treat it as such. Then there should be no reaction of Jew vs Arab as there is no reaction to Arab vs Arab. Then Israel should not be held to a higher standard than the Arabs.

For those of us who read international news, we read daily about Arabs killing Arabs for numerous reasons in numerous Arab countries and no one even bats an eye. Look at threads on C-D, nearly none of them make it past the the dozen comment mark. But if Israel kills just one, the sheeet hits the fan. Thats a double standard. Even if we look at capital punishment, there are near daily reports of Arab executions and yet there has never been even one Palestinian/Israeli executed for their crimes in Israel. And again another double standard.

Israel doesn't need the $3 Billion it gets from the US yearly. The US needs to redirect funds through Israel to supply money and jobs to its military sector. For this Israel only gets to spend $750 Million yearly on items it chooses. And the money isn't really aid, its part of the 1979 Egypt-Israel Treaty the US brokered. And in the 64 years Israel has existed, how many soldiers did we place onto their soil? None. How many have we placed onto Arab soils? 100,000s+.

Semper Fi
Well here's one I'm learning from. Sounds like you take the time to glean facts for yourself rather than parrot the crappola from talking heads.

I'm not Jewish, but if I were; it would give me more than a little sustenance knowing there were folks such as yourself out there taking the time to apply logic, reason and study to this long simmering issue.

Thank you for a very informative post!

Old 08-31-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
...long simmering issue.
If the Palestinian people ever want to really resolve this issue, they need to get rid of Hamas due to their intense rigidity and also get rid of Fatah which is a re-badged watered down version of the PLO. They've come so close numerous times to finally having a working deal in place and each time one of these two groups throws a wrench into it and everything falls apart.

Just look at Gaza. The Israelis pulled all their people out and all the military out. The world had Billions of dollars waiting to go in and build a Palestinian homeland in a sense, And what happened within a few hours? Hamas set up rocket launchers and sent a barrage of rockets over the fence. And all of the investors pulled their funds off the table within 48 hours. Israel is not going to repeat that fiasco again with the West Bank. They are going to finish their wall/fence one day and on that day they will close the crossing areas with the WB and Gaza and let them deal directly with Jordan and Egypt for everything. And if anyone wants to see whats awaiting them should research these areas between 1949 and 1967.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:03 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
. The murder of the American by Israel is just another reason that I put Israel in my I don't give a dam about column.
it wasnt murder...it was suicide

she CHOSE to stand in front of a earth moving machine
she CHOSE to not get out of the way
she CHOSE to get in the way of progress
she CHOSE to try to HIDE the TERRORIST activities of hamas, ....for what reason..who knows

if you stand infront of a moving object, and CHOSE not to move out of the way...you are 99.99% likely going to get SQUASHED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies