Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:09 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,259,096 times

Advertisements

LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest - Yahoo! News

When will we begin to act on the overwhelming evidence that we are using the wrong type of people for civilian law enforcement?
Cops are nothing but criminals with government amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 11:20 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,520,881 times
Dumb move by the nurse and unwarrented criminal assualt by the police. I here a major CHACHING in this nurses future.

What is Bull**** is that these officers are still receiving pay while this investigation is occuring.

Another incident in the long line of abuse by the LAPD.

MOST LEO's do not act in this fashion BTW.

That is one burnt out bitter dangerous to the public LEO that threw that nurse to the ground. It's obvious it was the veteren that slammed the nurse to the ground.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:28 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,813,850 times
Oh look, yet another police chief that let abuse of authority slip through his fingers. Yes, Bulldog, we know that the majority of LEOs are not like that, but still too many abuse the power of their badge and that's the fault of management (aka the police chief) for encouraging that sort of behavior. A good manager fires bad workers, the same principle should apply to the public sector, but it doesn't.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh look, yet another police chief that let abuse of authority slip through his fingers. Yes, Bulldog, we know that the majority of LEOs are not like that, but still too many abuse the power of their badge and that's the fault of management (aka the police chief) for encouraging that sort of behavior. A good manager fires bad workers, the same principle should apply to the public sector, but it doesn't.
I dont always fault the commanders unless there is a crimminal coverup. As I come from a long line of LEO's I know for a fact that abusive LEO's can fly under the radar for years unbeknownst to their superiors. Albiet today is much tougher to get away with said abuses given that at anytime your actions are being recorded. One positive of the Rodney King affair.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:54 AM

635 posts, read 537,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest - Yahoo! News

When will we begin to act on the overwhelming evidence that we are using the wrong type of people for civilian law enforcement?
Cops are nothing but criminals with government amnesty.
Go ahead, become a cop and show us all how it's done.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Dumb move by the nurse and unwarrented criminal assualt by the police. I here a major CHACHING in this nurses future.

What is Bull**** is that these officers are still receiving pay while this investigation is occuring.

Another incident in the long line of abuse by the LAPD.

MOST LEO's do not act in this fashion BTW.

That is one burnt out bitter dangerous to the public LEO that threw that nurse to the ground. It's obvious it was the veteren that slammed the nurse to the ground.

Exercising your rights is dumb? Only when you are around criminal thugs who may react violently to your insubordination. The old excuse that it is only a minority of cops doing the wrong thing is being disproved every day.
Fact is the personality type who is ex-military, ex contact sport, with a us vs. them, shoot them all and let God sort them out, mentality is not what civilian law enforcement needs.
We are a Republic where the Citizen is of higher status than government and require people who can think first and react with reasonable judgment, and not react first and then cover up the results of their misjudgments later.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Exercising your rights is dumb? Only when you are around criminal thugs who may react violently to your insubordination. The old excuse that it is only a minority of cops doing the wrong thing is being disproved every day.
Fact is the personality type who is ex-military, ex contact sport, with a us vs. them, shoot them all and let God sort them out, mentality is not what civilian law enforcement needs.
We are a Republic where the Citizen is of higher status than government and require people who can think first and react with reasonable judgment, and not react first and then cover up the results of their misjudgments later.
When you start posting the tens of thousands of great things LEO's do everyday across this country, then you'll have some credibility. Until then I believe someone is crossing your bridge.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,155,108 times
Too many are crossing that bridge between law enforcement and military state.
Thanks to the DHS they all have training for domestic terrorism because we are all suspect now.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
When you start posting the tens of thousands of great things LEO's do everyday across this country, then you'll have some credibility. Until then I believe someone is crossing your bridge.
I did not start this thread to worship the people who get paid to repress me. And I could not care less about your admittedly prejudiced opinion.
If you do not have what it takes to intelligently debate the issue, at least have the decency not to stoop to the level of innuendo and unsubstantiated accusations.

Personaly I think this tough guy needs 5 year in general population to go from beating women to being someones wife. I bet he would come out wearing a tu-tu

Last edited by jimhcom; 08-30-2012 at 01:31 PM..

Old 12-20-2012, 07:40 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,632,725 times
Default This is why we need a free press

(I know the link below is a little dated, but it's still accurate) Freedom of the press is extremely important. It's no accident that it's part of the First Amendment (Thank you James Madison). And there is a good correlation between a free press and a high standard of living.

So here is a story about how The Chicago Reporter actually did some grunt work to dig up information that is quite telling. Instead of just reacting to government reports, they dug into a huge volume of court records to bring us this story.

And now it's up to the public to demand that elected officials rectify this abuse.

"Police accountability advocates and attorneys representing the City of Chicago have been going back and forth for years over whether the names of police officer fingered by civilians for misconduct should be made public. For now, they remain under wraps. But in our latest investigation, "Abusing the Badge," we took a backdoor approach to find out who the officers are behind police misconduct lawsuits.
We fished through hundreds of federal civil rights lawsuits for which the city made damage payments during the past three years. It turns out that more than a quarter of the payouts--that's $11.7 million of $45.5 million--involve "repeaters," or officers who were named as a primary defendant in two or more settlements."

Who's 'abusing the badge'?' | Chicago Muckrakers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies