Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 PM

313 posts, read 324,637 times

Advertisements

Because in 1994 a young lawyer named Obama sued Citibank to change housing loan qualifications so that minorities could buy houses they could not afford. Over half of these loans ended in foreclosure. So you see the housing crash which started the down turn of the economy was Obama's fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 01:10 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
I don't care what he inherited. I can see him trying to do another stimulus when the first didn't work. No one throws good money after bad. I heard him say shovel ready jobs weren't do shovel ready after all. I am not so stupid not to see these things and know they are just dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Go to the movie 2016 and see the list of what Obama has done, sending money to other countries instead of helping our country. Strange things that do not make sense. I wish Clinton could have explained those things to us tonight. Why Obama has done so many stupid and dumb things that were suppose to help us but didn't.

Wake up and smell the coffee is right. Obama doesn't have to explain himself, he just does it. Things that do not make any sense.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:15 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo700 View Post
Because in 1994 a young lawyer named Obama sued Citibank to change housing loan qualifications so that minorities could buy houses they could not afford. Over half of these loans ended in foreclosure. So you see the housing crash which started the down turn of the economy was Obama's fault.
Yes this as well. Old man Barney wasn't the only twit involved in that fiasco. Now we have a president that wants to redistribute the wealth. Get a clue that means your wealth as well. It won't affect him though. He talks about how evil the wealthy are but he is part of the wealthy. He knows how to stir up the crowd with emotions to vote for him again, Well I am not buying it.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:35 AM

447 posts, read 495,944 times
"housing market bubble" from Clinton? This is news to me, please don't creat news in your post, could you?
I am an independent by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Bush never whined about Clinton leaving him the dot-com stock crash, a housing market bubble, most favored nation status to China for trade, a deficit that is falsely portrayed as a surplus (per US Treasury) and Bin Laden who attacked the US multiple times in the 1990s.
........ .

Old 09-06-2012, 08:10 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Record-high profits + Record-low taxes = Republican equation for a booming economy. What happened?

Old 09-06-2012, 08:30 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
"housing market bubble" from Clinton? This is news to me...
Really? I'll let Fannie Mae's former chief credit officer explain it to you. Playing a KEY role in creating the housing bubble and mortgage meltdown is Clinton's overhauled CRA...

RealClearMarkets - How Did Paul Krugman Get It So Wrong?

Power of Progressive Economics: The Clinton Years | Center for American Progress

Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,425 times
I blame him because while he inherited a terrible recession, fixing it wasn't his priority. My problem is than rather than put focus on fixing the economy, his administration used the first two years of his term (when he had full control of the Senate) to push through healthcare reform. With unemployment at 9%+, the Democrats focus was pushing through that mess of a healthcare bill rather than dealing with what was our country's primary problem. How can we afford to buy health insurance when we can't find a job?

If his house was on fire, Obama would be vacuuming rather than running for the fire extinguisher. He made healthcare reform their main priority while millions of us sat around unemployed. This makes be believe he puts his interests first and what's best for the country second and I cannot support that attitude.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:48 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
eventhough I voted for Obama, he had a chance to have congress pass some bills to help the economy in his first 2 years in office when it was Democrat-dominated, but he was too focused on healthcare instead, when Republicans re-gained control of congress, thats when Obama has attempted to pass bills through congress to help the Economy but Republicans would rather see the U.S. enter another Depression than see him get re-elected President
Nonsense. Harry Reid has sat on every piece of legislation. Now you know why so the democrats would have something to feed the swooners that it is all evil congressors faults for stopping Obama from fixing everything. AS if anything he proposed would fix anything to begin with. When was the last time he met with his job council? Six eight months ago I believe. That the republicans fault too? His highly touted stimulus that he shoved through did nothing so exactly what makes you think anything he proposed would have worked? HOPE???

Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
He has not had a single idea that has helped this economy. He has not met with his own jobs council in over a year. He has had 4 years to stop the bleeding and has only continued the failed Bush stimulous to the point where we are so far in debt now we cant see daylight.

Seriously, if Obama were a republican you would be screaming in the street right now. He simply does not know how to run a country or a business for that matter.

You want to blame only Bush, but it was a democrat program Freddy/Fanny that brought the house down. And besides, I would not put Bush back in the white house, but I would put a good businessman in so I vote for Romney.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:54 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Really? I'll let Fannie Mae's former chief credit officer explain it to you. Playing a KEY role in creating the housing bubble and mortgage meltdown is Clinton's overhauled CRA...

RealClearMarkets - How Did Paul Krugman Get It So Wrong?

Power of Progressive Economics: The Clinton Years | Center for American Progress
This. The democrats are melting down right now. Why do we continue to support failure? Vote him out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies