Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:29 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,115 times

Advertisements

Ever increasingly the Republican party is becoming more and more anti-intellectual. The party has moved so far to the right that not only have they not noticed the shift, but they are supporting more and more politicians who disagree with what the majority of the scientific community knows to be true. Even on this board the right constantly rejects proven ideas.

Two of the many articles talking about the ignoring of facts:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/29/op...t-science.html

Anti-Intellectualism Runs Rampant in the Republican Party

Old 09-05-2012, 11:33 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
When GOP leaders accuse Satan and Communists of taking over our educational system, this is what happens.

Plus the GOP is targeting people who refer to the 7th grade as their senior year.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:38 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
Ever increasingly the Republican party is becoming more and more anti-intellectual. The party has moved so far to the right that not only have they not noticed the shift, but they are supporting more and more politicians who disagree with what the majority of the scientific community knows to be true. Even on this board the right constantly rejects proven ideas.

All I know is that George Orwell's 1984 is begging to be read again, if only to compare the fictional dystopia with the one personified by the GOP today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
When GOP leaders accuse Satan and Communists of taking over our educational system, this is what happens.

Plus the GOP is targeting people who refer to the 7th grade as their senior year.
Now that was a knee slapper.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:39 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Right wingers are just stupid, and often times mentally ill.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:40 PM

371 posts, read 443,409 times
Politics is kind of like driving... the slower you are, the further you move to the right.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:40 PM

489 posts, read 621,547 times
Quote:

I don't know that the Demoratic party is a hotbed of intellectualism, either. I sure haven't been bowled over by the great thoughts emanating from speakers at the DNC so far . There are some smart people on either side....and there are lots of dumb ones. Neither side has a monopoly on smarts or on stupid!

As to your links.....I think you are dealing with serious bias in both of them. I can't take either of them seriously.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:43 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
I don't know..... judging by the first 6 posts..... a great case can be made that Democrat voters are at about the 5th grade level of intelligence and maturity

Looks like the Republicans have met their match when it comes to stupid people

Old 09-05-2012, 11:44 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:

If being ignorant works to get votes, Republicans will keep acting that way. But much of the political problems in this country can be traced to voters putting such people, some of them Democrats, into office, not the office holders themselves. No wonder some people feel that voters should be able to pass a basic intelligence test before being qualified to vote.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:44 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
I don't know..... judging by the first 6 posts..... a great case can be made that Democrat voters are at about the 5th grade level of intelligence and maturity

Looks like the Republicans have met their match when it comes to stupid people
Speak of the devil. Your ears must have been ringing when I typed my first post

Old 09-05-2012, 11:45 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
I don't know that the Demoratic party is a hotbed of intellectualism, either. I sure haven't been bowled over by the great thoughts emanating from speakers at the DNC so far . There are some smart people on either side....and there are lots of dumb ones. Neither side has a monopoly on smarts or on stupid!

As to your links.....I think you are dealing with serious bias in both of them. I can't take either of them seriously.
While you are certainly correct that neither 'side' has a monopoly on brains or the functionally brain-dead, it is notable how one has adopted the groupthink that selectively rejects aspects of science, mathematics, history, religious teachings, and biology when it suits the party agenda.

It is both remarkable in scope and horrifying to observe from the outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies