Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 09:14 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I went to see him in Vegas and it was packed. It was pretty raunchy but that is the way I roll. I do not get offended that easily.
I don't think people were offended as much as he wasn't funny he seemed to have a mental issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I don't think people were offended as much as he wasn't funny he seemed to have a mental issue.
They should have google him first and save the money of the ticket.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:34 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
They should have google him first and save the money of the ticket.
Nah, I had seen him before and he wasn't like that at all, he's lost it, probably 60% of the people who left were Hispanic and there was even a write up in the paper of how lame he was.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:41 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,203,193 times
This guy is funny and I used to enjoy watching him. Then it became very obvious that he supported illegal immigration and a criticizer of american citizens so I never watch him now. Too bad they cant find a way to deport him and his big prejudice mouth...Let him go to mexico and be on their tv He wont be watched on mine.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:43 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wrong! Mitt is American and culturally American. Latino has nothing to do with looks but I do agree it has do with who your ancestors are. You are confusing culture with nationality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Mitt Romney's father is of "Latin American" origin. He was born in Mexico. Thus, he's Latino.... because the definition of Latino is someone with ancestral Latin American origins.

You can be "Latino" and be completely Americanized. Just like you can be "European" descent and be completely Americanized.

"Latinos" are just a special case because Latin countries themselves are immigrant countries, so anyone from Peruvian-Japanese, to German-Argentinians, to Afro-Cubans can be "Latino" in origin.

Latino (demonym) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The tie breaker would be that George's PARENTS were living in Mexico as legal aliens, NOT staying there cause of doing business for the US. That's why many of us see Mitt's dad as "Hispanic". It's a real thin line IMHO.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:58 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
This guy is funny and I used to enjoy watching him. Then it became very obvious that he supported illegal immigration and a criticizer of american citizens so I never watch him now. Too bad they cant find a way to deport him and his big prejudice mouth...Let him go to mexico and be on their tv He wont be watched on mine.
You cannot deport an American Citizen because you dislike his views. He has the same freedom of speech that you do. Lopez was born here. He was raised here by his grandmother. His mother is a citizen living in Sacramento, CA, but he is estranged from her as she remarried and abandoned him when he was 10. He's a pretty bitter and angry man really.

I didn't think his rant was funny, but so what. Just turn off the tv when he is on.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
you cannot deport an american citizen because you dislike his views. He has the same freedom of speech that you do. Lopez was born here. He was raised here by his grandmother. His mother is a citizen living in sacramento, ca, but he is estranged from her as she remarried and abandoned him when he was 10. He's a pretty bitter and angry man really.

I didn't think his rant was funny, but so what. Just turn off the tv when he is on.
+1

Old 09-02-2012, 10:14 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just because Mitt's father was born in an American colony in Mexico doesn't make Mitt a Latino. Mitt was born here and neither he nor his father were Latinos culturally at all. Lopez is a typical reconquista, ethnocentric racist of the Latino extraction.

As for Mitt's birth certificate well what is the left waiting for? Dig it up then and prove that Mitt was not born in Michigan.
There is no American colony in Mexico. Mitt's father was born in Mexico but immigrated to the USA, but Mitt was born in the USA.

There really isn't a "latino" culture but people like to claim there is. The culture of Guatemala really isn't the same as the culture of Argentina or Spain or Chile. Each Latin American nation or at least region has it's own history and culture and even food recipes. It's like Rubio -- he was born in the USA to immigrant parents.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:17 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
You cannot deport an American Citizen because you dislike his views. He has the same freedom of speech that you do. Lopez was born here. He was raised here by his grandmother. His mother is a citizen living in Sacramento, CA, but he is estranged from her as she remarried and abandoned him when he was 10. He's a pretty bitter and angry man really.

No -- but an America-hater like Lopez certainly has a choice to emigrate to Mexico which is the country he obviously prefers to the USA. He could be honest and do that -- Mexico is also a nation of immigrants. Vicente Fox's grandfather was an immigrant to Mexico from the USA, his grandmother came from Spain.

For Lopez it was an unfortunate fact that he happened to be born here -- but that doesn't mean he has to stay here.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No -- but an America-hater like Lopez certainly has a choice to emigrate to Mexico which is the country he obviously prefers to the USA. He could be honest and do that -- Mexico is also a nation of immigrants. Vicente Fox's grandfather was an immigrant to Mexico from the USA, his grandmother came from Spain.

For Lopez it was an unfortunate fact that he happened to be born here -- but that doesn't mean he has to stay here.
If he chooses to do so, he has the right to do it. He is a US CITIZEN and has the right to free speech. Whether you disagree with him or not.

People who believes he must be silenced are the real american-haters. We do not silence people in this country.

That said, I think people like David Duke or Glenn Beck are doing damage to our country however they have the right to say anything they feel like saying. And I have the right not to listen.

If anyone hates Lopez so much, just change the channel. Problem solved
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies