Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:08 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
It seems self serving and detrimental to the American people if you conflate the best interest of the country with the ideas and direction of President Obama. Some people, me included, think that those two are NOT the same, and that if President Obama is successful in implementing his vision for the country, that would be detrimental to us as a nation. His vision seems, and always has seemed, to include a much larger, all controlling government that dictates who the winners and losers will be and which confiscates a larger & larger portion of what citizens earn to support that ever growing bureaucracy. Hoping he fails, working toward minimizing his time in control, is working toward preventing that sort of government, and is therefore in the best interest of the country.
I disagree totally. The POTUS laid it out and his plan is NOT the Bush plan, which Romney has embraced. This boogeyman government is a creation of Goebbels-like propaganda. This country never had people achieving the now elusive American Dream with policies that this right wing radical, what should be a fringe group, that has now permeated our government put forth. America is not based on sociopathic Ayn Rand philosophies. Two wars and tax cuts for the rich? Try to find that in our history...you cannot! A Presidential candidate that hides his money offshore? What a freakin' patriot! Obama is not perfect as no candidate ever is, but his agenda does not include turning the USA into an Oligarchy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 10:15 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,887 times
OMG, If the republicans don't win back the white house, this country will go down the tubes with even greater speed!

Old 09-08-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
OMG, If the republicans don't win back the white house, this country will go down the tubes with even greater speed!
Yes, much better to go back to the $hit heap that was the Utopia of 2000-2008...cause that is what the people that own Romney/Ryan have in mind. Good luck with that!

Old 09-08-2012, 01:38 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Enough to know that whoever did make that up has you hoodwinked and bamboozled.
Your sticking your head in the sand. You voted for him, so you don't want to know the truth. Much of the info in my post is in his own book.

Other info comes from people who knew him (like John Drew). None of it is "fantasy."

Old 09-08-2012, 01:55 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Why would they ignore it? I'm sure they embrace it. If it had been 4 years ago, I could understand your anger. But, 2 years ago, they must have seen how crappy a pres he was. I didn't notice until about a year ago. I am not with a political party, but if I were, my main goal would be to keep obama from getting a second term that he does not deserve. What is wrong with that? Heck, If I were a Democrat I would try to keep obama from getting a second term. Because, after he continues to screw up our country over the next 4 years, there will not be hope of another Dem winning for a long time. With the rant you were having, I thought Mitchell must have said he was going to cut obama's balls off. Such drama.
Amazing to me how anyone decent American could vote for the Republican party. A party where one of it's most prominent members(B-itch McConnell) publically stated that the Republicans goal was to bring down Obama.

It WASN'T

fix the economy

create more jobs

make education affordable

make health care affordable

end wars.

So Republicans IGNORED the economy, jobs, education the war and blocked and filibustered and did everything they could to make Obama AND THIS COUNTRY fail.

They put their party and power ahead of America and Americans ....anyone voting for them is a traitor.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Why would they ignore it? I'm sure they embrace it. If it had been 4 years ago, I could understand your anger. But, 2 years ago, they must have seen how crappy a pres he was. I didn't notice until about a year ago. I am not with a political party, but if I were, my main goal would be to keep obama from getting a second term that he does not deserve. What is wrong with that? Heck, If I were a Democrat I would try to keep obama from getting a second term. Because, after he continues to screw up our country over the next 4 years, there will not be hope of another Dem winning for a long time. With the rant you were having, I thought Mitchell must have said he was going to cut obama's balls off. Such drama.
For your benefit and the benefit of other low information voters...they made this insidious decision before Obama's innauguration...

Quote:
The evening of January 20, 2009 (President Barack Obama’s inauguration day), after attending the swearing in, a group of 15 Republican leaders attended a by-invitation-only dinner meeting in a private dining room of the Caucus Club Restaurant in Washington, DC. The exclusive guest list included the following : Rep. Eric Cantor (R,VA-7), Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R,CA), Rep. Paul Ryan (R,WI), Rep. Pete Sessions (R,TX), Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R,TX), (Ex) Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R,MI), Rep. Dan Lundgren (R,CA) , Sen. Jim DeMint (RSC), Sen. Jon Kyl(R,AZ), Sen.Tom Coburn (R,OK), (Ex) Sen. John Ensign (R,NV), Sen. Bob Corker (R,TN), Fred Barnes (Exec. Editor for the Weekly Standard and Fox News political commentator), Newt Gingrich (former Speaker of the House [R-GA], Fox News political analyst, and 2012 Republican candidate for president), as well as Frank Luntz (conservative communications strategist). A few of the guest’s spouses also attended. Interestingly, Rep. John Boehner did not attend since Mr. Luntz planned it and he and Mr. Boehner didn’t get along.

The dinner meeting’s purpose was to devise a strategy to defeat President Obama and ensure that he wasn’t re-elected. Participants in the 4-hour long dinner agreed to secrecy and decided that they WOULD STOP AT NOTHING in order to regain the White House. At a time when the economy was already deep in recession combined with a banking and housing crisis and we were losing approximately 750,000 jobs a month, Republican leaders came up with the following strategy to regain the White House.

During the four hour meeting:

Paul Ryan and the other senior GOP members plotted to bring Congress to a standstill regardless how much it would hurt the American Economy by pledging to obstruct and block President Obama on all legislation.

Paul Ryan and these other Republican members of Congress were not simply airing their complaints regarding the other party's political platform for four long hours. No, these Republican Congressional Policymakers, who were elected to do 'the People's work' were literally plotting to sabotage, undermine and destroy the U.S. Economy.

Robert Draper Book: GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

Democrats condemn GOP's plot to obstruct Obama as 'appalling and sad' | World news | guardian.co.uk

If you read even one of these links and can still not understand how cutthroat this was to EVERY AMERICAN than you are not capable of making a rational decision before casting a vote.

Do you ever read as opposed to relying on the canned rhetoric? Don't respond if cannot bring yourself to actually read this tale of evil greed and power lust. Really! Don't!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-08-2012 at 03:02 PM..

Old 09-08-2012, 02:31 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Amazing to me how anyone decent American could vote for the Republican party. A party where one of it's most prominent members(B-itch McConnell) publically stated that the Republicans goal was to bring down Obama.

It WASN'T

fix the economy

create more jobs

end wars.

So Republicans IGNORED the economy, jobs, education the war and blocked and filibustered and did everything they could to make Obama AND THIS COUNTRY fail.

They put their party and power ahead of America and Americans ....anyone voting for them is a traitor.

They've also ignored education, the infrastructure, the minimum wage, the environment...pretty much every problem that the country is dealing with. Yet they collect a paycheck, enjoy health insurance that they deem too good for the rest of us, and get to take vacations as the country struggles. Traitors indeed.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:08 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What do you mean?
Originally Posted by Lucario
I can't say I hate many people, but I hate Mitch McConnell. What a poor excuse for a human being.

Do you really believe your insults shows any respect or tolerance?

I posted the ENTIRE quote not a sentence taken out of context and you still post your tripe.

If it has to be explained to you, there is hope.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:18 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Smile Why does the right wing ignore what Mitch McConnell said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Possibly because McConnell is a heinous criminal who will eventually be busted.

For impersonating a turtle.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

It WASN'T

fix the economy

create more jobs

end wars.

Why didn't you say anything about passing a budget so we could stop the credit card kind of business? We both know, don't we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies