Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 02:13 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times

Advertisements

Obviously a spoof.

...to anyone who actually read the article.

I mean, Biden can't be that dumb...can he?

Old 09-07-2012, 02:19 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Oh Joe...

Why does Obama allow you off the farm?

Biden Says Department of Homeland Security Crawling with Lesbians
Nice...Claiming that this is REAL news... The Daily Rash is a satire news magazine that rivals The Onion with it's hilarious stories. www.thedailyrash.com site details - Technorati

Other news from the Daily rash.... WASHINGTON – In an interview with The Huffington Post, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said a Bain Capital investor told him that Mitt Romney wasn’t releasing his tax records because for ten years he didn’t pay a dime in taxes. This afternoon, less than 48 hours since the accusation, Senator Reid told The Daily Rash that he received a call from another Bain Capital investor who told him of the existence of a Mitt Romney sex tape. Now, along with demanding the release of his tax records, Senator Reid is calling for Mitt Romney to release his sex tape. http://www.thedailyrash.com/harry-re...omney-sex-tape

Last edited by sanspeur; 09-07-2012 at 02:27 PM..

Old 09-07-2012, 02:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
I figured as much when every single search was devoid of any link from CBS, and only RW troll sites came up, but I don't doubt for one minute that most people on the right think it's true.

I'm used to fact-checking...my uncle spams me with RW emails (and his hysteria) constantly.
What's wrong with the link in the OP? You don't think old Joe would get that loose on the day after their big party?

Old 09-07-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Nice...Claiming that this is REAL news... The Daily Rash is a satire news magazine that rivals The Onion with it's hilarious stories. www.thedailyrash.com site details - Technorati

Other news from the Daily rash.... WASHINGTON – In an interview with The Huffington Post, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said a Bain Capital investor told him that Mitt Romney wasn’t releasing his tax records because for ten years he didn’t pay a dime in taxes. This afternoon, less than 48 hours since the accusation, Senator Reid told The Daily Rash that he received a call from another Bain Capital investor who told him of the existence of a Mitt Romney sex tape. Now, along with demanding the release of his tax records, Senator Reid is calling for Mitt Romney to release his sex tape. Harry Reid: Bain Investor Told Me There's a Mitt Romney Sex Tape
Is Technorati about as truthful as Media Matters? They don't both emanate from the same place do they?

Old 09-07-2012, 02:35 PM

831 posts, read 680,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Oh Joe...

Why does Obama allow you off the farm?

Biden Says Department of Homeland Security Crawling with Lesbians

I chuckled reading that.. Thanks for the entertainment.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:40 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Other news from the Daily rash.... WASHINGTON – In an interview with The Huffington Post, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said a Bain Capital investor told him that Mitt Romney wasn’t releasing his tax records because for ten years he didn’t pay a dime in taxes. This afternoon, less than 48 hours since the accusation, Senator Reid told The Daily Rash that he received a call from another Bain Capital investor who told him of the existence of a Mitt Romney sex tape. Now, along with demanding the release of his tax records, Senator Reid is calling for Mitt Romney to release his sex tape. Harry Reid: Bain Investor Told Me There's a Mitt Romney Sex Tape
Even if it's satire about Joe Biden... would The Advocate post a news story about Geraldo Rivera that's a lie?

Quote:
On Fox News' Fox and Friends this morning, Geraldo Rivera suggested that Janet Napolitano and a "lesbian cabal" are leading a "same-sex takeover" of the Department of Homeland Security.
WATCH Geraldo Rivera Thinks Homeland Security is Run by Lesbian Cabal | Advocate.com

Old 09-07-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
It's rather puzzling that after several searches on Google, youtube, and CBS.com, I just can't seem to find the actual video footage of this interview or corroboration on CBS's site, like a transcript they themselves published.

Not saying it didn't happen, but does anyone happen to have a link? I'd like to see it.
I just did some googling about this story and picked up some real proof concerning where this story came from. CBS wouldn't broadcast something like that and this link proves it. That is unless the MRC is also the same thing as the Daily Rash. Check out some of the daily things that MRC says about the news and maybe you can prove that.

At any rate, here is a good link about CBS reporting that proves they wouldn't let that one go out.

CBS Parrots Obama Campaign's Own Spin of Biden's Controversial 'Chains' Remark | Media Research Center

Old 09-07-2012, 02:46 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
I figured as much when every single search was devoid of any link from CBS, and only RW troll sites came up, but I don't doubt for one minute that most people on the right think it's true.

I'm used to fact-checking...my uncle spams me with RW emails (and his hysteria) constantly.
Yeah, as a former journalist I'm used to fact-checking as well. What's funny is how much stuff posted on here can be disproved with a simple five minutes searching on Google--like people post something but don't even take the time to look at what they're posting.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:48 PM

33,551 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Obviously a spoof.

...to anyone who actually read the article.

I mean, Biden can't be that dumb...can he?

put y'all in chains.. yes..

Old 09-07-2012, 02:49 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I just did some googling about this story and picked up some real proof concerning where this story came from. CBS wouldn't broadcast something like that and this link proves it. That is unless the MRC is also the same thing as the Daily Rash. Check out some of the daily things that MRC says about the news and maybe you can prove that.

At any rate, here is a good link about CBS reporting that proves they wouldn't let that one go out.

CBS Parrots Obama Campaign's Own Spin of Biden's Controversial 'Chains' Remark | Media Research Center
Roy, that has nothing to do with a satire piece of Joe Biden talking about lesbians. We all already know he said the "chains" remark--it was all over the media.

The story posted by the OP was a fake parody-piece though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies