U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 10:55 AM

2,512 posts, read 2,700,155 times

Advertisements

When it comes down to it, the future will naturally be less racist as the older voting blocks of both sides of the political isle die off, and that includes both the racists and race-card pullers. Are there racial undertones to this election? Sure. Is the election about race? I do not believe it is. It's about values, beliefs, and the ability to leave the power of choice to the individual.

Case in point: The large, multi-national corporation I work for is much a reflection of the stereotypical make-up of the country: half men, almost outnumbered by an equal number of women, a few blacks, several Hispanics (they outnumber blacks), and we have both weaker and stronger personality types and talents across the board. Some work harder, others slack in their work. Power at the top is Boomer white males with an increasing number of women and at least one Asian, and the international arms are made up of all kinds: Indians, for one example. This is the future. These will be companies many citizens will work for in the future, and as the make-up of America changes, I would imagine this will also be seen in the small business arena. (The man who cut my hair on a trip to Chicago was an Egyptian immigrant, who, in fact, didn't disagree with me when we talked about the decline of America being the loss of manufacturing.) When my company couldn't get a few things done locally due to local laws, they set up separate operations in another state. Another example: One day, while on break, an individual cracked a racist joke without knowing there was a black employee in the vicinity. This was reported to management and the joke-cracker, who was a relatively good worker, was promptly fired.

The current crop of Democrats are fighting against a tide that has long since passed with social ideas of the past. Whiners are going to whine. Blacks (and all people) who take advantage of the opportunities presented to them are getting ahead. End of story. Black conservatives like Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams are showing up in my local paper that caters to the mostly-white city of mine. Black conservatives, we need you.

* While the above post is the 100% opinion of C-D's budgetlord, I will add a few articles for reference:

----

"Black Conservatives Make Their Voices Heard After Poll Shows Romney Support Among African-Americans at Zero Percent"

Black Conservatives Speak Up After NBC/WSJ Poll Shows Romney Black Support at Zero Percent | TheBlaze.com

Twitter: Black Conservatives for Romney

https://twitter.com/?tw_i=2384511916...tivesForRomney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies