Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 07:49 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times

Advertisements

A court in Israel called the killing of the American activist a regrettable accident. The protestor placed herself in between a bulldozer and palestinian home. Dressed in orange as to not be missed the bulldozer ran over her, stayed on top of her for a few moments and then backed up and ran over her again.

Bystanders say there is no way that the soldier could not see her.

WIth friends like these who needs enemies. I don't think she should have been there protesting. She should not expect U.S. support for doing this on her own. But by the same token, if Israel kills Americans they should not expect any American support. Cut off all aid and all weapons. They are not our friends.

U.S. activist's death a 'regrettable accident,' Israeli court rules - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 07:51 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
I tend to agree and Israel has a long history of transgressions against the USA and our citizens. AIPAC ensures that such activities are sugar coated and explained away as unintentional, or accidental.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:57 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
While I am sorry for her families loss, somebody standing in front of a bulldozer, by choice, with ample time to move, one could not come to expect any other outcome.

"The bulldozer drove toward Rachel slowly, gathering earth in its scoop as it went. She knelt there, she did not move".

I guess praying for guidance, to which ever god she chooses, did not work.

Last edited by plannine; 08-29-2012 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: Changed Whatever to Which Ever

Old 08-29-2012, 07:58 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times

Old 08-29-2012, 07:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Deliberate killing of an unarmed person not committing an assault against you or anyone else is MURDER. The operator of the machine killed this person in front of whitnesses. Why is he not in jail or been executed?

With allies like this why are we anywhere near this place. We should stop supporting any government in the middle east.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:00 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Deliberate killing of an unarmed person not committing an assault against you or anyone else is MURDER. The operator of the machine killed this person in front of whitnesses. Why is he not in jail or been executed?

With allies like this why are we anywhere near this place. We should stop supporting any government in the middle east.

People don't go to jail when someone decides to commit suicide.

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
While I am sorry for her families loss, somebody standing in front of a bulldozer, by choice, with ample time to move, one could not come to expect any other outcome.
Really, you would not expect a bulldozer going 2 mph to stop? Maybe you are right. In the U.S., you would expect a bulldozer not to run over you. People here expect traffic to stop when you cross the road. However, in Israel, which is rampant with human rights abuse, one should never expect them to do the right thing.

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
A bulldozer moves slowly that is true. It also stops very quickly. This is a case of the driver using the bulldozer to kill a person because he didn't want to be the first to blink.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:03 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
This woman chose to play chicken with a bulldozer and lost her bet. Darwin wins again.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
I actually saw video of this and it was nowhere near so cut and dried. I am glad the soldier was aquitted.

This woman played a very dangerous game with the military of a nation at war with extremists and lost. She was utterly stupid in doing so and she paid with her life. It was a worthless effort and she was on the wrong side.

I feel for her family but she gave up her life to protect terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies