Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 07:13 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Disagree. Most biracial people look mixed. It's just that most people are so used to identifying biracial people as 'black' that they forget what real black people look like. If you were to put me next to a mixed person, you'd know the difference between someone who is mixed, and someone who is authentically 'black' (which is me)
LMAO! Have not heard that one before - feel sorry for all the un-authentic blacks out there You are something else for sure!

Old 08-31-2012, 07:20 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,927,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Is this some stereotype being displayed - subconsciouly of course? Or are you just giving some tid-bit info about him?
Dude, it's grandma! Outside of dance, music and sports there ain't a lot of stuff to brag about when it comes to the grandkids!

Give it a rest.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:34 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Dude, it's grandma! Outside of dance, music and sports there ain't a lot of stuff to brag about when it comes to the grandkids!

Give it a rest.
He! He! He! I just got started how can I rest now?

Old 08-31-2012, 07:37 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,447,302 times
Because almost all children that are half black just about have black skin? Not that hard.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:50 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,753,718 times
Quote:
Nope, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. I am darker than condoleeza rice and I am an unmixed black. Really tired of people acting like black women like me don't exist. the entire black race in america is not all high yella and mixed
Most black people do have white blood in them like the poster you responded to said. I bet my mother and grandmother are both blacker than you. They are extremely dark. My DH says my mom is the blackest black person he has ever met lol!

Her great grandmother was listed as a "mullato" on the 1920 census. I have done extensive genealogy on both sides of my family and I have a lot of extremely dark ancestors, my mom, my grandma (on my mom's side), my great grandma (on my father's side and practically her whole family were dark skinned), my great grandfather (my grandmother's father, practically everyone on his side of the family were extremely dark like my mom, blue/black dark). Yet I am a medium tone like Queen Latifah. My dad is "high yella" even though his grandmother was very very dark, as was that whole side of his mom's family and half of his father's family.

We have a good mixture of dark and light in my family. My blue black mother has white ancestry as did my dark skinned great grandfather on my father's side of the family.

Not to be rude, but you don't know what you are talking about. If you did some research on your family, I would bet that you have a couple white ancestors.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,107,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Most black people do have white blood in them like the poster you responded to said. I bet my mother and grandmother are both blacker than you. They are extremely dark. My DH says my mom is the blackest black person he has ever met lol!

Her great grandmother was listed as a "mullato" on the 1920 census. I have done extensive genealogy on both sides of my family and I have a lot of extremely dark ancestors, my mom, my grandma (on my mom's side), my great grandma (on my father's side and practically her whole family were dark skinned), my great grandfather (my grandmother's father, practically everyone on his side of the family were extremely dark like my mom, blue/black dark). Yet I am a medium tone like Queen Latifah. My dad is "high yella" even though his grandmother was very very dark, as was that whole side of his mom's family and half of his father's family.

We have a good mixture of dark and light in my family. My blue black mother has white ancestry as did my dark skinned great grandfather on my father's side of the family.

Not to be rude, but you don't know what you are talking about. If you did some research on your family, I would bet that you have a couple white ancestors.
I am not sure if I believe you. A lot of black americans online always claim to be medium toned or lightskinned with white ancestors. Nobody ever admits to being darkskinned, with predominantly black ancestry. I feel like I am the only darkskinned unmixed Black woman online.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:04 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
I am not sure if I believe you. A lot of black americans online always claim to be medium toned or lightskinned with white ancestors. Nobody ever admits to being darkskinned, with predominantly black ancestry. I feel like I am the only darkskinned unmixed Black woman online.
A little genetics would help clear-up your confusion. The darker the skin does NOT necessitate less white ancestry. There are AAs that are very dark who have one parent who is white or AAs who look, as you say, authentic but have a good admixture. You are just wrong on this issue.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:31 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,107,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
A little genetics would help clear-up your confusion. The darker the skin does NOT necessitate less white ancestry. There are AAs that are very dark who have one parent who is white or AAs who look, as you say, authentic but have a good admixture. You are just wrong on this issue.
I've never seen a biracial/mixed person who looks like me. Which is very darkskin, round nose, full lips, kinky hair. No one has ever asked me if I was mixed before in my life.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,833,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Mariah is thought of as white? lol
Mariah looks like a "white" woman to me; remember some of us white people are pretty damn dark, even with no sun tans.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:55 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
I've never seen a biracial/mixed person who looks like me. Which is very darkskin, round nose, full lips, kinky hair. No one has ever asked me if I was mixed before in my life.
That's a very small sample size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies