Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does it?
Yes 68 25.47%
No 199 74.53%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 01:16 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Funny, I'm one of those "qu**rs" that you are speaking of, and I own guns. I fully support your right to own guns, why don't you support my right to marry my life partner?
The church won't let me! LMAO

Old 09-03-2012, 01:19 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post

Your church has no say in a legal state issued marriage license.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Your church has no say in a legal state issued marriage license.
Well, you might be right. It's NOT legal here!

Old 09-03-2012, 01:35 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post

Over 7000 Churches in the US perform same-sex marriage. Stop going to a church that believes the ridiculous lies of a corrupted English Bible translation.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:53 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,437 times
This thread certainly brings out FOOLS.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:58 PM

200 posts, read 165,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Why is it, if someone disagrees with you then they are a homophobe?

Homophobe | Define Homophobe at Dictionary.com
homophobe - definition of homophobe by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

If someone disagrees with gay marriage, they may be disagreeing with it, not because they are against equality, but for different reasons. It has nothing to do with who is better and who isn't.

I have discussed this with many people, and yes, some are bigoted/prejudices/intolerant/homophobic, and some others purely from the standpoint that marriage should simply be for opposite sexes. They also state that there should be a civil union for homosexuals, that grants all the rights and privileges that a married couple enjoys to the civil union.

Personally, I think we should just do away with the term marriage which is supposed to be a forever thing, (for better or worse), since 50% are dissolved anyways, and everyone have a civil union.

Btw, (just as an afterthought), if you are a homosexual, and you feel that someone is a homophobe because they don't want to change the definition of marriage to suit your demands, doesn't that make you a heterophobe? I means let's look at this terminology in the same aspect. YOU feel that they hate or dislike, or disagree with you, so they MUST be a homophobe, and since you obviously hate, dislike or disagree with them, you must be a heterophobe! What's good for the goose, must be good for the gander, right?

So, based on the exact same equality in terminology, how many heterophobes have been accusing others of being homophobes?
Sorry, but if you're against equality, you're homophobic. Scared of change of "tradition". Separate but equal is ridiculous. Nobody is changing the definition of your marriage, that's utterly ridiculous. Hence why it is homophobic. It's really not hard to see this. I'm all for heterosexual marriage, I just don't want one. Heterosexual marriage would not affect me. It's not my marriage.

PS. Dictionary definitions are pointless and utterly stupid in this discussion.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Over 7000 Churches in the US perform same-sex marriage. Stop going to a church that believes the ridiculous lies of a corrupted English Bible translation.
Same sex marriage is illegal here. It's NOT SF you know!

Old 09-03-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
You prove my point, you call people names like a child, you say if a person dislikes SSM they are against Homosexuals which is absurd and paranoid then you think I am upset becuse i answered the topic question.
The Fact is that nobody is Homophobic because they don't support Homosexual Marriage and If by thinking so and calling people names it does make You Paranoid and very Childish just like a little kid on a playground. Very Silly really. I'm still waiting to hear what my stance is from you sense you think you know which is another sign of paranoia.
No. I didn't call you a child. I said it was childish, your behavior. The fact is that it's childish to be upset about what you are. You are homophobic. Just accept it and move on. I personally don't care if you're homophobic or not. It's your right as an American. I just think it's silly your against gay marriage and are trying not to be labeled a homophobe, it's like a racist saying he dislikes blacks in his neighborhood but isn't racist.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Want to know what's REALLY silly and childish? What's REALLY the sign of an IMMATURE person?

Denying and finding justification for equality and rights to your fellow American citizens.

THAT'S childish, selfish, and pathetic at its core. It's one thing to DISAGREE with something you "don't like" (for whatever reason). It's another to translate your personal feelings of dislike into a prohibition against others.

And no amount of mealy-mouthed lip service or cowardly justifications for such a stance will EVER change that. That you are more interested in not being cast as a "homophobe," or being called naaaaames because of your stance, rather than owning up to the fact that your stance is unjustifiable to any American who truly calls themselves a "patriot" or "liberty loving" speaks volumes, because inability to confront your own moral consistency shortcomings is ALSO the sign of a child.
Exactly.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:05 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unounehana View Post
Sorry, but if you're against equality, you're homophobic. Scared of change of "tradition". Separate but equal is ridiculous. Nobody is changing the definition of your marriage, that's utterly ridiculous. Hence why it is homophobic. It's really not hard to see this. I'm all for heterosexual marriage, I just don't want one. Heterosexual marriage would not affect me. It's not my marriage.

PS. Dictionary definitions are pointless and utterly stupid in this discussion.
I think nobody should get married and everyone has a civil union, does that mean I hate everybody?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies