U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 09:39 AM

29,409 posts, read 20,570,505 times

Advertisements

I guess the democrats attitude that women are stupid is backfiring big time..........

"Just 47% of registered voters in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll see Obama favorably overall, down 7 percentage points from his recent peak in April, while 49% rate him unfavorably. He’s numerically underwater in this group for the first time since February.
The decline has occurred entirely among women registered voters – from 57%-39% favorable-unfavorable in April to a numerically negative 46%-50% now. That’s Obama’s lowest score among women voters – a focus of recent political positioning – in ABC/Post polls since he took office."

Obama vs Romney Polls: Obama Tanks Among Women and Independents
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 09:47 AM

4,295 posts, read 4,095,672 times
I think it's working better than you think. The Republican Party, did this to themselves, they managed to alienate such a huge percentage of the populace that they can't beat a guy who has alienated an almost equal percentage of the populace. They just couldn't leave social issues alone. They just couldn't end the wars. They just couldn't actually prove to be fiscally responsible, or even understand the Fed's effect on the economy. Don't blame us when you don't get elected.. blame yourselves.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:03 AM

I guess dropping in favorability from 57% in April when the "war started" to 46% now is working better than I think?? No wonder democrats are the party of failure.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:09 AM

10,092 posts, read 7,639,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I guess dropping in favorability from 57% in April when the "war started" to 46% now is working better than I think?? No wonder democrats are the party of failure.
I think I'd take the polls a whole lot more seriously starting at the end of this month. Lots of people are just now starting to pay attention.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:04 AM

Translation.........you'll wait until you can find a poll that shows better numbers for Obama. Well good luck.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:17 AM

10,092 posts, read 7,639,149 times
Quote:
Translation.........you'll wait until you can find a poll that shows better numbers for Obama. Well good luck.
So by your logic, that means you think that the polls are going to be more in Obama's favor as we get closer to the election?

You obviously have a hard time sorting out information, so you'd best leave your "translations" to someone else until you get that skill nailed down first. My point--no matter which side you support--is that the polls become more and more accurate the closer you get to the election. We haven't even see the polling bounce from the D convention yet--it's meaningless to look at polls until that's over and things have leveled out. Lets get a debate or two under our belts until we jump to conclusions either way...

Old 09-07-2012, 11:17 AM

42,727 posts, read 27,491,578 times
Quote:
KU, you need to do some more research.

No one claims that a "war started" in April.

There are books going back decades that use the phrase "war against women".

While I don't think there is a "war against women" or "class warfare" or any other "warfare" going on, I think we are on the cusp of profound changes in our culture, and that social change is always a struggle.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
So by your logic, that means you think that the polls are going to be more in Obama's favor as we get closer to the election?

You obviously have a hard time sorting out information, so you'd best leave your "translations" to someone else until you get that skill nailed down first. My point--no matter which side you support--is that the polls become more and more accurate the closer you get to the election. We haven't even see the polling bounce from the D convention yet--it's meaningless to look at polls until that's over and things have leveled out. Lets get a debate or two under our belts until we jump to conclusions either way...
What is so hard about sorting out this information. I posted a link to a poll which I bolded the numbers referring to the voting block I am talking about. You seem to be the one with the problem.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
KU, you need to do some more research.

No one claims that a "war started" in April.

There are books going back decades that use the phrase "war against women".

While I don't think there is a "war against women" or "class warfare" or any other "warfare" going on, I think we are on the cusp of profound changes in our culture, and that social change is always a struggle.
The most recent war started around april. The only profound changes Obama and the democrats want is for women to vote for them based on lies. It isn't working.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:51 AM

30,416 posts, read 18,704,630 times
Default The "War on Women" strategy flops. Dems lose.

The Democrats thought they had two winning issues: Birth control and abortion rights. They thought those were the Number One issues on the minds of women in America ... women who vote!

They thought wrong, and in the process have insulted most women, who found Obamas admonishment to "vote your body parts" extremely offensive and demeaning.
"The thinking here apparently was that by highlighting a thirty-year-old law student whining that others should pay her contraceptive costs, emphasizing an unfettered right to abortion, and equal pay for equal work (a convenient code for further feathering trial lawyers nests with dubious claims for parity) and highlighting fluffy issues beloved of the ill-informed, Obama would lock up the women's votes. The Republican "War on Women" was the theme of a convention designed around obscuring the fact that the Democratic standard-bearer had no record to run on, no plan for a second term, and shared the ticket with a crazy person afflicted with logorrhea."

Read more: Articles: The 'War on Women' Backfires
The so-called "gender gap" has all but evaporated. This is good news for Republicans in "swing states." This may well provide the needed surge which creates a landslide victory for Mitt Romney, despite Democrats continued ridiculous efforts to use things like "binders of women" as issues (they only add to women's anger).

This shows that the Democrats have completely misjudged women. They have shown that they believe women are bimbos, who do not know anything about real issues like the economy, never mind that many women handle the family budget, and have to figure out how to feed a family on incomes that have fallen on average $4,000 annually during Obama's term.

They think women aren't concerned when a beloved son is brutally murdered by terrorists in an attack on our Embassy because of this presidents lack of a foreign policy that puts U.S. interests first, but instead facilitates the rise to power of an Islamist organization, the Muslim Brotherhood, directly resulting in the resurgence of al-Qaeda, who now has established a new "beachhead" in Benghazi.

Democrats now find that their faux claim that they are the sole champions of women, has been unmasked, and it is clear to women that the Democrats only wish to use them as pawns. And women have reacted accordingly.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 10-21-2012 at 08:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies