Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm curious... How did Mitt's dad help him avoid the draft?
At least Mitt had the honor to not go the Ted Nugent route. You know, that great friend of the military complex. Can you blame Ted? He might not have been able to fornicate with 15 year-olds had they shipped him off to Vietnam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 09:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
That he did not report it at the time does not mean it did not occur. This is a bit like arguing that because a woman did not report abuse of her children at the time, the abuse must not have occurred. After all, she has a legal responsibility to report such abuse. Brilliant logic.

Contrary to your contention, my guess is that Kerry recanted because we have an inordinate number of people in this country whose emotions are so invested in our war machine that striking anything but a fawning posture towards the military complex is seen as unpatriotic and unappreciative. How many places in this country can you come forward and contend that the military inevitably begets a certain percentage of sociopathic, sadistic degenerates who prey upon foreign civilian populations? Yeah, that goes over real well.
Did you ever serve?
Because he didnt report means he was inviolation of the UCMJ. In otherwords he became a willing partner in the crime. That is how the UCMJ works.
The fact he recanted also came about with the change of the political climate. It was no longer popular to beat up on vets. He recanted because he likes being a professional liar.
I would review the crime rate within the military as opposed to the nation. I am fairly certain the crime rate is much lower.
I served 12 years and was in combat, a lot of combat. Like Kerry 3 purple hearts. Unlike him mine were not small scratches. I never witnessed nor heard about criminal activity. It happens to be sure. Considering the number of troops in a war and the fact they are representative of our society you will get a few scum bags in the mix.
Not many because most scum bags prefer crime over honest work or duty.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:04 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Neocons dont like smart guys like John Kerry. Mr. Kerry served his nation in combat, then when he didnt like what he saw..spoke out. That is a real American, fight for your rights, then speak your mind. Instead the cons look up to the chickenhawk draft dodgers, and denegrate real war heros like Max ClelanD, John Kerry, Tammy Duckworth, and Gray Davis.
GW Bush had a higher GPA than Kerry. Check it out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kerry-bush-gw-CA2MTTD8.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	100706

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
But did LBJ, McNamara, or Nixon ever have their picture taken occupying a Communist anti-aircraft gun while looking for the "blue-eyed enemy"?

McCarthy my ass? McCarty only looked for communists,....Hanoi Jane was a communist sympathizer and a traitor to her fellow Americans.

Name:	kerrythCA9LKT0K.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	100707

Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Just to keep things straight In 1968 John Kerry was in Vietnam.

Mitt Romney was in Paris -having avoided the draft with massive amounts of help from Dad- knocking on doors trying to convince French citizens to become Mormons.

I wonder if they met in 1970 when Kerry was in Paris meeting with Viet Cong representatives.

John Kerry FBI Files - Military Records - CIA Files

Old 09-06-2012, 09:17 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I wonder if they met in 1970 when Kerry was in Paris meeting with Viet Cong representatives.

John Kerry FBI Files - Military Records - CIA Files
Just glad they never had a child.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:22 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
"Career politician"

Hmmmmnn, I've never seen a more perfect description of Mitt Romney.
Really? Are we talking about the same Mitt Romney? The one who was born in 1947 and was elected to the his first political office (Governor of Massachusetts) in 2002. The one who never even ran for a political office until 1994, at age 47. That's the guy you feel is perfectly described as a career politician?

Old 09-06-2012, 09:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Really? Are we talking about the same Mitt Romney? The one who was born in 1947 and was elected to the his first political office (Governor of Massachusetts) in 2002. The one who never even ran for a political office until 1994, at age 47. That's the guy you feel is perfectly described as a career politician?
The same guy that eliminated a 1.6 billion dollar debt in mass? He has my vote the alternative is simply unthinkable.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:25 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
John Kerry ...was that the guy who got a Purple Heart for getting a piece of rice embedded in his ass?
Silver Star, Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts.

He still carries shrapnel in his thigh. He also saved the life of a Green Beret named James Rassman.

And you've served your country how? (I'll wait while you look up the Green Berets.)

Old 09-06-2012, 09:26 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Ignore him, he also thinks Obama is a good President. The short bus will be picking him up in the morning.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:27 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
did you ever serve?
Because he didnt report means he was inviolation of the ucmj. In otherwords he became a willing partner in the crime. That is how the ucmj works.
The fact he recanted also came about with the change of the political climate. It was no longer popular to beat up on vets. He recanted because he likes being a professional liar.
I would review the crime rate within the military as opposed to the nation. I am fairly certain the crime rate is much lower.
I served 12 years and was in combat, a lot of combat. Like kerry 3 purple hearts. Unlike him mine were not small scratches. I never witnessed nor heard about criminal activity. It happens to be sure. Considering the number of troops in a war and the fact they are representative of our society you will get a few scum bags in the mix.
Not many because most scum bags prefer crime over honest work or duty.

Name:	kerry-thCA5L5NFF.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	100709
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies