U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 03:05 PM

12,775 posts, read 4,623,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
Right because everyone "opens up" and lets the po-po in! When you are dealing with people such as this, the element of supprize is critical to spare the lives of both the suspect and the Leos. One or two loud calls and that is more than plenty. Give them five minutes, they have destroyed evidence, barricaded themselves, as well as armed themselves. That would be like shooting fish in a barrel for the criminal. I can't see any drug dealer objecting to that.

You're confusing lawful citizens with criminals.
If you don't have the evidence prior, then you have no business on the property. Citizens have turned over all their rights to ensure the safety of the police, that's not the way it's supposed to work in this country.

Dogs naturally protect their owners and their territory, some better than others. If you want a guard dog, a pit is not the best choice, it does not come naturally to them. There are plenty of other breeds better suited for that task. You people that freak out at the sight of a pit are ignorant and don't know anything about this breed.

I used to be one that defended the police. I always thought they were the good guys, I am not so foolish anymore. This country is fast becoming a police state, and the people are the slaves serving it. Enough! Stop using out tax dollars to terrorize us.
You want non-violence, than stop using violence against us? The State wants every advantage, and the people are just subjects to do as we are told. Enough of this crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 03:28 PM

2,528 posts, read 513,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If you don't have the evidence prior, then you have no business on the property. Citizens have turned over all their rights to ensure the safety of the police, that's not the way it's supposed to work in this country.

Dogs naturally protect their owners and their territory, some better than others. If you want a guard dog, a pit is not the best choice, it does not come naturally to them. There are plenty of other breeds better suited for that task. You people that freak out at the sight of a pit are ignorant and don't know anything about this breed.

I used to be one that defended the police. I always thought they were the good guys, I am not so foolish anymore. This country is fast becoming a police state, and the people are the slaves serving it. Enough! Stop using out tax dollars to terrorize us.
You want non-violence, than stop using violence against us? The State wants every advantage, and the people are just subjects to do as we are told. Enough of this crap.
Generally speaking... by the time it gets time to breaching a door and a raid...there are months and even in some cases years of evidence leading up to it. He did it...now we just have to pick him up. Why do Police often shoot a dog or disable it with a Taser or some other means? Cases just like this. That dog is tearing him a new ass. The owner is just sitting there watching it all take place. (Maybe even a grin or laugh) as it is happening. That dog created such a diversion, the suspect was free to flee or run out the back. He in fact did just that. That dog took care of one officer. It also took off other officers to take care of him and the dog. The suspect was free and clear. BTW....don't give me that BS about pitbulls. You could Google hundreds of videos just like this. The local news and newspaper is full of attacks as well. Many cities have even banned their ownership as a result of it. More have turned on their own master than other breeds as well. If the dog will go after his owner, I don't trust what that crazy sum b*tch will do to me...

Police Raid Gone Wrong ; Mad Dog Attacks Police Officers - YouTube

Old 09-09-2012, 03:34 PM

12,775 posts, read 4,623,109 times
Quote:
Generally speaking... by the time it gets time to breaching a door and a raid...there are months and even in some cases years of evidence leading up to it. He did it...now we just have to pick him up. Why do Police often shoot a dog or disable it with a Taser or some other means? Cases just like this. That dog is tearing him a new ass. The owner is just sitting there watching it all take place. (Maybe even a grin or laugh) as it is happening. That dog created such a diversion, the suspect was free to flee or run out the back. He in fact did just that. That dog took care of one officer. It also took off other officers to take care of him and the dog. The suspect was free and clear. BTW....don't give me that BS about pitbulls. You could Google hundreds of videos just like this. The local news and newspaper is full of attacks as well. Many cities have even banned their ownership as a result of it. More have turned on their own master than other breeds as well. If the dog will go after his owner, I don't trust what that crazy sum b*tch will do to me...

Police Raid Gone Wrong ; Mad Dog Attacks Police Officers - YouTube
Lord help us if you're a cop.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:40 PM

17,862 posts, read 11,799,628 times
Quote:
You're confusing lawful citizens with criminals.
No, I am not.

In 1989 Los Angeles county banned a list of firearms with no grandfather clause. Which meant that law-abiding citizens went to sleep that night and the next morning awoke as criminals. The difference between a law-abiding citizen and a criminal is determined by those who make the laws.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Lord help us if you're a cop.
Dangerous dogs show themselves right away. Any fool can tell the difference between a bark from say... a Cocker Spanial or a Golden Retriever....to a pitbull or Doberman. People who own the dangerous breeds are fully aware of the danger they pose to strangers. There is no sense in playing dumb about it. In that regard, criminals don't give a damn about the law in the first place. Do you think we should trust them with their dogs too? Haha...

With that said....I don't know of anyone other than gangbangers, "projects rejects" and white trash that even own pitbulls.

That should tell you something...

Old 09-09-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
No, I am not.

In 1989 Los Angeles county banned a list of firearms with no grandfather clause. Which meant that law-abiding citizens went to sleep that night and the next morning awoke as criminals. The difference between a law-abiding citizen and a criminal is determined by those who make the laws.
That's funny you say that. The Police come to my house all the time as friends and usually have a firearm, tactics and training or reloading question or task for me....

I'm not telling what my part time job is!

Old 09-09-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
That's funny you say that. The Police come to my house all the time as friends and usually have a firearm, tactics and training or reloading question or task for me....

I'm not telling what my part time job is!

I happened to live in Los Angeles county in 1989, and I owned two firearms on their ban list. One firearm I had legally purchased in Los Angeles county in 1986 (a Beretta 92F), and the other my father gave me for my tenth birthday (a Winchester Model 12 shotgun). When the State of California adopted the Los Angeles gun ban, also without a grandfather clause, I had only three choices:
  • Keep my firearms and remain a criminal; or
  • Turn my banned firearms over to the police as the law required; or
  • Leave the State with my firearms.
I choose the latter and moved to Alaska, where I am once again a law-abiding citizen and not a criminal.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I happened to live in Los Angeles county in 1989, and I owned two firearms on their ban list. One firearm I had legally purchased in Los Angeles county in 1986 (a Beretta 92F), and the other my father gave me for my tenth birthday (a Winchester Model 12 shotgun). When the State of California adopted the Los Angeles gun ban, also without a grandfather clause, I had only three choices:
  • Keep my firearms and remain a criminal; or
  • Turn my banned firearms over to the police as the law required; or
  • Leave the State with my firearms.
I choose the latter and moved to Alaska, where I am once again a law-abiding citizen and not a criminal.
That was the smartest of the choices.

I live in a State where we can own Class III weapons with the proper tax stamps from the ATF, meeting Federal regulations on age, criminal history, mental health etc...

I'd never live for any length of time in the land of pixy dust and rainbows!

Old 09-09-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
That was the smartest of the choices.

I live in a State where we can own Class III weapons with the proper tax stamps from the ATF, meeting Federal regulations on age, criminal history, mental health etc...

I'd never live for any length of time in the land of pixy dust and rainbows!
I now live in a State that recognizes the individual right to bear arms, and is one of eight States to allow the manufacture of firearms and ammunition within the State that is exempt from all federal regulation.

Eight and Counting: Parnell Signs Alaska Firearms Freedom Act – Tenth Amendment Center Blog

The feds can take their firearm licenses and tax stamps and shove it where the sun does not shine.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I now live in a State that recognizes the individual right to bear arms, and is one of eight States to allow the manufacture of firearms and ammunition within the State that is exempt from all federal regulation.

Eight and Counting: Parnell Signs Alaska Firearms Freedom Act Tenth Amendment Center Blog

The feds can take their firearm licenses and tax stamps and shove it where the sun does not shine.
Eh...for $200 and some ATF paperwork....I can play too.

Heckler and Koch MP5 Sub-Machine Gun - YouTube

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies