Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 10:54 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,164,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Assuming that Iowans get back $1.00 for every $1.00 they pay to the feds, proportionate to their population Iowa paid exactly $120,000 towards the $12 Million in FAA funded airport repairs. But Iowa is actually a receiver state that gets $1.10 for every dollar, so using this over simplified example they only paid $108,000 towards the repairs. That's a pretty good deal for Iowa don't you think?

Now, it's all well and good if you believe that the states should pay their way and be responsible for funding their own infrastructure, public safety, etc... Or even that the government shouldn't fund these things at all. But it's incredibly disingenuous for a bunch a locals to sit on the tarmac of an airport built, staffed and maintained by the government for the benefit of the local economy, and proclaim that "they built it."
Let me ask you if you heard Michelle Obama's speech last night. I did and I never heard one mention of anything to do with the private sector in this nation, lots of things about government agencies etc but not one word about the private sector. You seem to be lost on that part of Obama's words. Did he say those words that day? Why sure he did but he didn't mention the fact that his government sure as hell didn't sit up with the business at night and on vacation periods. Also he failed to mention the fact that those business owners had to meet payrolls, be at the business all the time, pay the taxes to the federal, state, and local governments, etc. I wonder what he is trying to tell us when he says "You didn't build that". Is there a chance that he wants us to believe that the government is the source of all wealth when all the wealth the government has comes from "We the people" in the form of taxes and fines? I think that is what he wants us to believe. He thinks that redistribution of wealth is the thing and that, of course, has to be done by government through taxes and entitlements. s

I sure do wonder about the things I have been reading, lately, about the Marxist influences in his early life, especially at Occidental College.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,510,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why is it that if one doesn't agree with The One he is a racist? You people keep on with that crap and seem to not be able to understand that race probably isn't involved with dislike for the policies of Obama.

Has it ever occurred to you that most racist speech here seems to be coming from people like you who want to blame anyone who doesn't like Obama for racism. I wonder how much this kind of talk effects the media when it comes to reporting on Obama. I am not afraid to be called a racist by racist thinking people but it won't affect my business to have you call me that name.
Believe me, its no shock that you like being called a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies