U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,093 posts, read 1,492,015 times
Reputation: 2325
Default Images of Faded Obama Posters and Pictures Are Flooding The Web

[url="http://rubinoworld.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/obama_theposter_large.png"http://rubinoworld.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/obama_theposter_large.png?w=604&h=33[/URL]

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/2...ope-fading.jpg

http://www.thelookingspoon.com/tlsim...obama_hope.jpg

faded obama poster - Google Search

I'd say Ryan's speech is taking on a life of its own

Now they're selling posters of students staring at fading Obama posters. Ironic.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-01-2012 at 05:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Status: "Abstaining from arguing with the right for Lent" (set 10 days ago)
 
30,592 posts, read 15,136,421 times
Reputation: 13177
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Now they're selling posters of students staring at fading Obama posters. Ironic.
Please point to another president in recent memory where campaign posters didn't hit the garbage can two days after the election? The fact that they are still up four years later is more than a bit impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:41 PM
 
Location: In Line For The E Ticket Ride
19,287 posts, read 9,611,379 times
Reputation: 20359
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

I'd say Ryan's speech is taking on a life of its own
I'd say Clint Eastwood's (tremendously awful) attempt at wit and humor is taking on a life of its own.

NO ONE is talking about Ryan. Everyone is talking about Eastwood. And judging by the horrified look on Anne Romney's face last night I'd say that includes the Romney household.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Lost in Texas
6,378 posts, read 1,345,826 times
Reputation: 1969
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'd say Clint Eastwood's (tremendously awful) attempt at wit and humor is taking on a life of its own.

NO ONE is talking about Ryan. Everyone is talking about Eastwood. And judging by the horrified look on Anne Romney's face last night I'd say that includes the Romney household.
I thought Eastwood was hilarious. Perhaps the humor went over your head...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:53 PM
 
Location: In Line For The E Ticket Ride
19,287 posts, read 9,611,379 times
Reputation: 20359
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I thought Eastwood was hilarious. Perhaps the humor went over your head...
Oh, gosh. Do you thinks so? Wait. Maybe I'll reconsider. Maybe he was a real knee-slapping, quick thinking comic last night. Let us ponder that.

OK. I pondered it. No.

And the deflection by the Republicans of "it must have gone over your head" isn't working. It quit being a snappy comeback before the last balloon dropped last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:55 PM
 
7,438 posts, read 3,598,888 times
Reputation: 3170
I love Photoshop!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:57 PM
 
16,320 posts, read 3,926,755 times
Reputation: 3549
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I thought Eastwood was hilarious. Perhaps the humor went over your head...
Yes, it was quite humorous. He was able to be funny without talking about pricks, vaginas, using the F word or wishing that a hurricane would strike somebody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-31-2012, 08:07 PM
 
10,653 posts, read 5,350,304 times
Reputation: 4645
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'd say Clint Eastwood's (tremendously awful) attempt at wit and humor is taking on a life of its own.

NO ONE is talking about Ryan. Everyone is talking about Eastwood. And judging by the horrified look on Anne Romney's face last night I'd say that includes the Romney household.
People are talking about Ryan, but not in a good way. This years RNC was all about Eastwood's horrific performance, and Ryan's massive lie about Obama closing a GM plant that was done under W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-31-2012, 08:08 PM
 
814 posts, read 185,867 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Please point to another president in recent memory where campaign posters didn't hit the garbage can two days after the election? The fact that they are still up four years later is more than a bit impressive.
You betcha, the little liberal educated brain dead reverse bigots have their very own Che to idolize while they toke their joints and pick up their food stamps. Hope and Change, "how's that workin out for ya!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-31-2012, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Lost in Texas
6,378 posts, read 1,345,826 times
Reputation: 1969
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh, gosh. Do you thinks so? Wait. Maybe I'll reconsider. Maybe he was a real knee-slapping, quick thinking comic last night. Let us ponder that.

OK. I pondered it. No.

And the deflection by the Republicans of "it must have gone over your head" isn't working. It quit being a snappy comeback before the last balloon dropped last night.
Yep. I was right... It did..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top