U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 PM
 
15,171 posts, read 10,076,123 times
Reputation: 6830

Advertisements

Mitt Romney, net worth - $320 million, he's greedy part of the 1% and obscenely rich.

*BUT* these people are not greedy, not part of the 1% and just well off:

~ George Soros, net worth - $22 billion

~ Al Gore , worth $100 million

~ John Kerry, worth $231 million

~ John Edwards, worth $55.5 million

~ Oprah Winfrey, worth $2.7 billion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-07-2012, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Houston
10,422 posts, read 3,546,313 times
Reputation: 3448
milton greed - Bing Videos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2012, 07:45 PM
 
6,225 posts, read 5,801,052 times
Reputation: 3031
That's because you, like other silly conservatives, don't realize that liberals don't begrudge monetary success. The people you listed support higher tax rates on their own social class. "The 1%" is also a mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2012, 07:50 PM
 
8,030 posts, read 4,623,784 times
Reputation: 3473
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
That's because you, like other silly conservatives, don't realize that liberals don't begrudge monetary success. The people you listed support higher tax rates on their own social class. "The 1%" is also a mindset.
Makes you wonder about the mental abilities of those who can't understand that very simple distinction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2012, 08:04 PM
 
775 posts, read 327,052 times
Reputation: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Mitt Romney, net worth - $320 million, he's greedy part of the 1% and obscenely rich.

*BUT* these people are not greedy, not part of the 1% and just well off:

~ George Soros, net worth - $22 billion

~ Al Gore , worth $100 million

~ John Kerry, worth $231 million

~ John Edwards, worth $55.5 million

~ Oprah Winfrey, worth $2.7 billion
Maybe one day, you'll realize that the mere status of being rich is not condemned by the Left, but rather the unwillingness to accept social responsibility and reciprocate some of that wealth to society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2012, 08:07 PM
 
379 posts, read 410,162 times
Reputation: 295
It's really all about attitude. Prominent wealthy conservatives seem to have a "I've got mine, screw the rest of you" attitude. It manifests as contempt for the poor and even middle class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2012, 08:11 PM
 
15,171 posts, read 10,076,123 times
Reputation: 6830
Boy it's so easy to yank the chain of a liberal, makes taking candy from a baby seem like an incredibly complex task....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2012, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
14,097 posts, read 15,162,188 times
Reputation: 7730
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenncmom View Post
It's really all about attitude. Prominent wealthy conservatives seem to have a "I've got mine, screw the rest of you" attitude. It manifests as contempt for the poor and even middle class.
Really? How many prominent wealthy conservatives do you know outside of movies and television shows? Is it their attitude (of a person you never met nor spoke with), or is it your attitude towards them based upon your and their politics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2012, 08:17 PM
 
1,313 posts, read 838,086 times
Reputation: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Boy it's so easy to yank the chain of a liberal, makes taking candy from a baby seem like an incredibly complex task....
You get your ass handed to you, then try to turn it around and make it look like that was your intent? What are you, 9 years old?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2012, 08:19 PM
 
Location: Here
9,129 posts, read 7,505,282 times
Reputation: 4360
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenncmom View Post
It's really all about attitude. Prominent wealthy conservatives seem to have a "I've got mine, screw the rest of you" attitude. It manifests as contempt for the poor and even middle class.
What a completely outlandish statement.

Makes you wonder how some folks actually make it to adulthood.

Last edited by 01Snake; 09-07-2012 at 08:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top