Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 03:07 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,986,430 times

Advertisements

Correct me if I am wrong....

The mentally impaired girl, accused of burning the Koran, was going to be stoned to death...But, now the cleric accused of framing her faces a prison term?

Muslim cleric accused of framing Christian girl for burning Koran could face blasphemy charge | Fox News

People here have to wake up to reality...you are infidels in the eyes of Islamics.

I am sure there are Moslems that are good people....But, we don't recognize that fact, any more than we recognize good Christians - All of Christianity is evil and ignorance, just like Islam.

That's fairness and equality.

Good luck to those that feel so strongly about the goodness of Islam...Let's just hope one of their clerics here do not feel like making you an example, just for the hell of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 03:20 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,158,381 times
Muslims not Moslems

They live there, I live here, couldn't care less....

Old 09-03-2012, 03:23 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,978,939 times
As one who doesn't particularly like any religious "influence" of any sort...

Which influence are we supposed to be upset, the one where one of god's ministers falsely accuses someone or the one where a system of justice takes its time, investigates the false accusations and decides to charge the guilty party?

Old 09-03-2012, 03:27 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,096,249 times
The fastest growing religion in the world, the West must be prepared to face this threat.

"Western Man" is too busy eating chicken wings, drinking 6 packs, and watching sports to even realize how radically different this country (and the world) is becoming. Meanwhile, jihadists are blowing themselves up for their "cause". Western Man vs Muslim Man was once a mismatch in favor of the West, now it is the other way around. Our elites have convinced us that "tolerance" and "multiculturalism" are sacred, while maintaining cultural identity is heretical and extreme.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:29 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,000,256 times
Muslims can follow their laws and traditions in their nations - it's none of my business unless I move there. If I do, I expect to be subject to the rules that these nations see fit.

If Muslims move to Western nations, I expect them to be subject to our rules and traditions.

Since we consider ourselves more enlightened, we hold principles such as equality and freedom of speech rather dear to our hearts. These principles extend even to those who want to use them against us. Thus, some feel free to (sometimes violently) protest our freedoms in a way they would never be allowed to do at home.

I, for one, am quite happy with our freedoms, traditions, and laws. I have yet to find general Islamic principles that I would see as an enrichment of our society. In short, I can do without.

That said, I grew up in a nation with a large muslim population - so much so that my best friends were Muslim. While I certainly appreciate some aspects of muslim tradition, I can happily live without most others - especially when it comes to human rights, freedom of speech, freedom of/from religion, equality, etc. We've been through the dark ages - there's no need to go back. No need to treat women like dirt.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:37 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,874,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Muslims not Moslems

They live there, I live here, couldn't care less....
Moslems is also correct spelling, it's like saying centre or colour are spelled wrong

Old 09-03-2012, 03:50 PM

441 posts, read 500,384 times
Interesting turn of events here. A senior Muslim cleric is investigating the imam who accused the little girl. The senior cleric has guaranteed the safety of the girl and her family upon her release. He also said he is investigating whether the imam invented the story to try to rid the neighborhood of Christians to seize their land and property.

Maybe a little girl shall lead them...

Old 09-04-2012, 01:49 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,456,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
The mentally impaired girl, accused of burning the Koran, was going to be stoned to death...But, now the cleric accused of framing her faces a prison term?
Two things to note:

1. This happened in Islamabad, Pakistan. Last time I checked, that was not "our society."

2. Even so far as Pakistan goes, it appears their justice system--such as it is--worked. I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:51 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,904,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
The fastest growing religion in the world, the West must be prepared to face this threat.

"Western Man" is too busy eating chicken wings, drinking 6 packs, and watching sports to even realize how radically different this country (and the world) is becoming. Meanwhile, jihadists are blowing themselves up for their "cause". Western Man vs Muslim Man was once a mismatch in favor of the West, now it is the other way around. Our elites have convinced us that "tolerance" and "multiculturalism" are sacred, while maintaining cultural identity is heretical and extreme.
You are worried about 2% of the population, really?

Old 09-04-2012, 03:20 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,851,804 times
Cannot find statistics but I would bet that the homicide rate among Muslims in the US is lower than the rate among US Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies