Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 PM

811 posts, read 1,054,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And Mussolini made the trains run on time. What's your point?
You're making Chick-Fil-A out to be a dishonorable company. I'm showing you that they're wholesome.

Quote:
Oh my Zeus, I cannot believe people like you still exist. What's it like, living in La La land?

Exodus: Ex-gay therapies don't work on samesame.com.au

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/07/us...pagewanted=all

Ex-Gay Leader John Smid
Others say otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipju6yYOrs0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Kp6XP5lFU

Quote:
Nice try, but there is no such thing as sin. Sin pre-supposes something is "bad" because of a divine prohibition against same.
Sin means doing things that distances ones self from God, or distance from God.

Quote:
Only weak willed and weak minded people need to order their lives based on fear of retribution at death for living as bad people. External control vs. internal control is the difference between a mature moral compass, and an immature one.
Actually, we are all part of God. We all feel a need and calling to be close to God, even though we may not be certain how to do that, or be able to explain what we're feeling. Many choose to ignore that call, chasing behaviors or substances that they think will fulfill them.

Quote:
And Chick-Fil-A is open to CRITICISM for how it spends its profits. That's how it works in America... free speech and ACTIONS are not without consequences.
No one is saying that you have to eat at Chick-Fil-A. I'm fine with that. What many people disagree with is the way in which the media made this a story, when it wasn't. It simply was a case of a CEO providing an interview to a Baptist group who asked him a question, and he answered truthfully. The audience had nothing to do with the individuals who sought to slander Chick-Fil-A.

Quote:
That you choose not to take more deliberate action against companies you don't support is YOUR choice.
Actually, trying to intentionally destroy a company by preventing it from opening in a city is illegal and would be dismissed in a court of law.

Quote:
There is NO misleading about Chick-Fil-A. The only people misleading on this issue are people such as yourself, who are casting it as a "free speech" issue. And, "most people" do not side with Chick-Fil-A on this issue:
It is a free speech and freedom of religion issue. That the left doesn't get their way, they try to frame the argument to their own benefit, even labeling it as something else.

This has nothing to do with civil rights, for you're attempting to take away rights of other individuals, if anything.

I highly doubt that half of Americans support gay marriage. I chalk this up to a flawed polling system. Even then, most homosexual support is contained to a few geographically small areas of the country on the west coast, northeast, and a few other isolated locale spots. The bulk of the country wants nothing to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 02:47 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Their chicken sandwiches aren't bad. I never went until this latest dustup. I've had difficulty getting in lately. They're packed.
I think they are great. I've been eating there since the 80's. The chicken nuggets are really good too. Something about the peanut oil they use to fry it in and the breading. It melts in your mouth. Not being gay and as straight as they come... I couldn't care less about right NOW and gays getting butthurt over a God fearing old man's views on same sex relationships and marriage. He's an old man for crying out loud. Do you think he should sent his blessing with a free meal and a cake? Get real!!

Old 09-03-2012, 02:50 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
Default Gay Marriage has Changed my Opinion of Chick-Fil-A

I never ate at Chick-Fil-A until all the anti-business politicians said they did not want Chick-Fil-A's in their cities.

I have eaten at Chick-Fil-A 10 times in the last month.

I have discovered the Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich is very good and healthy, as well as the Spicy Chicken Wrap.

I don't give a GD about gay marriage one way or the other.

People should eat at Chick-Fil-A because they have good food with healthy options.

Chick-Fil-A - 2 thumbs up!

Old 09-03-2012, 02:58 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
It's still fast food. Not what I would call healthy, even if a bit better than McDonalds.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:02 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Agree, Chick-Fil-A does have decent food no matter what the GBLT (or whatever) says....

Old 09-03-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
I never ate at Chick-Fil-A until all the anti-business politicians said they did not want Chick-Fil-A's in their cities.

I have eaten at Chick-Fil-A 10 times in the last month.

I have discovered the Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich is very good and healthy, as well as the Spicy Chicken Wrap.

I don't give a GD about gay marriage one way or the other.

People should eat at Chick-Fil-A because they have good food with healthy options.

Chick-Fil-A - 2 thumbs up!
It's great and I have been a customer since the 1980s.
I think all the people FOR gays are trying way to hard to find fault with their food.

Oh yeah....really?

I'd much rather eat their than some sushi bar full of maggot infested raw cat food.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:05 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Encountered many "sushi bar[s] full of maggot infested raw cat food" lately?

Old 09-03-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Encountered many "sushi bar[s] full of maggot infested raw cat food" lately?
With a name such as Riverboat Gambler......he must be a FISHERMAN....don't you think?

I like my fresh caught fish cooked......bluegill, catfish, crappie, walleye, perch......

Old 09-03-2012, 03:10 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Default Gay Marriage has Changed my Opinion of Chick-Fil-A

Well for me I probably would have never ate at a CFA if not for the failed boycott, I also found the In and Out was in the same lot so it was a double win for me.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:11 PM

I'm sure the gays love one of my other favorite places too! Famous Dave's BBQ | Legendary Pit Bar-B-Que Restaurants and Catering

Zz top - Tush - YouTube

Last edited by Riverboat Gambler; 09-03-2012 at 03:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies