Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 07:49 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I must inform you that this morning I heard some Dem campaign fool talking about the price of gasoline in 2008, September being $4.11. Now I don't know what planet he was living on back then but he did seem to be just a bit out of whack. I wish he had been talking to Wallace or one of the tough right leaners because they would have pounded that lie as it should have been done.
He actually meant July 2008 ... when average gas prices were at the highest ever recorded.

See the 5 year chart at gasbuddy.com:

Historical Gas Price Charts - 60 months - GasBuddy.com

So he was off by 2 months ... big deal!

Last time I heard a comment like yours was from another Republican here who felt the need to correct Clint Eastwood's age as being 82, and not 81 as someone had posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 07:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So what is your suggestion? You have domestic oil being sold overseas, refineries sitting idle, speculators driving up the price of crude, and unbridled corporate greed that would shame the robber barons.

I woudl suggest electing another Teddy Roosevelt and doing a lot of Trust Busting.
Is there a chance that it would take an unbelievable amount of money to get those refineries you howl about up and running under EPA standards? I sure think there is but I am not a lefty.

I remember when gasoline was under 25 cents out here in the sticks but never as cheap as you say in the 1960s. It was up in the thirties by then out here. I guess since we probably burned more than in the Carolinas, more miles to go to get anywhere, they could get more money out of it.

Maybe gasoline was 31 cents per gallon in 1965 as it was in 1960. It seems that you must be a bit earlier than Johnson's days. Try the link.

http://www.1960sflashback.com/1965/economy.asp

Old 09-03-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What do you want an award for not using your car? Do you use plastic? lol
Naw he walks to work, according to what he said. He doesn't know that many of us live in the sticks where we drive or don't work. Also, many of our lib friends live where they can use public transport. The closest thing to that for me is Dodge City where I would be driving, anyway.

Some of them don't understand that we old people who have our houses paid for can't come up with enough money to just live in a city. Maybe Agenda 21 will take care of us when the time comes.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:07 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
I must inform you that this morning I heard some Dem campaign fool talking about the price of gasoline in 2008, September being $4.11. Now I don't know what planet he was living on back then but he did seem to be just a bit out of whack. I wish he had been talking to Wallace or one of the tough right leaners because they would have pounded that lie as it should have been done.
Would you believe Triple A???

Highest Recorded Average Price: Regular Unl. $4.114 7/17/2008 DSL. $4.845 7/17/2008

Daily Fuel Gauge Report--national, state and local average prices for gasoline, diesel and E-85.

I posted this earlier, but obviously you missed it.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:11 PM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm waiting for the PC Conservative Version to start telling us we can't say "Romney" and "magic" in the same sentence.
You mean like the words "golf" and "Obama" = racism.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And what has Obama done to address this alleged gouging?
Damned fine question. I doubt you will see an answer from any of our progs, though.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Even though no president really has any control over oil prices or gas prices, at least in November, we can elect someone who will allow drilling for oil to keep up with demand and try to make prices reasonable again.
Now those are the most sensible and true words on this thread so far. You got repped for them.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Nothing. He believes that Free Market Forces will be good for America.

Do you maybe think we should pull a Venezuela and nationalize the oil companies...?
There is a chance of that happening if Obama gets re-elected, I think.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:22 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Damned fine question. I doubt you will see an answer from any of our progs, though.
And I doubt we will see a response from you for posts #51 and #54.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
He actually meant July 2008 ... when average gas prices were at the highest ever recorded.

See the 5 year chart at gasbuddy.com:

Historical Gas Price Charts - 60 months - GasBuddy.com

So he was off by 2 months ... big deal!

Last time I heard a comment like yours was from another Republican here who felt the need to correct Clint Eastwood's age as being 82, and not 81 as someone had posted.
If you watched Fox you could hear lots of those Dems shooting off their crap at least the rest of this week. I wish someone had stopped his mouth running when he made that suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies