Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 03:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,182,345 times

Advertisements

Was it Friday that Obama attempted a campaign speech at Ft. Bliss? I heard enough of the "show" to know that this is a pretty true representation of how little success he had. I think that even hand picked soldiers failed to applaud and cheer him on most things. Does anybody remember why they would react like that to the words of The One? He has stopped the trial of the shooter who grew a beard so the Army would hold back on his trial.

Anyway this writer seems to have seen much of what I did and I really don't feel sorry for Obama not getting military people to cheer him. He may run into this several times in the next couple of months when he attempts to prove that the military really does like him. Maybe what he and his AG did to the military voters in Ohio will work against him, also.

Obama speech to soldiers met with silence | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 03:29 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,167,370 times
I wonder how many soldiers would have showed up if they weren't commanded to do so?

Old 09-03-2012, 05:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,058,163 times
I watched the whole speech. I heard a LOT of cheers in the appropriate places. When he finished soldiers were literally jumping up and down to see him and get a photo.

The Obama haters looking for something that isn't there. What a surprise.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:07 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,428,578 times
The Commander-In-Chief even disrespected by his army. How bad can it get?

He is THE most disrespected president in history, IMO.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:09 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,878,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post

He was not disrespected. But hey, if it makes you feel better go ahead and believe that.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:40 PM

5,303 posts, read 4,379,759 times
Did anyone bother to look at the video?

President Obama Speech Today 30 Minutes Fort Bliss Texas Global News - YouTube
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:02 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,379,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post

Not true. Carter holds that infamous distinction. Carter lowered the recruitment standards for women in the military, which is why women cannot hold combat MOSs, and he pardoned every Vietnam deserter. No President was worse for military morale than Carter.

You will note the trend of Presidents that have been disrespectful of the military in the last 40 years - Carter, Clinton and Obama. Is it any surprise the Democrats want to disenfranchise the military by preventing them from voting or refusing to count military votes?

Old 09-03-2012, 08:15 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,218,970 times
uote=Ibginnie;25932331]Did anyone bother to look at the video?

President Obama Speech Today 30 Minutes Fort Bliss Texas Global News - YouTube[/quote]

I didn't look at it, but I did watch it.

What is your point?

I heard enthusiast shouts during the naming of the various units, and obligatory shouts at appropriate times,...but, I did notice that those seated behind the President seldom applauded, voiced much approval, or expressed their support in other ways.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:28 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,161,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
uote=Ibginnie;25932331]Did anyone bother to look at the video?

President Obama Speech Today 30 Minutes Fort Bliss Texas Global News - YouTube
Quote:
I didn't look at it, but I did watch it.

What is your point?

I heard enthusiast shouts during the naming of the various units, and obligatory shouts at appropriate times,...but, I did notice that those seated behind the President seldom applauded, voiced much approval, or expressed their support in other ways.
I agree. It wasn't silence. There was approval at times but that was mostly when mr obama said someting good about either the us or the army. There was relative silence during the majority of the speech.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:38 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,629,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
I agree. It wasn't silence. There was approval at times but that was mostly when mr obama said someting good about either the us or the army. There was relative silence during the majority of the speech.
So in other words, it was a respectful audience.
Go Army.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies