U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:43 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,357,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post

H.J. Heinz died in 1919...

You don't happen to work for the Romney campaign, do you?
I'm talking about Senator Heinz.. who died in 1991, when I said original I meant Mrs Kerry's husband..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 08:43 PM

1,643 posts, read 1,594,928 times
Neocons dont like smart guys like John Kerry. Mr. Kerry served his nation in combat, then when he didnt like what he saw..spoke out. That is a real American, fight for your rights, then speak your mind. Instead the cons look up to the chickenhawk draft dodgers, and denegrate real war heros like Max ClelanD, John Kerry, Tammy Duckworth, and Gray Davis.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:46 PM

22,392 posts, read 11,528,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Neocons dont like smart guys like John Kerry. Mr. Kerry served his nation in combat, then when he didnt like what he saw..spoke out. That is a real American, fight for your rights, then speak your mind. Instead the cons look up to the chickenhawk draft dodgers, and denegrate real war heros like Max ClelanD, John Kerry, Tammy Duckworth, and Gray Davis.
Yes, of course.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:48 PM

2,931 posts, read 1,908,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Oh, get over the McCarthy era COMMUNIST! BS!

Jane did nothing compared to the scumbags like LBJ, McNamara, and Nixon who created possibly the biggest foreign policy clusterf**k in US history.
But did LBJ, McNamara, or Nixon ever have their picture taken occupying a Communist anti-aircraft gun while looking for the "blue-eyed enemy"?

McCarthy my ass? McCarty only looked for communists,....Hanoi Jane was a communist sympathizer and a traitor to her fellow Americans.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:49 PM

77,957 posts, read 33,265,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Nobody denegrate's Kerry for serving his country. They denegrate him for lying about his service and more recently trying to avoid paying his taxes while arguing for higher taxes for others.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 PM

3,712 posts, read 3,860,563 times
Fonda stood next to anti-aircraft guns, which the North Vietnamese placed next to hospitals and schools, that shot down and killed Americans. What she did was inexcusable.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,421,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A fish rots from the head, Kerry's actions were nothing compared to the malfeasance of LBJ, McNamara, Nixon, et al who betrayed the publiuc trust and were never punished for it.
No doubt about it, and I agree. That however does not change the fact that Kerry is a lying dirt bag of a human being.
Because some bank robbers shoot hostages doesn't make me a good guy if I only threaten to do it. kerry told stories to gain himself political favor. Men who served with him contested Kerry's version of events. That is what my issues are with John Kerry. You don't slander your fellow vets unless you can back it up and can show that you tried to stop what you alleged to have seen. he then changed his story from witnessed to heard about it. Small difference he was still compelled to act upon it and failed to do so.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:53 PM

21,867 posts, read 21,995,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Mitt Romney was in Paris -having avoided the draft with massive amounts of help from Dad...
I'm curious... How did Mitt's dad help him avoid the draft?

Old 09-06-2012, 08:55 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,421,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Then Kerry insults our soldiers in Iraq:

You know, education ó if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you donít, you get stuck in Iraq. ---John (The Ketchup Prince) Kerry
No college educated officers over there? No college educated enlisted? None served because they felt the call to duty? Only rejects? Right, Gotcha.
Ask a doctor what he thinks of Naval doctors. I'll tell you what mine said. They are some of the most highly trained and skilled doctors anywhere.
Kerry is a sack of dung.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:56 PM

5,280 posts, read 3,485,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
He made statements to the fact that he saw such deeds. Later he recanted. When did he recant? When the political climate changed. He slandered his fellow vets to gain political favor, then attempted to recant years after the fact.
Whish is it? Did he witness / hear about said misdeeds or not? At any rate either way he would have been compelled by the UCMJ to report it. He didn't report it. Either way he is slime.
That he did not report it at the time does not mean it did not occur. This is a bit like arguing that because a woman did not report abuse of her children at the time, the abuse must not have occurred. After all, she has a legal responsibility to report such abuse. Brilliant logic.

Contrary to your contention, my guess is that Kerry recanted because we have an inordinate number of people in this country whose emotions are so invested in our war machine that striking anything but a fawning posture towards the military complex is seen as unpatriotic and unappreciative. How many places in this country can you come forward and contend that the military inevitably begets a certain percentage of sociopathic, sadistic degenerates who prey upon foreign civilian populations? Yeah, that goes over real well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies