U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What vision of America do you support?
America is coming back as per Obama/Biden 51 62.20%
America is in decline as per Romney/Ryan 31 37.80%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:31 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,354,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Well, "doom and gloom and America in decline" is the path we are on. Our only HOPE is that we can CHANGE presidents.

If you were one of the 23 million Americans looking for work, you wouldn't be too upbeat.
Well I am upbeat because I believe in the possibilities of America. The Democratic party reflects that in their convention. The GOP didn't show that they believe in America. All they believe in is politics. All they have to offer was doom and gloom. That is why I am voting straight Democratic this Fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 08:34 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,628,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Well I am upbeat because I believe in the possibilities of America. The Democratic party reflects that in their convention. The GOP didn't show that they believe in America. All they believe in is politics. All they have to offer was doom and gloom. That is why I am voting straight Democratic this Fall.
Seemed to me when Obama was talking last night it was about HIM!!!

14,330 posts, read 19,509,578 times
Default Obama's view is superior as always

What Republicans complain about under President Obama, they sat idly by picking their noses in utter silence when Bush was in office. It is quite telling.

While Bush was turning a SURPLUS into a record deficit, Republicans said nothing about the national debt.

While Bush was engaged in a BLACK HOLE OF SPENDING, Republicans said nothing about cutting that spending.

While Bush was causing every domestic category to fall into crisis mode, Pubs said nothing.

While Bush was mismanaging two unnecessary wars, Pubs said nothing about leadership.

While Bush was decimating the hell out of this economy to nation-build abroad, Pubs said nothing.

When Bush lied to go to war, Pubs and the religious Right said nothing. Even supported him for reelection.

Now,

In trying to deceive the American public that we should go back to a worse version of Bush under Romney, these past four years have seen a different agenda. Ignore the role that Republicans in Congress have played to prevent President Obama from doing something they know he is very much capable of doing without their obstruction, and that is TO COMPLETE RESUSCITATE THIS COUNTRY FROM THE DUBYA DARK AGES.

To recap the role of Republicans in this country the past 20 years.
2008-2012 - Worthless, neanderthal obstructionists. Romney/Ryan are two pretenders.
2000-2008 - Horrific BUSH years whose negative effects we're still trying to recover from.
1992-2000 - Democrat Bill Clinton. Pure success. Republicans proven to be wrong and worthless

I'm sticking with the always superior view of the Dems. To hell with the hapless Right and their ridiculous bigoted agenda.

20,310 posts, read 19,430,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Words mean nothing.......... Obama's actions are screaming. Solyndra!!!!!!!! Chevy Volt!!!!!! Bombed Libya!!!! Now trying to get us into Syria!!!! Loud and clear.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:35 AM

3,644 posts, read 3,504,204 times
Obama/Biden 2012

Old 09-07-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
What Republicans complain about under President Obama, they sat idly by picking their noses in utter silence when Bush was in office. It is quite telling.

While Bush was turning a SURPLUS into a record deficit, Republicans said nothing about the national debt.

While Bush was engaged in a BLACK HOLE OF SPENDING, Republicans said nothing about cutting that spending.

While Bush was causing every domestic category to fall into crisis mode, Pubs said nothing.

While Bush was mismanaging two unnecessary wars, Pubs said nothing about leadership.

While Bush was decimating the hell out of this economy to nation-build abroad, Pubs said nothing.

When Bush lied to go to war, Pubs and the religious Right said nothing. Even supported him for reelection.

Now,

In trying to deceive the American public that we should go back to a worse version of Bush under Romney, these past four years have seen a different agenda. Ignore the role that Republicans in Congress have played to prevent President Obama from doing something they know he is very much capable of doing without their obstruction, and that is TO COMPLETE RESUSCITATE THIS COUNTRY FROM THE DUBYA DARK AGES.

2008-2012 - Worthless, neanderthal obstructionists. Romney/Ryan are two pretenders.
2000-2008 - Horrific BUSH years whose negative effects we're still trying to recover from.
1992-2000 - Democrat Bill Clinton. Pure success. Republicans proven to be wrong and worthless

I'm sticking with the always superior view of the Dems. To hell with the hapless Right and their ridiculous bigoted agenda.
You seem to forget all the help he had from the democrats. The wars were bipartisan........
Obama doubled the debt. Obama 540 million to solyndra

Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Obama/Biden 2012
2013 Obama/ Biden join the millions they put in the unemployment line.
2013 Obama/ Biden laugh all the way to the bank and all those they made unemployed will wonder who elected a novice and and a drunk.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Seemed to me when Obama was talking last night it was about HIM!!!
You obviously didn't watch the speech or just followed the reviews on the Republican network, fox news.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

Now,

OMG, I wish I could rep you again. Thanks!

Old 09-07-2012, 08:43 AM

4,283 posts, read 3,725,236 times
Wow! The Bush era was sooooo bad that it will take 15 Democratic administrations just to fix it. If our cars had the mileage the Dems are squeazing out of W, then we would have no oil crisis. Listening to the Dems complain about the Republicans is like the "heads" side of the crap coin telling the "tails" side that they suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies