Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2012, 06:31 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,887,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
Why? Because they realize that the previous cutoff for receiving food stamps too low and more people needed to be covered? Yes, people would brag about extending care to others instead of alienating them as the Republicans do when it comes to lower income people.
with all due respect, i bet more people would prefer actual jobs to food stamps. (i am sure that we probably have working people on food stamps now)

people want autonomy, not dependence.

the food stamps aren't all obama's fault, but obviously if he had more of a focus on actual "shovel ready" jobs there wouldn't be this sense of desperation out there among the borderline/underemployed/unemployed workers.

obama has a disregard for the private sector, as evidenced by his "you didn't build that" comment. i know people say that he was misunderstood, but i don't think so. he has enacted a lot of regulations to slow down business growth, and played favorites with failing businesses costing more jobs-- and people are hurting.

obama has favored wall street over main street-and the actual proof is all the rounds of QE-with the last one being the most aggressive-ALL of which hurt americans and caused prices to rise. after all, if you depreciate the dollars it will take more of them to buy anything).

it just shouldn't be this hard for people to find decent work in this country.

when i heard that over a million people applied at mcdonald's for 62 thousand jobs, that made me feel sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 06:54 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,392,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
The kicker is..the Liberals and Democrats brag about this!. Amazing...bragging about people having to use food stamps to survive...this is the American Dream for them....people starving....

One way to look at it is...people have to use food stamps because greedy landlords took their food money.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:56 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,247,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
with all due respect, i bet more people would prefer actual jobs to food stamps. (i am sure that we probably have working people on food stamps now)

the food stamps aren't all obama's fault, but obviously if he had more of a focus on actual "shovel ready" jobs there wouldn't be this sense of desperation out there among the borderline/underemployed/unemployed workers.

obama has a disregard for the private sector, as evidenced by his "you didn't build that" comment. i know people say that he was misunderstood, but i don't think so. he has enacted a lot of regulations to slow down business growth, and played favorites with failing businesses costing more jobs-- and people are hurting.

obama has favored wall street over main street-and the actual proof is all the rounds of QE-with the last one being the most aggressive-ALL of which hurt americans and caused prices to rise. after all, if you depreciate the dollars it will take more of them to buy anything).

when i heard that over a million people applied at mcdonald's for 62 thousand jobs, that made me feel sad.
People don't want to starve, that's what they want.

Obama and his administration has created or saved millions of jobs in both the public and private sector.

Not only have Republicans introduced almost no jobs bills but have also openly stated that they say no to Democratic jobs bills to hurt Obama's chances of being reelected. They don't care about the American people.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:58 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,835,765 times
Ok here is the solution. All the repugs that receive food stamps or public assistance can refuse it and things will be much better for the country. We can save a fortune and help eliminate some of the 47% from the rolls. They are repugs, they won't mind i'm sure they think its the right thing to do. I actually know a gay repug that is receiving benefits and yet thinks Romney has a better plan... give me a break. ( his net answer is he doesn't like black people and it is purely a racial choice ...as I suspect many are.)

Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
The kicker is..the Liberals and Democrats brag about this!. Amazing...bragging about people having to use food stamps to survive...this is the American Dream for them....people starving....
Yeah -- except no one is starving -- we're the second most obese nation in the world.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:31 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,658,057 times
I love standing in line with my ramen noodles and tv dinners while the food stampers eat so well

Old 09-23-2012, 09:46 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,392,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yeah -- except no one is starving -- we're the second most obese nation in the world.

That's because carbs are cheap and a lot of people are eating cheap unbalanced diets.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,411,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
One way to look at it is...people have to use food stamps because greedy landlords took their food money.

People have to use food stamps, because greedy money hungry Politicians came along, and people who had jobs, now lost the ones they had. I have known and i have written about this often. Since 2008 until now i did know 20 familes who lost their jobs, and half their homes, under this whacko adminsitration.

Lets add 2 more, a Manager and a electrician, which i thought could not be possible, electricians are in demand are they not, or they use to be.

So when people you see lose their jobs, they lose what money they had coming in. They also have a hard time finding some place to live. Many people i know mostly middle aged men, found themselves in the most pecular positions, when they lost the jobs they had of many many many years. Unless your one of the people who have lost a job, you don't know what hell it is on a family.

These hard working people don't want assistance, they have always done it on their own, and the ones that had to go on assistance, hate it with a freaking passion.

Think about that middle aged but not yet retirement age, job gone, lost your home, and the homelife becomes strained.

If you want to keep that job you have, think long and hard before you put your vote in, and if you want to keep what money you have, think long and hard. Don't vote just because, vote to get this negative, tanking in the toilet spiraling out of control economy back on track.

Point bank, no beating around the bush for me. My banker investor told me, if Obama comes in again, we are dumed, no kidding. He said think things are bad now, just wait, he is very smart, and always been right on target.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:09 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,225,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
So rent control is the answer?
Oh Yeah, rent control, would that be the government coming in and telling landlords how much they can charge?
Bartering is the answer. I can see that. Throw in a little girl friend, wife, gas, or whatever, LET'S MAKE A DEAL!

Old 09-24-2012, 12:21 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,225,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

The only reason Obama FAVORS? wall street is because he wanted to, and did head off a world-wide banking crisis. You know, wall street and bankers were mainly responsible for the great depression don't you know? History just about repeated itself. The Man, Obama could care less about wall street, IMHO.

Why does Obama have disregard for the private sector?
10+ years of tax breaks for the JOB CREATORS=NO JOBS

And when is a $20,000 home worth $120,000? over-appraising, America's real estate needs to restructure itself. Realtors and assessors need to get real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies