U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 03:19 PM

1,433 posts, read 993,711 times

Advertisements

I'd say a lot of people want weed/drugs decriminalized. It's not really a party thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 06:27 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,636,498 times
56% Favor Legalizing, Regulating Marijuana - Rasmussen Reports™

Old 09-07-2012, 06:52 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,748,691 times
Because they let it be ilegal and then its hard to stop people omcve adicted. Wiht he deaths alone from smoking and alcohol we don't need more abuse problems that we approve of and have to spend billions because of.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:55 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,412,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
A co-worker of mine had a theory, though its a little bit to close to conspiracy.

Illegal drugs is big money. The cabal's in charge of such big money fund efforts to make these drugs illegal.

My guess:
The right's ties to the Evangelicals and the idea that Goverment should be small but enforce their own perception of morality is prevalent.

I'm with Ron Paul . .thats the direction. If you want to do these drugs, no harm no foul. Though the drug should be legislated/taxed in such a way to recover the medical impact.

and corporations should be free to fire you at will, if you are taking a "cosmetic" drug such as Meth or Marijuana.

Gave this a positive as I agree with part of the middle part "If you want to do these drugs, no harm, no foul".

I've never seem MJ called a cosmetic drug & wonder what it means? I think it's more likely to make people beautiful on the inside than on the outside. Employers are shooting themselves in the foot if they won't hire the 50 million MJ users in USA. MJ users have less sick days. If MJ users not hired, then they are more likely to hire alcohol & tobacco users & have increased health costs. Also, the labor pool is smaller, if 50 million MJ users are not hired, so mimimum pay must be higher. The govt tells employers if you don't hire & fire MJ users, we'll help you pay employees health insurance. Still not a good deal!

MJ does not cause death or sickness. Medical impact could only be slowness or errors on job, not needing a doctor & hope employers learn more. Give the driving & forklift jobs to employees not using MJ, or have them tested at start of workday. Best wishes.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:14 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,412,528 times
Default "Marijuana" doesn't kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Because they let it be ilegal and then its hard to stop people omcve adicted. Wiht he deaths alone from smoking and alcohol we don't need more abuse problems that we approve of and have to spend billions because of.

Alcohol kills 100,000-150,000 a year, tobacco 400,000-500,000 a year, pills taken as directed 125,000 per year, food 400,000 a year, MJ 0, other illegal drugs 15,000 a year. Cannabis ("marijuana") has 126 medical uses where it sometimes works better than pills. Gary Johnson (presidential candidate) is a health nut and extreme athlete who used MJ 3 years for pain after falling 50' with broken bones:back, rib, leg. He could have had operation(s) & highly addictive opiates, but wasn't dumb enough to do that.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:20 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,271,037 times
Most plants that produce seeds are good for you! facts..Legalize it. (in my Peter Tosh voice)

Old 09-07-2012, 07:51 PM

29,518 posts, read 16,437,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
Simple question for the right wingers here.

Why is the Right so adamantly afraid that Obama will legalize weed, when alcohol and smoking are incalculably more dangerous and still legal?

How is the War on Drugs any different from Prohibition?
How stupid can you get? Obama has INCREASED federal raids on pot outlets.

So your question should be "Why is the Left so adamantly afraid that Obama will legalize weed, when alcohol and smoking are incalculably more dangerous and still legal"

Do you know ANYTHING about Obama's raids on pot outlets?

I guess not.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:53 PM

29,518 posts, read 16,437,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
A co-worker of mine had a theory, though its a little bit to close to conspiracy.

Illegal drugs is big money. The cabal's in charge of such big money fund efforts to make these drugs illegal.

My guess:
The right's ties to the Evangelicals and the idea that Goverment should be small but enforce their own perception of morality is prevalent.

I'm with Ron Paul . .thats the direction. If you want to do these drugs, no harm no foul. Though the drug should be legislated/taxed in such a way to recover the medical impact.

and corporations should be free to fire you at will, if you are taking a "cosmetic" drug such as Meth or Marijuana.

Your guess would be exactly backwards. Obama and the LEFT has abandoned pot legalization. Try doing a little research before posting.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 AM

4,743 posts, read 3,721,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Your guess would be exactly backwards. Obama and the LEFT has abandoned pot legalization. Try doing a little research before posting.
Give me a break - just because this administration is bending their knee to a hopeless battle with the right and they don't want to offend the religious, doesn't mean they are the drivers of the effort

Old 09-08-2012, 09:50 AM

4,743 posts, read 3,721,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Gave this a positive as I agree with part of the middle part "If you want to do these drugs, no harm, no foul".

I've never seem MJ called a cosmetic drug & wonder what it means? I think it's more likely to make people beautiful on the inside than on the outside. Employers are shooting themselves in the foot if they won't hire the 50 million MJ users in USA. MJ users have less sick days. If MJ users not hired, then they are more likely to hire alcohol & tobacco users & have increased health costs. Also, the labor pool is smaller, if 50 million MJ users are not hired, so mimimum pay must be higher. The govt tells employers if you don't hire & fire MJ users, we'll help you pay employees health insurance. Still not a good deal!

MJ does not cause death or sickness. Medical impact could only be slowness or errors on job, not needing a doctor & hope employers learn more. Give the driving & forklift jobs to employees not using MJ, or have them tested at start of workday. Best wishes.
Cosmetic is probably a bad term, I'm thinking in my own line of work dealing with drugs that are necessary or drugs that are optional (normally cosmetic)

I think recreational is a more apt term, but of course no one seems to call booze and cigarettes recreational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies