U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:26 AM

32,552 posts, read 16,651,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
So you run to the Pravda on the Hudson (NYT) and run back here with Nate the avowed and open lefty's unbiased tripe!?
Nate Silver nailed the 2008 and 2010 elections with his models. But if you feel better disregarding a source with a good track record because you don't like his leanings, far be it from me to ask you to live in a fact-based universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 09:26 AM

13,293 posts, read 12,802,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, it pretty much deserves to be mocked. You and yours ahve breathlessly announced that now, this time, OK, but this time for sure - in fact, any time now - the big beautiful bundle of facts that will undo Obama is sure to be uncovered. Hillary Clinton's team, or Breitbart, or Donald Trump, or Jeorme Corsi or Arpaio - it will happen. Or, if not this time, then next time. It really is like watching Wile E. Coyote open the latest ACME Co. box.

So - pardon me for being skeptical.

And I'm looking forward to the book.
Actually, it reminds me of this guy

*Disclaimer: I didn't, and will not, vote for Obama

Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 AM

13,938 posts, read 19,163,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
REALLY? REALLY?

you have to ask?

I think Rush has a poll that he is releasing today .. I'll come back later with the results.
Umm, not really the same thing there. Nate doesn't run polls, he provides analysis on polls and other data which he feeds into a model that churns out a prediction.

So, again I ask, what does Nate's political leanings have to do with the reliability of his work?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 AM

5,152 posts, read 7,223,871 times
I read both The Daily Beast and Kudlow's opinion. I've already put a hold on the book at the library.
President Obama takes a back seat to George W. Bush wheni it comes to arrogance. President Obama's victory in the 2008 in a landslide. Bush earned barely half the votes in 2004 and yet acted like he had a mandate to do whatever he chose. That's my definition of arrogance.
The President states "If it works, we don't care whose idea it is" and Eric Cantor passes out a draft that contains only Repub proposals. The section on Biden and Cantor should be very interesting. Good to know that during meetings with Obama chewed nicorette and drank iced while Boehner smoked and OMG drank Merlot. I thought only liberals drank Merlot.

Quote from George W. Bush:
"I earned capital in the campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it. It is my style."
What is "political capital," anyway? - Slate Magazine

Old 09-07-2012, 09:49 AM

10,336 posts, read 10,360,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I read both The Daily Beast and Kudlow's opinion. I've already put a hold on the book at the library.
President Obama takes a back seat to George W. Bush wheni it comes to arrogance. President Obama's victory in the 2008 in a landslide. Bush earned barely half the votes in 2004 and yet acted like he had a mandate to do whatever he chose. That's my definition of arrogance.
The President states "If it works, we don't care whose idea it is" and Eric Cantor passes out a draft that contains only Repub proposals. The section on Biden and Cantor should be very interesting. Good to know that during meetings with Obama chewed nicorette and drank iced while Boehner smoked and OMG drank Merlot. I thought only liberals drank Merlot.

Quote from George W. Bush:
"I earned capital in the campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it. It is my style."
What is "political capital," anyway? - Slate Magazine
He spent all of the political capital and then spent everyone else's as well.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:04 PM

20,333 posts, read 9,877,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
... and yes he did tell that to my former neighbor and some other students.
did you hear that directly from the other students or is this another claim of your former neighbor?

Quote:
Heresay, but when a lot of people are making the same heresay claims, don't you think it ought to be looked into.
exactly which claims?

Quote:
I am not claiming i am telling you what my former neighbor claims.
but now the claims are contradicting themselves. first you claimed ( in another thread ) that your former neighbor said that he was told by obama that he was born in kenya. now you claim that your former neighbor said that he was told by obama that his father was an "african prince". since kenya has no monarchy it would seem unlikely for someone to advance both claims without getting called out on it.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:19 PM

4,923 posts, read 4,095,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Umm, not really the same thing there. Nate doesn't run polls, he provides analysis on polls and other data which he feeds into a model that churns out a prediction.

So, again I ask, what does Nate's political leanings have to do with the reliability of his work?
Are you people for real?

What does working for the mouthpiece of the lefties and America's Pravda have to do with the Silver Tripe?

Honesty is not one of their salient points.

If I ain't looking over Silver's shoulder as he's 'tabulating' all the Liberal Polls .. I ain't believing .. even Your lying eyes!

Old 09-07-2012, 01:20 PM

15,737 posts, read 9,259,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
If Barack Obama is gay, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell.

Please provide proof that he is gay.
I'm sorry, but using Liberal-logic, it's up to Barry to prove he's not.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:24 PM

8,287 posts, read 7,530,330 times
Will this book finally reveal that super super secret, super special, for-Donald-Trump's-eyes-only information that Trump was supposedly going to reveal to us at the RNC? I'm dying to know what that was!!!!

Old 09-07-2012, 01:24 PM

4,923 posts, read 4,095,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Nate Silver nailed the 2008 and 2010 elections with his models. But if you feel better disregarding a source with a good track record because you don't like his leanings, far be it from me to ask you to live in a fact-based universe.
#ell .. I and about 200 million others nailed those elections!

I didn't even have to dust off my crystal ball to do it!

Magic Negro 2008 was a no-brainer and 2010 only surprised you lefties!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or