U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 AM

41,492 posts, read 51,354,718 times

Advertisements

Without debt we have no money. Without money we have no spending. Without spending we have no manufacturing. Without manufacturing we have no jobs. Without jobs all we have is debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 02:31 AM

5,924 posts, read 2,832,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $16,000,000,000,000+ View Post
The total debt the wild spending idiots in Washington accumulated on my behalf now totals $136,260. The same goes for every household in the country. While I don't remember requesting them to put money on my credit card, the bill is there. I'm tired of having this weight on my shoulders. I'd like to pay it off. How do I go about paying off my balance and canceling the card?
(D) Jimmy Carter had very small deficits/debt growth.
http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

(R) Ronald Reagan tripled our national debt. Reagan created huge deficits/debt growth by doing supply side tax cuts (tax cuts for the rich), these tax cuts decreased our governments revenues, created deficits, and grew our debt.
Reaganomics [ushistory.org]

(D) Bill Clinton reversed Reagan's tax policies and balanced our federal budget (Clinton stopped our debt growth.)

(R) GW Bush lowered rich peoples tax rates, this decreased government revenues, and grew our national debt. He also attacked Iraq for nothing adding $900 billion dollars in war costs to our debt.
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

(D) B. Obama has cut GW Bush's debt growth rate in 1/2. Bush handed Obama a debt with a 15.9% growth rate, and Obama brought our debt growth rate down to 7.8%.

Democrats also spend less money than republicans. And B. Obama has reduced government spending more than any president in the last 60 years.
http://b-i.forbesimg.com/rickungar/f...63312_ME11.jpg
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

You should have said "the wild spending (republican) idiots in Washington."

Just be glad Mitt Romney did not get elected because he would have added $6.6 trillion dollars to our national debt with the following tax cut for the rich package.

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Last edited by chad3; 08-09-2014 at 03:00 AM..

Old 08-09-2014, 02:48 AM

4,923 posts, read 4,091,285 times
$16,000,000,000,000+, while you were away and while everyone was trying their best to make excuses for Obama .. the 'debt' went to $17,000,000,000,000

(Time to up your user name!)

Old 08-09-2014, 06:35 AM

2,777 posts, read 3,029,173 times
This is a year old, so it's much higher now:

University of California Study: National Debt Is Really $70 Trillion

Quote:
James Hamilton, an economics professor at the University of California, San Diego, just published his best estimate of the federal government’s “off-balance-sheet” liabilities, in which he concludes that the real national debt, popularly estimated to be $16.9 trillion, is in fact more than four times larger: $70.086 trillion. This is because of decisions to leave out certain unfunded liabilities when the national debt is counted.
Before you call BS, remember the USGOV is not bound by any normal accounting ethics/laws/conventions.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:57 AM

36,835 posts, read 16,078,499 times
Quote:
The total debt the wild spending idiots in Washington accumulated on my behalf now totals $136,260. The same goes for every household in the country. While I don't remember requesting them to put money on my credit card, the bill is there. I'm tired of having this weight on my shoulders. I'd like to pay it off. How do I go about paying off my balance and canceling the card?
" the wild spending idiots in Washington' How many did you vote for?

Old 08-09-2014, 01:20 PM

8,879 posts, read 3,929,136 times
Quote:
Send in that much in cash or check as Federal taxes and you've cancelled that much national debt.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:22 PM

8,803 posts, read 7,577,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You've received services from that debt. So we are still going to have to pay for the services received.
You mean taxes weren't enough to pay for those services?

Old 08-09-2014, 06:17 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,769,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
(D) Jimmy Carter had very small deficits/debt growth.

(R) Ronald Reagan tripled our national debt. Reagan created huge deficits/debt growth by doing supply side tax cuts (tax cuts for the rich), these tax cuts decreased our governments revenues, created deficits, and grew our debt.
Reaganomics [ushistory.org]

(D) Bill Clinton reversed Reagan's tax policies and balanced our federal budget (Clinton stopped our debt growth.)

(R) GW Bush lowered rich peoples tax rates, this decreased government revenues, and grew our national debt. He also attacked Iraq for nothing adding $900 billion dollars in war costs to our debt.
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

(D) B. Obama has cut GW Bush's debt growth rate in 1/2. Bush handed Obama a debt with a 15.9% growth rate, and Obama brought our debt growth rate down to 7.8%.

Democrats also spend less money than republicans. And B. Obama has reduced government spending more than any president in the last 60 years.
http://b-i.forbesimg.com/rickungar/f...63312_ME11.jpg
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

You should have said "the wild spending (republican) idiots in Washington."

Just be glad Mitt Romney did not get elected because he would have added $6.6 trillion dollars to our national debt with the following tax cut for the rich package.

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

^^Isn't it amazing no one talks about Iraq, Afghanistan, the billions$$$$ spent and wasted and the millions killed for nothing.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:24 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,285,327 times
When you find a Tea Partier complaining about the deficit you will find someone sucking off at least three or more gubbermint teats.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:27 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,054,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
^^Isn't it amazing no one talks about Iraq, Afghanistan, the billions$$$$ spent and wasted and the millions killed for nothing.
the war on Iraq

the war in Afghanistan

the 76 year war on weed

the war on the middle class

all the mula the us gives to other countries

the billions spent on treating and housing illegal immigrants..

the billions spent on sending none violent people to prison, mostly small drug possession like pot smokers etc..

the list could go on forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or