U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-05-2012, 04:54 PM
 
3,349 posts, read 2,648,113 times
Reputation: 1700

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Nah. I say we should keep posting and keep it alive. It's important for people to see how social conservatives really think.
But gay rights are not a social issue..... they are a civil rights issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-05-2012, 04:55 PM
 
Location: The Other California
4,255 posts, read 4,710,173 times
Reputation: 1527
Here's more evidence for the record. You can't blame this on "homophobia": San Francisco leads in rising syphillis rates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,614 posts, read 16,381,997 times
Reputation: 6343
I'm sorry to bust liberals bubbles here but the life expectancy for homosexual males is shorter than it is for heterosexual males. Gay agenda proponents have been working hard to disprove this for nearly 20 years the best they've been able to do is to whine that the sample sizes are too small.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque, NM
13,293 posts, read 12,754,705 times
Reputation: 6633
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
he's talking about health statistics.

And he's not wrong.
How do you know?

Or is this a case of believing what you want to believe?

Kind of disgusting to wish that people would die based upon whom they are attracted to.

Who Would Jesus Want To Die?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 04:55 PM
 
17,297 posts, read 25,645,113 times
Reputation: 8567
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Jim Wallace makes the case that in countries where same sex marriage is allowed, it has done nothing to lower the statistical rates of drug abuse and suicide among homosexuals.

Then someone else said in the article that acceptance of homosexuals is what will curb the rates of suicide and drug abuse.

Bla bla bla. And black people have shorter lives and higher incidence of out of wedlock babis than white people, yet we don't disallow blacks from marrying.




Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem
Acceptance means compliance and equating same sex relationships as equal to heterosexual relationships, and that's not something some people are willing to grant.

Homosexuality shouldn't be encouraged in a healthy society.

Yeah, well, we have to listen to women like yourself insert themselves as "equals" in this debate among men, do we not?

Somehow we've managed to get along, even though you will never, ever, ever be seen as an "equal" by virtue of the fact that you don't have testicles. And by people such as the OP, nonetheless, who thinks your place is in the kitchen and pregnant.


So, carry on, sweetie. It's so cute when you try to debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Reputation: 7739
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Then provide a counter-argument. The article makes some factual assertions and provides some data. Is it factually incorrect?
Ha. You just responded to another poster by doing nothing other than make fun of his spelling errors, and now you're asking for a counter-argument?

I don't want to waste a lot of time arguing with you, but the first problem with the conclusion is that you're comparing same-sex married couples (both male and female) to gay men who have been single all their lives. Right there, you fail. I'd love you to take your argument to a statistics teacher. You'd be laughed out of the classroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque, NM
13,293 posts, read 12,754,705 times
Reputation: 6633
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm sorry to bust liberals bubbles here but the life expectancy for homosexual males is shorter than it is for heterosexual males. Gay agenda proponents have been working hard to disprove this for nearly 20 years the best they've been able to do is to whine that the sample sizes are too small.
The life expectancy for men is lower than that for women.

I guess that is proof that we should only allow same-sex female to female marriages, right?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,614 posts, read 16,381,997 times
Reputation: 6343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
What data were those? I didn't see any studies cited.
Here's one:
The Health Risks of Gay Sex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Reputation: 7739
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Here's more evidence for the record. You can't blame this on "homophobia": San Francisco leads in rising syphillis rates
And heterosexuals kill a million unborn babies every year in the United States alone.

Heterosexuals must be terrible people. We shouldn't let them get married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 04:59 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
9,033 posts, read 8,714,481 times
Reputation: 5665
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Jim Wallace makes the case that in countries where same sex marriage is allowed, it has done nothing to lower the statistical rates of drug abuse and suicide among homosexuals.
Without anything resembling proof.

But:

Same-sex marriage boosts gay men's health, study suggests - HealthPop - CBS News

http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi...PH.2011.300384
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top