Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 08:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadian Inserection View Post
I can see it now... China and russia will work together to ensure that iran is nuclear capable. Iran greatfull of this will provide both countries with cheap oil all the while america's working poor will continue to suffer the effects of expensive engery.
Russia and China are using Iran as their proxy to try and end the US and their stranglehold on trading oil for US dollars. I would too if I were Russia or China.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:49 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Do you understand how many cyber attacks China has launched on the US?

That you have to take every single instance and try to make it into some sort of liberal vs. conservative thing is quite frankly sad.
I can understand how a conservative might disagree. What? Irony? Yes.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:55 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,348,731 times

Meanwhile back at the Kremlin....

Vladimir Putin wants to "modernize" the Russian defense industry 1930s Stalin style.

Putin orders defense industry modernization recalling pre-WWII advances — RT

Putin was in the Israeli occupied Holy Land this past June helping to dedicate a Russian-designed
memorial to the antichrist red army [many red army vets are jews who now live in the jew state.]

Netanyahu said the jew state exists, thanks to the red army.

Last edited by king's highway; 08-31-2012 at 09:15 PM..

Old 08-31-2012, 09:08 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Both China and Russia have gone on the record saying that they would view an operation like Olympic Games--a military-led cyber attack against another country--as an aggressive act.
Did America's Cyber Attack on Iran Make Us More Vulnerable? - Marc Ambinder - The Atlantic

Olympic Games seems to have set back the Iranian nuclear program by several years. The U.S.-Israeli intelligence cooperative that collaborated on the cyber weapon may one day be credited with preventing a wider war in the Middle East. Most notably, the United States and Israel delayed Iran's nuclear development without resorting to the use of nuclear weapons. There may be no better contemporary example of how covert action and intelligence can provide policymakers with their most precious resource: more time.

The USA (along wth Israel) wrecked a thousand centrifuges in Natanz (20% of Iran's inventory)
Report Strengthens Suspicions That Stuxnet Sabotaged Iran's Nuclear Plant | Threat Level | Wired.com

Obama. Nobel Peace prize winner. Making some war. Our foreign policy is now drones, SEAL assassination teams..... and computer geeks. HA.
Don't forget about making up bogus evidence, invading a country and then planting a puppet government right in the center of the region, fomenting revolutions across the Middle East, doing a little bit of under-reported and Congressionally unapproved open war in Libya so the revolutions succeed, planting murderous gangs in Syria and blaming their work on the Syrian Government to incite the populous into open revolt (though y'all probably don't know about that one yet , and until Assad started doing it himself for us!) planning and executing tactical assassinations, torture, lies, half-truths, false promises, threats, false threats and all manor of dirty work behind the scenes to fight a totally new type of regional war that nobody has ever seen before...

... all so we can keep the Middle East from becoming too powerful by itself or too friendly with Russia and China, and ultimately so that that we keep control of the last major source of the black stuff... literally our civilization's Achilles's heel... on the planet.

I have no "behind the scenes" access but it seems pretty clear what's going on to me. It's gonna be one hell of a history lesson in the future!!!!

I only hope the Russians and Chinese continue to play dumb until it's too late for them to do anything about it. Otherwise, get ready for WWIII.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:40 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Russia and China are using Iran as their proxy to try and end the US and their stranglehold on trading oil for US dollars. I would too if I were Russia or China.

So.....are you russian or chinese?

Old 08-31-2012, 10:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Neither. You would know that if you could understand what you read. "I would too if I were Russia or China"

Old 08-31-2012, 10:43 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Olympic Games seems to have set back the Iranian nuclear program by several years. The U.S.-Israeli intelligence cooperative that collaborated on the cyber weapon may one day be credited with preventing a wider war in the Middle East. Most notably, the United States and Israel delayed Iran's nuclear development without resorting to the use of nuclear weapons. There may be no better contemporary example of how covert action and intelligence can provide policymakers with their most precious resource: more time.
You actually believe those lies?

Nuclear program? Which nuclear program would that be, Iran's nuclear energy program, or the alleged nuclear weapons program that is non-existent?

Did it ever occur to you that the US might be punishing Iran for opening the Kish Island Exchange and trading commodities on the international market in basket currencies, instead of exclusively in US Dollars?

Did it not occur to you, that over the course of the last 10 years, the US has repeatedly attacked, harassed and antagonized Iran, each and every time Iran attempted an oil bourse?

Are you completely oblivious to the fact that the three countries who scream the most about Iran are the three countries that stand to lose the most as a result of an Iranian oil bourse, and that those three countries are the US, USrael, and Saudi America?

Explain in detail how the US is harmed by the operation of Reactor #1 of the dual-reactors at Bushwehr powering desalinization plants along the Persian Gulf Coast?

Explain how irrigating the Iranian Plateau causes harm to the US?

Explain how expanding agriculture on the irrigated Iranian Plateau harms the US?

Explain how decreasing Iran's rampant perennial 20% Unemployment Rate by expanding agriculture on the Iranian Plateau, thanks to water produced by desalinization plants powered by a nuclear reactor is harmful to the US?

Explain how Iran shifting from a net-importer of food to a net-exporter of food, thereby increasing the supply of food and lowering food prices for Americans is harmful to the US?

Explain how using Reactor #2 to provide electrical power generation to Iranian businesses and residences is harmful to the US?

Explain how Iran shutting down its oil-fired and natural gas fired electrical power plants to divert more oil and natural gas to the world market, thereby increasing the supply of oil and natural gas on the world market resulting in lower oil and natural gas prices for Americans is harmful to the US?

And no, they didn't delay Iran's nuclear program. Iran can get enriched uranium from Russia to power its nuclear reactors. Iran can also get enriched uranium from India to power its nuclear reactors. Or from China.

Gosh, more food, oil and gas on the world market? That's just terrible.

Did you read the IAEA report? Probably not, but it wouldn't matter if you did, since you don't understand anything about "things nuclear."

What did the IAEA say? They said Iran was enriching uranium to 20%.

Nuclear weapons fail.

Amused...

Mircea

Old 08-31-2012, 10:48 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Neither. You would know that if you could understand what you read. "I would too if I were Russia or China"
Oh, so very clever. So....who's side are you on?

Old 09-01-2012, 12:47 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadian Inserection View Post
I can see it now... China and russia will work together to ensure that iran is nuclear capable. Iran greatfull of this will provide both countries with cheap oil all the while america's working poor will continue to suffer the effects of expensive engery.
The US continues to make bad decisions, including it's absolute support for Israel.
Oil is finite.
Look to employers about the US poor.
Your concern for the poor is duly noted.
Your concern is probably for yourself.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:51 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Which just goes to show that hippies didn't know anything about foreign affairs 45 years ago, and they know no more now than they did then....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies